It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Bush Revoke/Re-Write The 22nd Amendment, To Hold A 3rd Term In Office?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by dragonseeker

You say that as if the people have any control over what happens. Are you gonna march right over to the white house and remove him from office? He has the power and control right now.All we can hope for is him leaving office and someone that is not part of the bush clan in office. And its not that far fetched to think bush would try to do what the O.P has suggested. He has done so much harm already, Whats to stop him from continuing. Lets just all hope it doesnt happen. Really no point in doing much more speculating, We will just have to see how it plays out.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Maybe theres a connection between the war between Georgia and Russia and the fact that he has all control in the case of a national emergency.

I know this probably belongs in a conspiracy forum.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   
sorry double posted

[edit on 15-8-2008 by Alien_Biohazard]

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alien_Biohazard
sorry double posted

[edit on 15-8-2008 by Alien_Biohazard]

It happens. No problems. Just means the thread got bumped twice.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 02:05 AM
link   
With Bush having reworked the continuity of government COG with many secret addend ems to it which even members of the congress involved with homeland security department dont know all the new secret items. Who knows Continuity of government was declared on 9/11 and was still in place in 2002 it was still in effect . archives.cnn.com...

What powers he or the rest of the cabinet have are totally unknown . Especially since he rewrote the COG think 07 and much is secret .

What could happen is a renewed emergency and the decider could be come the dictator

At this point how easy is it for the decider to become the dictator . Or for any new President to make a coup
Emergency , Declare National emergency institute COG , renew it into perpetuity ! Instant complete control
(b) "Catastrophic Emergency" means any incident, regardless of location, that results in extraordinary levels of mass casualties, damage, or disruption severely affecting the U.S. population, infrastructure, environment, economy, or government functions;
ANY incident , regardless of location what or who defines disruption

After COG kicks in who does it end Presidential Directive only ? If thats is trully the cas a President can keep it going indefinably . And COG may still be effect ? It was evoked has it ended ?

The right set of circumstances and we could have Shrub for 4 ,8 or who knows how many years .

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 02:46 AM
link   
You know something?...Im so sure of it that I placed a bet that the elections wont take place anytime during 2008, with my local bookmaker on the 11th of July.

Im not a pessimist, but I dont turn my back on easy money.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

No. Not a chance. No even a little chance. I don't know who the hell you were talking too, but they don't know much about Bush. I have NEVER seen a POTUS look so happy when reporters bring up the fact he only has to be in that job another 4 months. Bring that up and he does the old soft shoe and is grinning from ear to ear. Can you blame him

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by TXMACHINEGUNDLR

Well, you have to admit, George W. Bush has that fake laughter down pretty good, like when he jokingly said "I'm the Decider", which is a pretty and fluffy way of saying "I'm the Dictator", he was convincing that he didn't mean it.

His actions however say totally different. I'm wondering if the case is the same thing with the countdown for the upcoming election.

All it would take would be a massive incident on American soil, for a National Emergency scenario to lock in his Presidency, or even revert our being under Martial Law and Homeland Security enacting F.E.M.A. protocols.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarthChrisious
I've heard this being talked about, especially here on ATS. My personal opinion is no, I don't think he will. All the other unconstitutional things he's done has kind of been "under the table" - so to speak. By that I mean he's able to sell it to the majority of Americans without there being too much of a fuss. To rewrite/revoke the 22nd Amendment, in my opinion, would be so blatant that no American (even his strongest supporters) would go for it. There would be an insurrection...literally. I honestly believe that Americans would take to the streets of Washington DC and physically drag him out of the White House.

All that being said, however...stranger things have happened.

Maybe that's what the FEMA camps are for. To lock up the initial protesters. Lock up a few hundred thousand and the rest will be quiet as sheep, err sheeple.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by son of PC

Now here's someone who's thinking.

That's the type of thought that this might be a part of through the process of the citizens being pissed off, therefore Martial Law is enacted, and Blackwater is asked to cart people off to the F.E.M.A. "Detainment Camps."

Remember, according to the news, people at Guantanamo Bay are not prisoners, they are "detainees", and a detainee has no rights, whereas a prisoner has some basic rights. A detainee can be held without trial, indefinately.

