It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazon Bans Book "Judaism Discovered."

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Amazon.com, the worlds largest book-seller has come under fire for banning the latest work by controversial historian Michael A. Hoffman II.

Judaism Discovered: A Study of the Anti-Biblical Religion of Racism, Self-Worship, Superstition and Deceit, a book that Hoffman believes is the product of divine inspiration is a critique of what he believes is the hypocrisy and deceitful nature of the Judaic Religion.

Initially Amazon had ordered eleven copies of the book for sale on their site. This order was cancelled and the author was informed that Amazon "will not continue distributing the book."

Hoffman stated:

"While I did not anticipate the ban by Amazon," Hoffman said, "which in the past has had a well-deserved reputation as a bastion of freedom of the press, fierce opposition to 'Judaism Discovered' was of course expected. Mr. Zapolsky's Aug. 3 communication was so partisan it was akin to a hazmana from a Beit din. It seems that when Judasm is radically challenged, there are no limits to the tribal solidarity that coalesces to fight threats to its immunity, a an immunity not enjoyed by Christianity or Islam. "
Link

Noam Chomsky, Famed MIT Professor has labelled the ban "disgraceful."

Apparently the ban has arisen from "Rabbinic objections." In this case, a certain Rabbi that claims a dispute regarding intellectual property rights.

A Rabbi that Hoffman has never heard of.

It is not truthful to claim that I am in an "ongoing dispute" with this rabbi. The rabbi has not contacted me regarding any such "dispute." This writer is in an ongoing dispute with Amazon.com and Amazon.com has told me that they will never allow "Judaism Discovered" to be sold until the rabbi in question approves it. I guess that is why they feel justified in terming the ban on my book "temporary."

The book is available HERE.

Remember that Amazon sells titles such as:

The Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion

The Synagogue of Satan

The Jews and Their Lies

And of course Henry Ford's:
The International Jew

What makes Hoffman's book so dangerous?

Coincidentally, on the day Hoffman was informed that Amazon would not be stocking his book, Google Inc. e-mailed him concerning his blog On the Contrary being deleted due to accusations of running a "spam" blog.

Will Hoffman disappear down what he calls, "The Orwellian Memory Hole?"

[edit on 14/8/2008 by Beelzebubba]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beelzebubba

Will Hoffman disappear down what he calls, "The Orwellian Memory Hole?"
[edit on 14/8/2008 by Beelzebubba]

Well, lets hope so.

As a private entity, Amazon.com is free to carry or not carry whatever they would like.

I would like to see more information about the claims regarding the Rabbi. If Amazon is making a decision based on the books content, I applaud them and support their decision. If they are kowtowing to a single religious figure and if that individuals opposition is their sole reason for the banning, that would be disconcerting.

Eric

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by EricD

Well, lets hope so.

Why would you hope so? Do you know anything about Mr. Hoffman? For a person with an avatar such as yours, I find your attitude toward the man somewhat confusing.

As a private entity, Amazon.com is free to carry or not carry whatever they would like.

But they can't have their cake and eat it too. In Amazon's quest to overtake Bowker as the worlds leading book listing agency. They have deigned to advertise a book that they refuse to sell.

I would like to see more information about the claims regarding the Rabbi. If Amazon is making a decision based on the books content, I applaud them and support their decision. If they are kowtowing to a single religious figure and if that individuals opposition is their sole reason for the banning, that would be disconcerting.

More information concerning the rabbi will be entirely up to Amazon. In their correspondence with Mr. Hoffman they have only mentioned what was stated in my first post. Mr. Hoffman is entirely in the dark as to who this individual is and what his claim is.

As far as the books content is concerned, I am sure that there will be many passages that will be upsetting to many. Mr. Hoffman is, however, quite an astute and learned man. Do not be so quick to label him as amother knuckle-dragging anti-semite. His gripe is not with the Jewish people, but against a religion that lies at the heart of the Cryptocracy.

As stated in my first post. Take a look at the anti-semitic titles that Amazon seems to have no problem selling. Amazon is not concerned with the content of this title. That, IMHO, leaves only one other answer, and it is rather disconcerting.

[edit on 15/8/2008 by Beelzebubba]

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Yes, ironic. "Jews and their lies" OK, and another religion basher - not?
Maybe it is an attempt for something like "Da Vinci code" publicity stunt - the bigger the scandal the better the sales. I personally do not like mass attack on specific religion. If to dig in the texts, a lot of sick stuff will be found anywhere, in any religion on any continent. So it is pointless, the only people who will gain are various haters - more informational ammo will be available. But if this rabbi indeed is stalling this book - the only thing he will cause is more publicity to it.
I liked "anti-biblical" Judaism part. Read one sentence - the title - and already know that it is not serious.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Anti biblical Judaism is like saying Islam is anti quaranic.

Utter Nonsense,

It would be nice if people who hated Jews so much would go find a religion not connected to the Bible, so I dont have to hear or argue with such moronic ideas. Please for the sake of intelligence could jew haters please find a non jewish religion to practice. There's plenty old European gods who havn't had much attention in the last 2000 years, I'm sure they would be happy to get some.

