It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has this ever happened to anybody?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I really dont know where to post this or what to make of it.

I was on my balcony just sitting and relaxing, I was reading the paper because it is a nice day considering it is the middle of winter here (Australia). Anyway I guess I zoned out and had my eyes closed and was just sort of sleeping while being awake if you get what I mean. There was a nice breeze but all of a sudden it just stopped sort of really unnaturally.

I opened my eyes and stood up and noticed it was harder to stand and move I really cant explain it. I wasn't moving slower or anything like that everything was just harder, its the only way I can explain it.

There was no breeze, I couldn't hear any birds or people, I didnt see any cars driving down the main road my street comes off of, and I live in the CDB so there is usually a lot of traffic and car noise. Matter of fact there is currently a lot of construction noise going on and stuff like that too. But I couldnt hear anything. The stranger thing is I just couldnt feel a breeze on my skin or anything like that. Temperature didnt change, everything just seemed silent and still and the light seemed a bit different just eerie and not normal. I didnt notice any cloud movement, everything just seemed like a photo, perhaps slightly over exposed on the brights and darker on the shadows but it could have just been me starting to freak out a little bit. That is the best way that I can explain it.

Then all of a sudden everything was back to normal. I didnt blink or anything it just snapped out of it and my heart was racing really fast which it wasnt before.

I have no idea what to make of it. It certainly wasnt a dream because I was standing and it was a smooth transition from whatever happened back to things being normal so its not like I woke up.

Anyone ever felt anything similar or heard of anything similar?

- Mike C.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Sounds like you were caught in that place between dreaming and consciousness. I sometimes wake up very slowly and the dream I’m having kind of melds with what’s happening around me, which can be very confusing for the first few moments, particularly if it’s not a very intense dream and so the change is not impactful. It seems to me that the physical senses are slow to come on line in such a situation, and you can really lose perspective. I’ve had many experiences like you’re describing, and I’m quite sure all of them were a matter of the mind pausing between modes. Well, that’s my experience anyway.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Well I'm in Sydney and I felt a little something earlier today as well. I'm sitting at a desk, and nothing noticeably changed to my physical environment, however something in my head changed. My senses were affected even though nothing discernible happened around me.

My hearing went briefly, yet there was noise, like the piercing whistle of utter silence, yet people were still talking in the office, and the TVs are on to the Olympics. I heard typing, etc - all the normal stuff, but it was all sort of muted.

Right after it happened (it lasted between 5-10 seconds), I wondered 'did anyone else hear that?' But then I thought, 'hear what exactly, it was like a lack of hearing.' It felt odd as well - it's hard to describe, but it was like a slowing down of things.

Strange you bring this up, strange indeed. I haven't even been outside yet today, I think I'll take a break soon and see what's up.

[edit on 14/8/08 by Evasius]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by resistor
Sounds like you were caught in that place between dreaming and consciousness. I sometimes wake up very slowly and the dream I’m having kind of melds with what’s happening around me, which can be very confusing for the first few moments, particularly if it’s not a very intense dream and so the change is not impactful. It seems to me that the physical senses are slow to come on line in such a situation, and you can really lose perspective. I’ve had many experiences like you’re describing, and I’m quite sure all of them were a matter of the mind pausing between modes. Well, that’s my experience anyway.

It really didnt feel like a dream. I wasnt asleep before hand just very relaxed and sort of day dreaming. And when everything went back to normal everything was where it was before so its not like I imagined it. Im certain it wasnt a dream.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evasius
Well I'm in Sydney and I felt a little something earlier today as well. I'm sitting at a desk, and nothing noticeably changed to my physical environment, however something in my head changed. My senses were affected even though nothing discernible happened around me.

My hearing went briefly, yet there was noise, like the piercing whistle of utter silence, yet people were still talking in the office, and the TVs are on to the Olympics. I heard typing, etc - all the normal stuff, but it was all sort of muted.

Right after it happened (it lasted between 5-10 seconds), I wondered 'did anyone else hear that?' But then I thought, 'hear what exactly, it was like a lack of hearing.' It felt odd as well - it's hard to describe, but it was like a slowing down of things.

