It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Phelps is cheating.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
In response to the China is cheating thread:

Oh yeah? Well Michael Phelps cheats. you can't possibly be in that many events one after another and win.

Have you ever noticed that he listens to his ipod before every race?

Did you notice that Michael Phelps wears earphones and is listening music just before his every Olympic start, at Beijing's Olympiad Water Cube pool deck, be it finals or semifinals? I first noticed that before his first gold swim on August 10: Phelps removed earphones 2 minutes before the start, and he was the only swimmer who worn earphones at the pool deck.

newsbusters.org...

And you know what else? It is known that sounds at certain frequencies can produce effects on the body and brain. This principle is demonstrated in the program idoser.

On their website, they sell a number of products, known as "doses", one of which is:

Crack
$3.75
Crack / Recreational (Very Strong) / 30 Minutes / It’s a purified form of coc aine. Are you ready for the next level? The effects are produced in minutes, are intensely euphoric, and last between 20 and 30 minutes upon completion of the dose. The intense, short high is followed by a rapid and intense high that lasts about 5 to 7 minutes. There will first be euphoria with delusions and possible hallucinations. Get through the bump, though, and fall into bliss, with some jarring revelations, and a sometimes harsh comedown over the 30 minutes past mark. Not for the inexperienced.

Victory
$3.50
Victory / Steroid (VERY STRONG) / 30 Minutes / Our JuiceIT dose will get your body ready, now get your mind ready! Our victory dose was designed to work with JuiceIT to put your mind in a state like you've "already won." It gives you a huge mental advantage in any game of sports, but don't think it's just for sports: great for workouts, public speaking, or anything where you need to "win" in any sense of the word! Guarentee a victory by putting your mind in a state where it already feels like you've won! Victorious!

i-doser.com...

ipod and idoser share the letters I O and D. What letter is missing? P, for Phelps. Phelps listens to his ipod before every race. Coincidence?

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I truly hope you are playing around.

but I have to ask, how is harnassing sounds cheating?

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   

enough said

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by italkyoulisten
Well Michael Phelps cheats.

Are there regulations against listening to headphones at the Olympics?

Do you realize that he gets drug tested before and after each race?

Do you have any proof that he has these "doses" on his Ipod?

Are there Olympic regulations against listening to certain frequencies before races?

By Olympic regulations, how is he "cheating"?

Please answer these questions before making such accusations.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I don't know how an i-pod could make you swim fast, But i do know size 14 feet definitely will

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ken10
I don't know how an i-pod could make you swim fast, But i do know size 14 feet definitely will

That must be what the OP meant. He surgically enhanced his feet to swim faster. The ipod thing must have been a misnomer.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   

So you just felt compelled to defend Communist China, by attacking a successful American athlete?

Why?

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
No, it possibly coudnt be that he eats 12,000 CALORIES A DAY and practices 5hrs a day and is built like a giant dolphin. Nope, that couldnt be the reason he is an incredible athlete.

Talk about grasping at straws.

Please provide PROOF that MP has broken US Olympic rules, then come back and talk about whether or not he is "cheating"

[edit on 8/14/2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ken10

As you can see with idoser products such as crack and victory, it will stimulate you and give you great amounts of energy.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   

reply to post by ken10

As you can see with idoser products such as crack and victory, it will stimulate you and give you great amounts of energy.

Ah ha! Well if that is the case then maybe all those other countries should invest in some IPODS and ITUNES, er Idoser products.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative

So you just felt compelled to defend Communist China, by attacking a successful American athlete?

Why?

because the thread against china is ridiculous.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Michael Phelps is making history because he is gifted, one of a kind and baby he got another Olympics to keep building his stach of gold medals.

Go Michael, Go Michael!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
are you aware that to be a champion swimmer you need to have your body move in precise coordination? you did?!? Good!!!

Because you probably aren't aware that "rock" coc aine AKA crack slows down your reaction time and actual makes you less coordinated. no way crack is going to make him swim faster or better if any thing it would make him have an off day where he couldn't coordinate his body properly enough to swim with the great efficiency he does.

He's got all torso, no legs (which means less drag) huge feet that act like flippers, and a long neck on a aqua dynamically smooth shaped head. he's built to be the perfect swimmer. don't hate.

Also, he's known to have been a hyperactive kid and they put him into swimming because he had so much energy. Smart decision i'd say.

He listens to whatever he is listening to before he goes swimming to no doubt calm him and keep him composed and focused ready to give it his all in the next but.

He's humble, seems like an OK kid minus his driving record, and he deserves all the success he's having. so stop being jealous and admire him for the athlete and undisputed champion he is. what's wrong with someone coming around from time to time and being the best in the history of man at what they do. there was tiger woods, there was michael jordan, now there's michael phelps.

I detect a hater on the board and it's the OP.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Seems pretty cut and dry to me. No conspiracy at all.

www.baltimoresun.com...

Michael Phelps: I usually try to eat lot of calories. With so many events it is important to sustain a high level of energy through the entire meet. I usually eat two hours before a meet.

Michael Phelps:I listen to music before my competitions to get me pumped up. It helps me stay focused.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
whooops DP

[edit on 8/14/2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   

reply to post by ken10

I couldn't care less about what they are called, it's a part of marketing. I would be interested if you could explain how it gives you "great amounts of energy". Stimulants' method of action are known, anything that can be transmitted through sound ways will not be banned from the Olympics anytime soon.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
also Phelps is a more mature swimmer than a lot of the other swimmers. Notice how well he paces himself during he swims. he isn't blasting ahead the entire time he's conserving and pacing himself. he always pulls ahead at the end because he also, besides being gifted athletically, has an excellent strategy. Even though he should have a huge ego he seems to not have any ego at all. which I think is a good virtue.

I am overjoyed to watch the guys success, no gloating, no attitude just talent and an old fashioned sense of good sportsmanship and goodwill towards his other competitors.

So why the anger towards him?

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
even being a 50-year-old phart, I recognize the mindset modification of music. Even when I was younger, and ran 10Ks and marathons, I would train with music, and "listen" to those same tunes in my head while in the event. It's a form of meditation, and there's not a single thing wrong with it. It certainly doesn't fall outside any of any of the Olympic rules/regulations.

What if, instead, he sat crosslegged at the side of the pool and chanted an mantra prior to racing? Would you consider that cheating? I mean..... it's not like he lied about his age or anything.

I think you bring up a good point OP, in that recognition of the potential of sound to stimulate the mind to make the body operate at peak efficiency.

He is an amazing competitor, and IMO has earned everything he has won. As it sits at this moment, (I think) he has still yet to match the overall metalage of Mark Spitz. Every now and then, through natural ability, dedication, discipline and pure heart, a champion comes along. Sometimes they are athletes, other times musicians, physicists, artists, leaders, prophets. They are part of our inspiration.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   

reply to post by ken10

I ask again, how is this cheating?

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Perhaps because Mr Phelps is just really good at what he was trained to do. It happens and it just so happens that he is. Someday there will be someone else who will do better but today its Mr Phelps.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join