[edit on 15/8/08 by MikeboydUS]

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

If you bothered to read Hoffman's thoroughly footnoted book, a book that is also illustrated with Talmud excerpts in their full context, you would see precisely how anti-Biblical Judaism is.

Judaism sees the Old Testament only as viewed through the distorting lens of the Talmud:

“My son, be more careful in the observance of the words of the Scribes [the Talmud] than in the words of the Torah” —Erubin 21b

The occultic portion of the Talmud, the Kaballa, at Tikkunei Zohar 1:27b refers to the Mischnah of the Talmud as “the burial place of Moses.” The reference is an apt double entendre because the Talmud teaches that it supercedes and nullifies the Old Testament, so “buries” the Pentateuch of Moses.

The rabbis glory in this:

“The complex of rabbinically ordained practices ... including most of the rules for the treatment of Scripture itself--do not derive from Scripture at all. Rabbinic Judaism's initial concern was with the elaboration and refinement of it's own system. Attaching the system to scripture was secondary. It therefore is misleading to depict rabbinic Judaism primarily as a consequence of an exegetical process or the organic unfolding of Scripture. Rather, rabbinic Judaism began as the work of a small, ambitious, and homogeneous group of pseudo-priests ...By the third century (A.D.) the rabbis expressed their self-conception in the ideology of "oral Torah" which held that a comprehensive body of teachings and practices (halachot) not included in Scripture had been given by God and through Moses only to the rabbinic establishment.” (Rabbinic Judaism: Structure and System, Rabbi Jacob Nuesner, pp. 31-34)

Not the Bible, but the Talmud is at the core of Judaism:

“Our Rabbis taught: They who occupy themselves with the Bible [alone] are but of indifferent merit; with Mishnah, are indeed meritorious, and are rewarded for it; ... Be heedful of the [Talmud], for an error in Talmud is accounted as intentional." —Baba Mezia 33a-b

"The Bavli [Babylonian Talmud] has formed the definitive statement of Judaism from the time of its closure to the present day." (Rabbi Jacob Neusner, quoted by Norman F. Cantor, The Sacred Chain: A History of the Jews, page 112) Benedict XVI calls Rabbi Jacob Neusner a "great Jewish scholar" (cf. Jesus of Nazareth, Benedict XVI, p.71).

"...the Babylonian Talmud represents God in the flesh..." Rabbi Jacob Neusner, Rabbinic Judaism, Minneapolis MN: Augsburg Fortress, 1995. p. 62

Note that "Divine" rabbis "alter the very content of Mosaic revelation":
“... The rabbi constituted the projection of the divine on earth. Honor was due him more than to the scroll of the Torah, for through his learning and logic he might alter the very content of Mosaic revelation. He was Torah, not merely because he lived by it, but because at his best he constituted as compelling an embodiment of the heavenly model as did a Torah scroll itself.” (Jacob Neusner "The Phenomenon of the Rabbi in Late Antiquity: II The Ritual of 'Being a Rabbi' in Later Sasanian Babylonia," Numen, Vol.17, Fasc. 1. [Feb., 1970], pp.3-4)

There is, of course, plenty more documentation of the anti-Biblical nature of Judaism.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
it is sadening to see that books are still burnt because of their content,
just reminds me of a sertain A.H who had simular things going on in old germany .

the ill logical action of afflicting others with what they them self sufferd make me to belive that there is more to this book then the children of god would like us to know.

is there something that history tends to not tell us ?

[edit on 18-8-2008 by zerbot565]

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Racism is and has always been a crutch for deluded and limited intellects and personalities. The simple brain will make life easier on itself by lumping people into racial groups and applying labels to that group. That way the world becomes nice and easy to understand, with identifyable good and bad guys. Take this for what it's worth, but your development as a fragment of consciousness depends on your getting past racial/materialistic labels and hatreds. Start by focussing on yourself, because that which you so dislike (ie: fear) about Jews, are probably personality traits that you yourself have.

[edit on 18-8-2008 by Silenceisall]

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

The book doesn't quibble with the Bible but the the Kabbalah and the Talmud--both extra-biblical sources. Besides, no-one has read the book yet, as it has only just been released; so why are you offering a review of it?

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
In this age of the digital word book burning has changed to book banning. Any destruction of literature, even if it is racist, is against human rights.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Why so many uninformed opinions?
You haven't even read the book.
He just may be talking about the Talmud which does seem to be anti-biblical.
You seem to not understand that TPTB are doing a massive takedown on all current religions.
Whether this will lead to enlightenment or a switch to another type of mental enslavement remains to be seen.

And yes, there is much that history and historians have not and are not telling us. It has been said that he who controls the past controls the future.

[edit on 18-8-2008 by OhZone]

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Silenceisall

The charge of racism changes the subject (as usual). Obviously, Hoffman's book analyzes and discusses a religion not a race. There is not much to say about racial characteristics, good or bad. There number is short. But, religion has many issues, it affects behavior and is important. As recent history has shown, all religions are not basically the same.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by EricD

OK !

So here is my free decision, which I make public, since I got no answer from Amazon :

Dear Mr Bezos,

I am concerned about your policy of making books available in a selective way (CENSORSHIP) in general, and about Amazon's treatment of Hoffman's recent book _Judaism Discovered_ in particular.