Strange you bring this up, strange indeed. I haven't even been outside yet today, I think I'll take a break soon and see what's up.

[edit on 14/8/08 by Evasius]

It sounds similar. Yeah it lasted about 10 seconds.

When did it happen for you?

[edit on 14-8-2008 by Mikeraphone]

[edit on 14-8-2008 by Mikeraphone]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I wish I had noted the time. It was definitely before noon, possibly between 9:45 & 11:00. When I get in 'the zone' here at work, it takes something like a 'disturbance in the force' to snap me out of it. It's actually happened quite a few times since June - when the next one happens I'll look at the clock and add to this thread.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evasius
I wish I had noted the time. It was definitely before noon, possibly between 9:45 & 11:00. When I get in 'the zone' here at work, it takes something like a 'disturbance in the force' to snap me out of it. It's actually happened quite a few times since June - when the next one happens I'll look at the clock and add to this thread.

Yes I will do the same but the time zone matches up, I was having my morning coffee and read and woke up at about 9.30. Washed, made coffee, read, and relaxed.

Am in Adelaide.

I wonder if it will happen again and I wonder if anybody else experienced it?

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Besides this, have you had any other weird feelings or experiences lately? Synchronicities & coincidences, moments of deep insight, the same time appearing on the clock every time you look at it, dreams having more relevance than usual, thinking of things before they happen, etc?

One major one I experienced recently was late Saturday, July 5 - early Sunday morning. It was about 100 times more palpable than the one today. I actually checked ATS to see if anyone else had experienced something and found this thread early that monday morning:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The OP referred to the experience as a change in the timeline, or a time shift. There are so far 830 responses on that thread, so a lot of other people felt whatever happened then too.

[edit on 15/8/08 by Evasius]

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Something happened recently that isnt really major and my girlfriend and I laugh about it. I dreamed that I went to the petstore we always go to and they told me all the animals had been killed. That same day when we went to the petstore it was totally empty and it has been for 2 weeks now. I asked why and they just werent getting any in, no puppies or kittens being born? I found it odd.

Its funny that you mention the same time on the clock thing. I have a memory of being a young kid I ran into my moms room to watch TV in her bed while she was doing gardening, I had no TV in my room. I saw her walk past the window and I glanced at the clock and it was 10.47. I took a quick nap and when I woke up and looked at the clock it was 10.23. Then again at 10.47 she walked past the window, the exact same way.

This happened about 15 years ago.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Its called sleep paralysis, I used to experience it all the time. Next time it happens, in your mind spin your body and prepare for a ride!.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by mazzroth

You might sleep at your desk, however I haven't been that lucky lately. I was in the middle of work and was quite busy - focussed on a task, and whatever happened was an intrusion.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by mazzroth
Its called sleep paralysis, I used to experience it all the time. Next time it happens, in your mind spin your body and prepare for a ride!.

No, it wasnt sleep paralysis because I could move normally, it just felt like gravity was stronger or perhaps the air resistance was greater, but I could move without a problem. I stood up. Walked from side to side on my balcony and turned around just looking around, up and below me.

Not sleep paralysis at all.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
The same thing happened just now as in my first post.

11:03am - October 10, 2008

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Mikeraphone

Read Michael Talbot's book, The Holographic Universe. That will explain what you went through.

Excellent book.

Below is a link that might be of interest.

www.guba.com...

[edit on 9-10-2008 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 07:20 AM
link   
its funny you mention things happening around 11 am..i posted a thread yesterday www.abovetopsecret.com... the clock in work is in perfect working order so it cant be a fault with it... maybe we all experienced a time wave \ ripple....

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Happened yet again about 20 minutes ago --

2:29pm February 20, 2009

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
hey dudes ye this sounds interesting i havent experienced what you two have but i have somthing simalar it was when i was younger i was walking past my old primary school and i seen a cat that meowed at me i turned the corner i was at the exat same bit even tho i just left that street and the same happend again the at meowed again i went to clap it and it disapeared so scary stuff

new topics

top topics

join