It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poland and USA sign missle deal!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Poland and USA sign missle deal

www.bbc.co.uk

US and Poland sign a plan for a controversial missile shield.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 14-8-2008 by all2human]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Who said anything about a cold war? Russia is furious,seems this will add heat to an almost explosive relationship! The USA is playing hardball and now it's game-on!

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this. I was looking for a link to it for hours. All I saw on it earlier was a blurb in passing in an article whose main focus was Georgia.

Hopefully this will not increase tensions to such a degree that relations between Russia and the U.S. are irreparably damaged. This whole situation has been quite sad, as for a long time I had hoped that Russia and the U.S. were moving closer together. I guess that was naive of me, though.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Mehh once again it is nothing more then posturing .. The missile shield isn't designed to take on a large scale attack.. Only a few incoming ICBM's and it is questionable that a ABM would even be able to take out a MIRV/ICBM.

The missile shield is nothing more then politics and a waste of money.

Forcing the issue will only piss russia off and bring about the very thing the missile shield is supposed to protect from.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
This story is covered in an earlier thread which can be found here:

U.S., Poland sign missile shield deal

Please add your thoughts and comments to the existing thread, this one will be closed.

new topics

top topics

join