It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Bush Revoke/Re-Write The 22nd Amendment, To Hold A 3rd Term In Office?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Who knows?

Maybe BushCo will nuke Congress while it is in session, and blame it on Muslims, or Russians, or Iranians, and thus take out the Democratic opposition at the same time that martial law is declared and the election is suspended.

Far fetched? I would like to think so.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blueracer
Because it won't happen. Besides, if that's not fear mongering, what is?

Selling people on Nibiru and the end of the world in 2012

Bush and Co have been doing business since before WWII... nothing new... its the OWO doing business as usual

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

Bush will continue to have major influence long after his presidency ends..... I'm British btw

peace out

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Everyone try to remember please, to stay on topic.

I know responding to someone else's reply sometimes takes a moment, but try to add something about the thread's topic as well.

With all of the things Bush has passed, pushed, and slid under the table, I see the possibility of him revoking the 22nd Amendment is a definite possible.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Symbiote
Who knows?

Maybe BushCo will nuke Congress while it is in session, and blame it on Muslims, or Russians, or Iranians, and thus take out the Democratic opposition at the same time that martial law is declared and the election is suspended.

Far fetched? I would like to think so.

Ok, I'm up due to insomnia, so I want to apologize first off for anything that is missaid or spelled wrong. i will try to come back to this when I get a few hours of sleep.

It occurs to me that there are only a precious few scenarios that Bush could EXTEND his 2nd term. I say extend because as other posters have said there is no way for him to get all the work done to be able to run for this election (even if they did...no one would vote for him, I think even the majority of the sheeple wouldn't).

Ok, what I'm playing off of is a crisis that occurred in 1876 with Rutherford Hayes' election. Not so much what happened, but the time line. The electoral college vote was too close, with no majority, so as per the Constitution the decision was left to the House, which couldn't make a decision until a private meeting between Hayes and some others negotiated a settlement and the withdrawal of troops from some of the controversial areas in the South, but this is unimportant here. With days left, a new president was chosen, but there were plans for Grant to continue sitting in until the decision was made.

The ONLY ways I see that Bush could extend the term is 1)The House of Representitives is disbanded/destroyed in its entirety (as long as there is a quorum of the House they could probably certify the election results as per its responsibilities), or 2) Happen to have both candidates (and their VP choices if they are made at that time) in the same area and have the city mysteriously get nuked by "terrorists" (plays into the missing nuke I saw someone talk about earlier), finally 3) (least likely IMO) Nuclear war devastates the country, leaving insufficient infrastructure for a vote that the House would be able to certify in "good faith in representation".

I'm not saying it will happen, I'm also not saying it won't. I have seen some people say that we need to look at our Constitution and the Civics books, and I have done so, both in recent classes and on my own time. These are the legal ways that it could be done, and Bush would be accepted (unhappily) to be President for the next year (two max) to get the country/House rebuilt and to hold elections.

Some people (after reading this over myself) may have a problem with #2, because there are more than 2 candidates. But I must remind readers that the people are not as...open to things as we are. I talk with people with their Master's and Ph.D.'s all the time and even they sometimes have some wool over their eyes. Others are not going to be as investigative as us, nor as interested in the news (my roommate for example will not watch the news unless I force her, and even then its only half-hearted on her part), so third party candidates get knocked off. The only one's I've heard about at all are Ron Paul and Nader, and that's been a while. Make the "event" happen a day or two before the election in a controversial state like oh say Ohio or Florida, and the election has to be postponed, because people would still vote along party lines for dead people to be president (Don't believe it wouldn't happen? Look up Mel Carnahan, who was elected to the Senate in 2000 against John Ascroft, and had died during the campaign because of an airplane crash).

Am I worried? Sure I'll go with that, but I'm not going to go stocking up on the 3-month supply of emergency rations people have been talking about on ATS. No I'm going to make sure to help people keep their heads on their shoulders, because if we let conspiracy take hold of us instead of us taking it on, we become nothing more than an alarmist trying to throw water on a fire that doesn't exist at that time, and may inadvertantly start the fire they are fearing. Right now Bush has no real reason (that can be supported by Congress in any way) to suspend the elections or do anything that would get him more time in office. Let's not give him one by inciting fear in the populace. Thank you for your time.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Sir Solomon

So, there's something that could happen that would extend his 2nd term in office.