I sure hope George doesn't try something like this before November.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by flaco

this is a bunch of bs
man some one needs to snipe the hell out george bush.how the hell is he gonna get a way from all this,oh,wait i know how,he is the president of the united states.

ease up there, buddy

[edit on 15-8-2008 by dragonseeker]

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragonseeker

Originally posted by flaco

this is a bunch of bs
man some one needs to snipe the hell out george bush.how the hell is he gonna get a way from all this,oh,wait i know how,he is the president of the united states.

ease up there, buddy

[edit on 15-8-2008 by dragonseeker]

I couldn't have said it better myself. I was giving flaco time to come back and edit it.

Guess that's not happening.

The thinking here, behind this thread, is since Bush's election in 2000 was so controversial, that people feel he stole the first election, possibly the Secret Service were involved along with his brother, Jeb Bush being Governor of Florida, and Bush not doing a damn thing we as citizens have wanted since day one, essentially taking away every Constitutional Right we are supposed to have to protect us against tyranny, what's to stop him and Cheney from pulling another bonehead stunt, and just put themselves in as "The Permanent Decider's?"

I'm The Decider

The Decider Song : Lil Bush

[edit on 15-8-2008 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Without a doubt, I think this is Bush's plan! I've been saying this for a year now. In a time of war, Bush has the power to override the election and postpone it. He loves war!! He will not give it up! We are going to be nuked by Russia! Say your prayers.....

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   

I totally agree with you!! He needs to go to hell!!! I'm sure he'll get there without a problem! HAHAHA!!

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   

That Mother Fu*@#r can do whatever he wants!! He cheated two elections, there is no reason to think that he can't do whatever he wants! Di you know that he is opening the borders to Mexico and Canada for free trade? It's called the "North American Union". Look it up! He did this without the consent of the American people and Congress, and he did it right before his last election and never told anybody about it because he would have never gotten re-elected! Is there a human being on this continent that can get rid of him? We couldn't get that lucky!

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by russ1969

YES!! We all need to march right over to the White House and do something about that maniac Bush!! Remember the Boston Tea Party? They made things happen!! We can too, but we are all too afraid!! Power in numbers my friend!!!

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I don't want to rehash what has been revealed here on ATS. What has been 'planned' to happen shortly has been posted already on ATS by those who leaked the latest CFR 'discussions'. Members of our House of Representatives have been breifed in a secret meeting of which the members were sworn to secrecy. Even so, the results were leaked due to 'outrage' by some of the participants. There is a good reason why those in the know have been leaving the country until the inevitable will take place. Our Senate and House of Reps. have been briefed as to where they are to take 'cover' when the events take hold. What is unkown at this time is since the 'leak' has taken place, how will this change their plans? This, I am unsure of. How can anyone read GWB's mind. Who knows what the Bilderberg group, Omega society and the CFR are up to at 'this moment'. No one knows including current Senate and House members therefor I will not/can not speculate with accuracy what will transpire though what I do know is that these events were suppose to take place by Oct. of this year and much more were to transpire by Feb. 2009.
The reason I am posting about the above is inform ATS members that they NEED to purchase a weapon and ammunition for their own 'protection' and stock up on food. They are selling Emergency food bins (3 month supply) at BJ's and the other wholesale lot stores. Anyone wonder why? Don't wonder...just be prepared...for you won't have a second chance. You see what happens after Christmas when the stores are mobbed by customers looking for bargains. Imagine that response times 100. The stores will be ramsacked and the goods will be gone faster than one can drive to the store and 'try' to find a parking space. What will happen will happen and we won't know exactly 'how' that will happen at this point due to the 'leaks'. Just be prepared and NEVER EVER let em take your guns...badge or no badge. It's your fundamental right to defend yourself and your family not just against the govt. authorities but against the subsequent MOB of chaos on our streets that are to follow. Who will protect you from them? On another note, pay close attention to
the links below. The first link below provides good info. on what the Revolution will be about. The second link below will prove to be a cataclysmic/revolutionary moment on Aug. 31 thru Sept. 02 as Ron Paul reveals to the people what the Revolution is all about. You can't afford to miss this "Rally for The Republic".

www.usavsus.info...

rally.campaignforliberty.com...

Peace Brethren....after the Revolution

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Good reading below:

www.usavsus.info...

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Damn I get tired of hearing such baloney. First of all Bush couldn't get that kind of change in the constitution ratified in time if at all. Second signing statements are not laws. Third, if you want to talk about spineless Americans, speak for yourself as many of us don't see it that way. Deceived? yes, spineless no.

The Supreme Court has ruled against the favor of GWB many times also, so it isn't like he has them in his hip pocket either

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join