It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Phelps is cheating.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by elevatedone

BTW he is double joined, I wonder if that helps with the swim also

There was short info bit on tv about his physical body as it relates to swimming. There are many advantages built into his body and that was one of them. It help with his kicks. Basically he is built to be a powerful swimmer. Guess he picked the correct sport.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
Please provide PROOF that MP has broken US Olympic rules, then come back and talk about whether or not he is "cheating"

Good point. I'm sure whatever he is listening to is indeed giving him a mental advantage. It may even be Bruce Springsteen, "Born in the USA", and revvs him right up.

But if it's not against the rules, it's not cheating. It's good thinking.

He's just using an idea to improve his performance that no one probably has thought of yet.

[edit on 15/8/08 by NuclearPaul]

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
The second most golds won was by Raymond Ewry of the US in the early 1900s with 10. I contest that he received magic junk mail spam-ridden "pump u up" mind-bending frequencies via TELEGRAPH!!! And Mark Spitz in the 1970s received secret mind-controlling atheletic awesomeness via PAY PHONE!!! Sweet Moses, everything is a conspiracy! Give Phelps credit for his hard work and sheer talent and love of good music. America is the place with the most drive for the success due to the great qualities of so many of its citizens. Go America!!
The real conspirators are the Chinese, sneaking in underage gymnasts. Sneeekee.

[edit on 15-8-2008 by newagent89]

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
The truth is that he Dad was the guy from Water world and his mom is a dolphin.

Either way the guy is a very gifted athlete!

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I think this thread is cheating.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by NightVision

Quickly, let us check it for steriods, pills, and telepathic waves. I may sound kidding, but I think that the topics of this thread is going a bit far. Speculation is fun, conspiracy is an interesting thing to discuss, but this is a bit outlandish. If this were true, we'll employ the slippery slope fallacy. After prototyping this "Revolutionary new athletic technology (Buy in the next ten minutes and get a second pack absolutely FREE!) on Phelps, the evil shadow government infuses the power into their military to create super soldiers, the super soldier then are commanded to round up all civilians, who are powerless to resist "PHELPS BRAND!" athletically-enhanced warriors. Then the antichrist comes, the Illuminati Bilderburg Jewish Zionists from the center of the earth rule finally after plotting an easy take over for centuries. Oh the conspiracy of it all gives me tingles.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Of course he´s cheating, but he uses IGF-1, IGF-2 (Insulin-like-Growth Factor), Epo and ATP (Adenosintriphosphat) like all other top-athletes.

[edit on 15-8-2008 by Chris_2008]

[edit on 15-8-2008 by Chris_2008]

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

Yes that is very interesting I guess he truly move like a fish and his ability to stay under water before getting air is amazing.

Also today for the first time he was asked about steroids use he told the press that they can think and question anything they wanted, he gets drug test after every swim.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I think I figured it out:

Okay, Mark Phelps is actually a member of the Illuminati/New World Order/Bilderberg Elite. He was raised with superior genetic technologies to give him an edge on his opponents in the Olympics. The plan was to wait until the Olympics were held in Beijing so that Mark Phelps could win all the Gold in a false flag attack against China to win all of their natural resources, thereby strengthening and expanding the NWO's grip on the world.

[edit on 15-8-2008 by NightVision]

[edit on 15-8-2008 by NightVision]

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by NightVision

Nailed it.

Back on topic now:
If using an iPod is cheating, then I guess pep talks and confidence are too.
They 'pump you up' too.
I guess we need to find the least confident, deaf and trainerless people and make them swim.

And come on, Phelps has a 6 foot 7 wingspan.
His feet bend more than normal, he has dinner plate sized hands and he trains 24/7.

He's really just that good.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by hinky

12,000 calories a day ? He has got to be joking. That would cause cramps. He would be eating so often he would not have time for training.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Did you notice that Michael Phelps wears earphones and is listening music just before his every Olympic start, at Beijing's Olympiad Water Cube pool deck, be it finals or semifinals? I first noticed that before his first gold swim on August 10: Phelps removed earphones 2 minutes before the start, and he was the only swimmer who worn earphones at the pool deck.

Actually I've seen several other swimmers come out wearing headphones. MP is far from the only one

And you know what else? It is known that sounds at certain frequencies can produce effects on the body and brain. This principle is demonstrated in the program idoser.

On their website, they sell a number of products, known as "doses", one of which is:

Crack
$3.75
Crack / Recreational (Very Strong) / 30 Minutes / It’s a purified form of coc aine. Are you ready for the next level? The effects are produced in minutes, are intensely euphoric, and last between 20 and 30 minutes upon completion of the dose. The intense, short high is followed by a rapid and intense high that lasts about 5 to 7 minutes. There will first be euphoria with delusions and possible hallucinations. Get through the bump, though, and fall into bliss, with some jarring revelations, and a sometimes harsh comedown over the 30 minutes past mark. Not for the inexperienced.