This book is only available through Amazon associates and resellers at a far greater price than the price the author asks for. Moreover, the author has plenty of copies on supply for Amazon to sell it, but Amazon still does not sell his book.

I am a medical doctor, a reviewer, and I bought a certain quantity of books from Amazon in recent years. Also I made comments, reviews, and even joined Amazon associates. My previous letter concerning Hoffman's recent book has not been answered.

Should I not receive a satisfactory and full explanation of Amazon's censorship of Hoofman's Judaism Discovered, here is what I'll do :

01. Stop buying from Amazon;
02. Stop reviewing books for Amazon;
03. Return current orders and leave Amazon Associates for good;
04. Delete my previous reviews and close my Amazon account for good;
05. Make all this public and use my not inconsiderable influence to stop censorship at Amazon for good.

Sincerely,
Dr Dan Waniek MD, PhD

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
And even if it is about Talmud and its sometimes problematic opinions? It is written long before inquisition books and other jewels of medieval religious literature. Does it equals anti-biblical Christianity statement then? Now i have no problem with the book. No one should stall it or interfere. But once author puts such a thing in the title - i personally will not read it since i see that the conclusion made is illogical and biased one and is there to raise the sales in the base case or something else in the worse. If it was supposed to be a serious research - then it would be named differently. To see what i mean - visit local library and check out religions section. You will find much more info but no such titles. Serious books are serious.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
It is unwise to judge a book by its cover.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by EricD

I have read Michaels works and am thoroughly impressed with his historiography,reasoning,related knowledge and summations.That his book is right now banned while other books on Jews are still sold on Amazon it is because Michael has made his point Iron Clad and as factually and contemporarily powerfull as the point can be made,whereas the other books could be disregarded as racist or passe.Michael is more than even handed with his subjects.But don't take my word for it-READ HIS WORK,but be prepared to actually think,open your eyes and study,study,study.....Unbiased education and wisdom - THAT is a scarey thing and something not easily taken up by such naysayers who have peppered this blog with either their gross,infantile ignorance or fear of JUDAISM DISCOVERED.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
does talmud really encourage to kill christians? i've read (not directly from talmud tho) that there are phrases like:

1. "Jews must always try to deceive Christians." Zohar (1, 160a)

2. "If Jew kills Christian commits no sin." Sepher or israel (177b)

3. "Extermination of Christian necessary sacrifice." Zohar (II,43a)

those rabbis really are some nice guys!

[edit on 18-8-2008 by Geemor]

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Geemor

Ok, this thread is going in the wrong direction.
Final attemp to make a point:
Once again, it was written almost 2000 years ago!! In the time that people were fed to the animals for entertainment in the cultural capital pf the world (Rome). So it has different to today's moral values. A lot of ancient christian books have questionable moral approaches if compared to present . People wrote them, people of their age. Greek philosophers were for slavery , for much lower position of females and foreigners. You ever said "Those Greeks are really nice guys..
"?
As for your examples - there are even no such books in Talmud. I know that some racist and questionable moral stuff can be found in few places in Talmud, but you name books that are not included in it. Zohar is Zohar. I do not know if it says such a stuff.
Links that you could use before bashing those evil rabbies for not being 2000 years ago as moral as we are now:
en.wikipedia.org...
Yes wiki, but basic stuff can be found. Like - there are 2 Talmuds. Allready interesting, ha? Then you can read English translation of more then half of Babylonian Talmud. I find it a little tough to read, and there is a lot of it. But if you like to search for "pearls" - no better place:
www.sacred-texts.com...

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I have to laugh at the ignorance demonstrated here. One person won't read it because he thinks the title is illogical. In other words, that it is not possible for Judaism to be anti-Biblical. Well, if you believe that, and refuse to consider any evidence to the contrary, I guess that's the end of the discussion, isn't it? Ignorance is bliss, so they say.

Another that if there is any criticism of Judaism at all, then it must be antisemitic hate literature. Would you say the same thing about criticism of Christianity and Islam? I didn't think so.

Another person things the Talmud is 2000 years old. Just wrong on the face of it.

Another that if it is old, then it must mean nobody really believes what it says anymore. Another ridiculous, utterly illogical conclusion.

A book stands or falls upon the evidence which it presents. Any refutation made without reading said evidence is worthless and laughable.

Now, I have the book. I have not finished it, and in fact have only just begun it. I cannot give you any real critique yet, but I can tell you that based upon what I have read in the first few sections, that there is no other book like it on this subject by any author. From flipping through its pages, and scanning the footnotes, I can tell you that it is documented to the hilt, and has extensive references and quotations of original sources. The book has an introduction for Jewish readers, and for Christian readers. It urges all its readers not to fall into the trap of hating the Jews. We shall see if he maintains this ideal throughout.

And for the record (because I can hear it coming already): I love the Jewish people. By that I do not mean that I have Jewish friends (which is also true, of course). I mean that I love the Jewish people as a whole. I also believe that the Holocaust actually happened. So don't even start with the stereotypes, please.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join