It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Edwards Used Campaign Funds To Pay Mistress?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   

www.judicialwatch.org

The North Carolina senator who cheated on his ailing, cancer-stricken wife while she worked on his failed presidential campaign, used political funds to pay the mistress, purchase a multi million-dollar home for her and transport her on private jets.

The bombshell story that the mainstream media refused to cover gets juicier by the day as the tabloid that broke it digs up more incriminating details about John Edwards’ secret affair with a younger woman that he met at a bar and kept close...
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com
www.dallasnews.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
John Edwards Caught in Hotel with Mistress and Child

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   

With no previous filmmaking experience, Hunter was paid $114,000 by the senator’s political action committee to produce a series of internet videos that incidentally included shots of the two flirting. There has also been quite a bit of hush money and a $3 million home in an exclusive Santa Barbara California community.

Angry Edwards donors are demanding a refund...

I believe I heard a National Inquirer executive on an interview say "We only print what we can prove in court." Uh huh.

Maybe judicial watch follows those rules?

Anyway, I dug up those 4 videos his mistress produced.

1. Edwards Webisode 1: Plane Truths
www.webcastr.com...

2. Missing Edwards Webisode 2 - The Golden Rule
www.webcastr.com...

3. Missing Edwards Webisode 3 - Plight of Uganda
www.webcastr.com...

4. Missing Edwards Webisode 4 - Plugs
www.webcastr.com...

He set her up as a director (with no previous experience) of a new company, Midline Groove Productions, to record the above videos.

While filming these the whole time he was gettin him some. I've heard of friends with benefits, but isn't that a bit much to ask from your director when your wife's dying of cancer and working on your campaign too?

He made an error in judgment? (so he says). :shk:

www.judicialwatch.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Who the hell cares.?

John Edwards is out of the race.. His life as a politician is ended.. Dwelling on this kind of BS serves no one. If it is true then he will face whatever justice the law will provide.

We have a potential war with Russia brewing right now and stupid stuff like this is distracting people... Bahh

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   
You get mad at him for paying his mistress, you'd probably get mad at him for paying for hookers too, he can't win! You people are so hard to please!

[edit on 14-8-2008 by pluckynoonez]

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

www.judicialwatch.org

The North Carolina senator who cheated on his ailing, cancer-stricken wife while she worked on his failed presidential campaign, used political funds to pay the mistress, purchase a multi million-dollar home for her and transport her on private jets.

In other news, water is wet, and the sun will rise tomorrow in the east. Details at 11:00.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Well hey. There was a conspiracy to defraud the American public by using campaign contributions to pay for pretty directors with benefits.
I thought we liked conspiracies?

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
As soon as Congress gets back from their extended vacation, I fully expect a Congressional Investigation on this. Yeah right!

Better yet...a FBI investigation might be in order.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Yea........ They didn't do jack about clinton and he and his wife are guilty of much worse. What makes you think anything will happen to Edwards ?

THE CLINTON LEGACY

RECORDS SET

- The only president ever impeached on grounds of personal malfeasance

- Most number of convictions and guilty pleas by friends and associates**

- Most number of cabinet officials to come under criminal investigation

- Most number of witnesses to flee country or refuse to testify

- Most number of witnesses to die suddenly

- First president sued for sexual harassment.

- First president accused of rape.

- First first lady to come under criminal investigation

- Largest criminal plea agreement in an illegal campaign contribution case

- First president to establish a legal defense fund.

- Greatest amount of illegal campaign contributions

- Greatest amount of illegal campaign contributions from abroad

(Posted this in another thread just recently too lol)

[edit on 16-8-2008 by wolfmanjack]

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Hopefully, edwards will eat his own words...

"Have the world see me for who i am.."

And what would that be john? a shmucky lier, er, Lawyer, who will LIE, CHEAT, and STEAL at will...

But we knew that all already, before we found out he cheated on his wife...

HOPEFULLY, this is the end of the liers political carear...

but Honestly, anyone who REALY thought this guy was an honest and decent man... Please take a LONG look at yourself... and remember how easily you were duped... and what it was that duped you...

And think about that before you start spouting at me about how Humans are making the earth hotter...

As for Edwards being legaly prosequted... HA... after that, go sue the IRS too...

new topics

top topics

join