It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Ossetia: superpower oil war

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   

South Ossetia: superpower oil war

onlinejournal.com

The war in the Georgian province of South Ossetia is a classic superpower proxy war, pitting an aggressively US-backed regime, a member of NATO’s regional GUUAM (Georgia, Uzbekistan, Ukraine, Azerbaijan, Moldava) military alliance, against Russia. It is being waged over control of the Caspian Sea, the region in which the third largest oil reserves can be found. The control over this region holds one of the most important keys to world power.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 14-8-2008 by downtown436]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Who knew what, and when? Who is in control? Who benefits? What horrific nuclear war scenarios are getting operational green lights?

"If Bush/Cheney’s false flag event on 9/11, six horrific years of open criminality, its conquest and occupation of Afghanistan and Iraq, and the “war on terrorism,” have not already made painfully clear, this moment in history should serve as a wake-up call.

There has never been a more critical time to look past the billowing propaganda smoke.
This really is it. "

Read the whole article, this guy really knows what he is talking about.
This is some serious stuff going on right now in front of our eyes. It is time to be vigilant and really pay attention, our fate is being determined right at this very moment in time.

onlinejournal.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
That IS a pretty good article about US appetite for oil versus Russia and China and the chronology is interesting as well. I had to search for a map to put this all in perspective. I am not comfortable.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
This is an even better explanation of what is going on but it doesn't mention the possibility that this is a ploy to detract attention away from interest in the pipeline route through Iran. Sorry if this is considered as a one liner.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by stikkinikki

In mid-July, Georgian and U.S. troops held a joint military exercise entitled "Immediate Response" involving respectively 1,200 US and 800 Georgian troops.

US and Georgian troops were to "train for three weeks at the Vaziani military base" near the Georgian capital, Tbilisi. (AP, July 15, 2008). These exercises, which were completed barely a week before the August 7 attacks, were an obvious dress rehearsal of a military operation, which, in all likelihood, had been planned in close cooperation with the Pentagon.

Russian forces are now directly fighting a NATO-US trained Georgian army integrated by US and Israeli advisers. And Russian warplanes have attacked the military jet factory on the outskirts of Tbilisi, which produces the upgraded Su-25 fighter jet, with technical support from Israel.

The timing of this attack, during the Olympics, speaks volumes.
It was meant to go un-noticed to a point where people thought this was a minor skirmish, and that being so minor what ever 9-5 outlets said, was probably true.
After all, this wasn’t America attacking anyone, and it wasn’t a heightened conflict.

But when you look at the specifics, the details the media doesn’t point out, this is actually a very significant confrontation.

A Israeli/American trained and supplied Georgia, attacking a Russia state.
Correct me if im wrong, but isn’t this the first time Anglo states have actively marched on a Russian province?

so brazenly?

My only question is, what’s Russia going to do now?... to them, its fairly obvious this was a Washington made play, we never wanted to take south osetta, we just wanted to cause trouble and make Russia respond.

Its not unknown to Russia, Americas major problems in Iraq, with Iran and in the economy.. so what sensitive spot are they going squeeze in retaliation?

Has our plans for Iran been dealt a blow?.. because clearly, Russia have more reason to back Iran, being the US just stabbed Russia in the back,
Or
Have the plans for Iran just been accelerated by this little skirmish, was it our plan the whole time to kick off 2 or 3 proxy fights with Russia to sidetrack them from opening up a front in Iran?

This can swing either way, and I think its very planned out exactly what’s happening now..

And that’s the really scary part!

[edit on 14-8-2008 by Agit8dChop]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I don't know if it's because of the time of day that it is or whether there are lots of threads on this topic but this is the most informative one so far. Is your source good? Dialup is hell but I'm going to look because this in my opinion is as important as the Cuban missile crisis.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
guess what , news over here say that poland just accepted US missile shield program ,

dont seppose this has anything to do with russia invading georgia since theyve openly stated that poland is next if they feel like it,

anyways back to point , us has been trying to sell their anti missile shield or what every it is to both georgia and poland , georgia didnt buy and this kalabaloo started and poland bought ,

id say thats hardcore buissnes tactics for blood money ,
id even call it extortion

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   

During the briefing, Saakashvili noted that he is in constant contact with U.S. Vice President Dick Cheney and Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice. He promised that U.S. warships would be docking in Georgian ports within a few days to make sure they remain open.

If Georgia falls, all of the energy supply routes will be blocked," he said.

Yakobashvili credited Israeli defense companies with "enabling us to train our army and giving us the possibility to withstand the Russians

Israel did it at the Russians' behest. It aided the terrorists, the Russians. It's a disgrace

Now thats some VERY interesting comments coming from Georgia....
This is clearly, a Israeli/American backed plan...
No wonder George was forced to attend Beijing, Cheney wanted control..

This could really be it!

www.haaretz.com...

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by michial

I think so, I actually just ran across the site for the first time today, they had some other very interesting articles as well.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I dont think its country against country, It hardly ever is, its like your puppeteer politicians, they are all really allies of the NWO playing out a scenario, to get to the ultimate agenda. So all that information e.g for oil etc, is just the same old story, its not really oil its control, russia is just as much a puppet as the US or any other NWO organization.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I wonder if this intrusion by Russia is perhaps supposed to act as a deterrent to the Iran war. Iran has always said that they would block the Strait of Hormuz if a war broke out. If Russia is backing Iran, perhaps they made a deal to both stop exports of energy if Iran is attacked. And the western owned oil pipeline running through Georgia would be a problem to their chokehold on the west, so a takeover would make sense. Maybe way off but I thought it was interesting.

new topics

top topics

join