It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You're All Going To Hell!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
In the western world it is the Catholic version of Hell that dominates our mind.Even other Christians sometimes think this.
I say that coz i'm not Catholic but i see their version of Hell in my mind when someone asks me about it.

Imagine their view was,without a shadow of a doubt,true.

Now its a place that relies on physical pain only,yet i can think of something much worse;mental torture.

My mind is very,very active.I like to feed my brain rather than kill it slowly with such things as certain mind-numbing TV programs.

So this is what i believe would be my Hell.

Spending eternity sitting in a room full of TV screens that endlessly played programs such as,Eastenders(depressing English soap opera) the whole of MTV,Big Brother or any kind of reality show,or even worse,something like the Teletubbies!!

Physical pain would be welcome compared to that

What would your Hell be?

[edit on 14-8-2008 by jakyll]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
You are right somewhat... Hell is what you imagine it would be... Whatever the worst thing you can imagine for yourself will be your torture... As far as what my hell would be like... It would be like going to make love to a girl and having never ending erectile dysfunction... Would be hot to the point of burning my skin while surrounded by ice cubes that I can't get to... Being thirsty and not being able to reach the glass full of ice cold water... Would be Chinese water torture... Would be seeing a loved one die over and over... Things like that and probably all of them I'm sure...

However, I'm a very faithful person... My belief is solid and I know I have a connection to God... I believe in Jesus and that he was the final sacrifice... He died for our sins and rose from the dead... I believe this with no doubt in my mind whatsoever... So I have no intentions on visiting hell, so good luck to all who end up there... Which btw, you were right, most people will be bound to the system and most people will be bound to hell... God says but only a hand full will be left, as many as a small child can count... The rest are doomed more or less... God also says those part of the system will pray for death yet death will run from them... True Christians and followers of God are promised death without pain... If they die, which most will...

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Since Hell is purely mythical, I'm not that afraid of it. It's kind of like Christmas. Good? Get presents/Go to Heaven. Bad? Get coal/Go to Hell.

Kinda like that really.

My hell is not mythical nor religious/spiritual. It's what we live in, here on Earth.

Hell is something that someone goes through, meaning a difficult time. Aka, Iraq. For a lot of people, Hell has hit Iraq and the gates of bloodshed and fire has plagued the Middle Eastern land.

Hell can be also described on 9/11 for those involved with the attacks or ones who lost loved ones that horrible day.

Hell isn't something you enter when you depart from this planet, it's something you experience while living.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
My hell would be not seeing someone I recognized. Or having to make a choice between moving forward and losing all my past memories or waiting for others in some dejected area with weirdo spirits. I don't do weirdo spirits.

Oh yeah - I've read many near death experiences, where, when you get there people on the other side want to touch you because by doing so, they can experience everything your whole life entailed. They can keep their hands to themselves - I don't want touched.Lol

I definately don't want some of those gnostic texts to be true - where angels try and detain you and you have to know what to say to get past what they call 'the toll collectors.' It's real creepy stuff and I don't do creepy well either.Lol

I'm just gonna work real hard to get to the light and then be brave enough to walk into it.

[edit on 15-8-2008 by Myrtales Instinct]

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by jakyll

my idea of hell?

just as it is in the Bible, to be apart from God forever

david

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 02:11 AM
link   
interesting hypothetical.

umm im not sure i would want to tell anyone what my hell would be like. i definitely see what you saying about mental torture though, i can see it being worse than physical.

this brings to mind this artist who did paintings of hell, he depicted bodies that would deform as this blackorb moved through your body. very haunting imagery.

i tried to find him on google but couldnt (if anyone knows which artist im talking about please let me know)

i found this instead which i found sadly hysterical

dee72576.tripod.com...

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
ElectricUncleSam.

It would be like going to make love to a girl and having never ending erectile dysfunction...

That sounds like Hell alright.

GorehoundLarry.

Since Hell is purely mythical,I'm not that afraid of it.

I did say imagine.

Myrtales Instinct.

Oh yeah - I've read many near death experiences, where, when you get there people on the other side want to touch you because by doing so, they can experience everything your whole life entailed. They can keep their hands to themselves - I don't want touched.Lol

Never heard of that before.Sounds creepy.

drevill.

just as it is in the Bible, to be apart from God forever

I knew someone would come out with this.Congratulations

miriam0566.

i found this instead which i found sadly hysterical

A million dollars for that!
Not a chance.

It kinda looks like the last Halloween party i went to.

Hieronymus Bosch did some interesting paintings of Heaven and Hell.
www.ibiblio.org...

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by jakyll

What would your Hell be?

Hmmm: Besides feeling sorry for pitiful people and everything else that doesn't go my way, I'd say having cramps. That or having full knowledge of 'Hell'.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a predictable Christian

nooooo!

ok

apart from that my idea of hell?

stuck in my early years in time loop would be a mare

currys being outlawed!

david

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Ok, suspending my beliefs for the minute,

If there is a hell, it would be something far beyond what we could comprehend as humans. The overly simplistic views of us having human bodies/feelings when we're dead works no better for hell than heaven.

Letting my imagination go, it would be the most extreme torture of both your mind and 'body'. The most excruciating pain, of all types, simultaneously. Burning/cutting/blunt force trauma. Smells and tastes worse than you could imagine. Sounds of the most horrendous, at the most extreme volumes. Constant visions of the most disturbing scenes. All coupled with the knowledge you'll never go insane, and will always know exactly what is happening.

Sweet dreams

top topics

join