Victory
$3.50
Victory / Steroid (VERY STRONG) / 30 Minutes / Our JuiceIT dose will get your body ready, now get your mind ready! Our victory dose was designed to work with JuiceIT to put your mind in a state like you've "already won." It gives you a huge mental advantage in any game of sports, but don't think it's just for sports: great for workouts, public speaking, or anything where you need to "win" in any sense of the word! Guarentee a victory by putting your mind in a state where it already feels like you've won! Victorious!

i-doser.com...

That iDoser is all crap. I've downloaded most from Limewire, and all they gave me were headaches.

ipod and idoser share the letters I O and D. What letter is missing? P, for Phelps. Phelps listens to his ipod before every race. Coincidence?

You must be joking... no one can be that stupid...

reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

That was friggin hilarious, I wish I could give you two stars

This thread is totally ridiculous
Although it did provide some comic relief.

The OP is just mad because China couldn't keep their cheating from being too obvious.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Who can afford an IPOD in this day and age?

As for the crack theory, I have seen kids steal the wheels off a car and run 100 mtrs carrying them in under 10 secs. So it dont impare your speed!!

MP is the ultimate athelete and will proove that over the next few days.......

Roll-on LONDON 2012.......... Now that is a cheat!!!

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by eradown
reply to post by hinky

12,000 calories a day ? He has got to be joking. That would cause cramps. He would be eating so often he would not have time for training.

No it wouldn't.
Most athletes eat a pretty high amount of cals.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I think that he's been genetically altered to have those size 14 flippers that he calls feet.

Seriously, he gets tested more than he needs to. He just has the right body and the right work ethic to win swimming events.

I did get a laugh out of your post.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
One reason people are breaking so many swimming records this Olympic games is because of Speedo's new LZR swimsuit.

"Body scans of 400 athletes were done to get an idea on the optimum size, shape and contours of the human body. At the crucial areas of the body, polyurethane membranes have been placed instead of woven fabric. This has resulted in one piece swimsuits with lower drag. Stitching has been totally eliminated. Ultrasonic welding has reduced the drag further. Additional support in the form of a core stabilizer provides support to the swimmer. NASA was associated with the development of LZR; NASA’s wind tunnels were use to test the drag on various fabrics. Impressive!"

Even one of the Olympic commentators said that the new swimsuits swimmers were wearing squeezed the swimmer's bodies in such a way that it *drastically* reduced stress on the body and muscle fatigue.

I believe most of the swimmers were using these suits, and although Michael Phelps won gold, he wasnt the only one to break the old world records, he just combined the best technology with an insane training regimen and talent.

According to USA Swimming, an astonishing 40 world records have fallen this year, and of those, 36 were broken by athletes in the LZR.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I understand that he is built for speed....But Damn the other guys are too??

Why are they making up so many excuses for him as to why he is faster
That in itself should throw up a huge red flag...

He is making other professionally trained Olympians look like they plaed Halo for the last 12 months

Sothing is not right and that is for sure!

Ask yourself this......Where is the race?
Why was the only race we encountered was on the 400 relay, anything that he enters into himself he is way out front....

They also made it look iffy when they stated that he doesn't fatigue as fast as any other Athlete?? WTF!! And this is a quote

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   
It astounds me how some peoples heads are wired and thought process works. No wonder we are in such trouble around the world. So many seem to have lost the ability to take joy in others brilliance and talent. What has happened to those who need to tear down those who are on the top of their game, their life, their goals and dreams. Some of these postings remind me why crabs never get out of the bucket and you do not have to keep a cover on them once you throw them in the 'tank'...as one stands on another to get out...another comes along and claws it and pulls it down to the bottom. Consequently they imprison each other when there is no real barrier and with some mutual respect and admiration they would all be able to climb out with some cooperation. Misery and Jealousy are such negative emotions to inflict on the world...keep it to yourself, please. try JOY, dude!

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by italkyoulisten

I highly doubt any drug, especially these.
The first one..crack..?
Everything it says proves that it's irrelevant.

"The effects are produced in minutes, are intensely euphoric, and last between 20 and 30 minutes upon completion of the dose."
- This means he would have to take it shortly before the race, so that it lasts throughout it..well..what about when he has one race right after the other? One just the other night was only 45 minutes in between. And euphoria..meaning immense pleasure. Have you ever seen him look happy before a race? No, he's totally in the zone.

"The intense, short high is followed by a rapid and intense high that lasts about 5 to 7 minutes. There will first be euphoria with delusions and possible hallucinations."
- Delusions and hallucinations? How could he possible swim in a straight line.. unless he's imagining himself in the same place he is already at? Some delusion.

"Get through the bump, though, and fall into bliss, with some jarring revelations, and a sometimes harsh comedown over the 30 minutes past mark."
- Again, how can you expect him to WIN his next race after 'a harsh comedown over the 30 minutes past mark.'

as for the victory one..haha yeah, right.

"Our victory dose was designed to work with JuiceIT to put your mind in a state like you've "already won." "
- Any one who has watched Michael Phelps knows he is one of the most humble athletes out there. If he felt like he has 'already won' he wouldn't be half as modest as he is.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join