This would be a technical 3rd term then, or even longer, depending on the scenario.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Its hilarious to read this thread, than go read liberals wringing their hands about a book about Obama.

You guys simply cant take what you dish out.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Dronetek

What's even funnier, is that you think anyone on this thread is a liberal.

No one wants to see this happen, no matter their party.

I'm in support of neither party.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   
FDR was able to serve 4 terms because there was no law preventing it. It was only a custom to serve two. Your question should instead be, will Bush be able to achieve a Constitutional Amendment in the next 80 days, become the Republican nominee for President in the next 2 weeks and win election in November, so that HE can serve indefinatley? NO, Bush is no King!

Otherwise, Bush would have to overthrow the government and institute new laws, just so he can achieve something you feel he obviously hasn't and needs more time to achieve at the very least. Is this possible? NO. That would mean that the people who support Bush and would help him to do such a thing are, at this very moment, plotting to overthrow the US government. Who are these "great patriots" who you think are currently involved in a treasonous plot against the established order. Give me names!!

I know it is hard for some of you, like the person who asked this question to the OP, to grapple with the notion that the US will not fall. That life will proceed according to the agreed upon framework, now and forever more. Ha Ha.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Hold on people...
why even have this conversation, i mean anyone with a high school diploma or GED would have known that The President can not revoke or rewrite the Amendments without, not just Congress approval people, the States ratifying it first. It's these kind of threads, that are no-brainers, that pollute the ATS boards.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I hope Bush does. That way all you conspiracy folks could actually be right for once. Give it a break.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leapass
I hope Bush does. That way all you conspiracy folks could actually be right for once. Give it a break.

Wow, I think that's the absolute worst comment I've ever seen on ATS, ever.

I never said I wanted it to be right.

I only asked what if the sneaky politician has something up his sleeve.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Although I don't think I'll get an honest answer, I have to ask. What is so important about Bush that he would do something like this? Is he an integral part of a terrorist plot to destroy the American government or something? If he is no longer President, has a window of opportunity closed? At the end of a President's second term it is somewhat customary to talk of a 3rd term, but something is different now. It seems like catastrophe awaits some formerlly powerful people when Bush leaves office in January.

Its almost as if these people had planned for Bush to be the last president according to the current Constitution and the prospect of an election and a new president is like a nuclear weapon going off in their heads. Am I getting warm?

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidas

What's even funnier, is that you think anyone on this thread is a liberal.

No one wants to see this happen, no matter their party.

I'm in support of neither party.

You missed my point.

You guys are willing to beleive some crazy things when it comes to Bush/Republicans, but accuse Obama and suddenly your angry and in disbelief.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Again, you're assuming. I don't support Obama, or McCain.

Why would I want Bush to stay in office either?

I never wanted him in office, nor his opposing party in either rigged election.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   

If that's the worst comment you ever heard, you need to get out more.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Obviously, sarcasm is lost on you, as well as the question of the original post.

Stay on topic, about the possibility of Bush revoking or re-writing the 22nd Amendment.

Thanks, for keeping with the topic at hand.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Obviously, sarcasm is lost on you, as well as the question of the original post.

Stay on topic, about the possibility of Bush revoking or re-writing the 22nd Amendment.

Right, its not going to happen. You're simply fear mongering.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dronetek

Right, its not going to happen. You're simply fear mongering.

Great. Thanks for contributing nothing useful.

I'm not fear-mongering, I'm not in politics. Politicians are the ones who fear-monger, as evidenced by Bush's entire two terms in office so far.

I sure hope he leaves quickly and quietly.

*Do Not Feed The Trolls*

[edit on 16-8-2008 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   

I'm not fear-mongering, I'm not in politics. Politicians are the ones who fear-monger, as evidenced by Bush's entire two terms in office so far.

Let me get this straight. bush is a fear monger for fighting people that are part of the same movement that killed 3,000+ on our soil. Yet, you're not fear mongering by lobbing COMPLETELY baseless accusations about Bush?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join