It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tropic Thunder (2008)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Tropic Thunder (2008)

Through a series of freak occurrences, a group of actors shooting a big-budget war movie are forced to become the soldiers they are portraying.

I am looking forward to seeing this movie, here is Australia we have to wait a little longer for it so i hoping to get some member opinions on it here.

Ben Stiller, Robert Downey Jr. and Jack Black is a very interesting cast and i see alot of laughs happening in this movie. There is also come controversy over Robert Downey Jr. character who is an Australian actor who underwent surgery to become black.

[edit on 14/8/2008 by SilentShadow]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by SilentShadow

Here in the U.S. the controversy is that the word "retard"s used several times in a dialogue between Downeys' character and Stillers'.
The usual pinheads that.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Saw this one tonight. It was so hilarious. So raw, raunchy and just plain rad.

Go see it, just leave the kids at home.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Just came to post some quick thoughts.

My fiancee and I really liked this movie. It was a brilliant spoof of every war and action movie EVER made, however, it was done very cleverly. Stiller, Downey Jr. and Black are brilliant especially Downey who plays a black guy and does it in a very funny way.

Tom Cruise has a hilarious minor role in this film which is almost worth seeing the movie just for that.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 05:53 AM
link   
I'll be going to see this tomorrow. I'll add my review after.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
This is a home run film for all three actors. Tom Cruise stole the show. It had every thing that every bad war movie has. "I'm just a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude. " classic.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I agree, and I haven't heard anyone I know say a single bad thing about the movie. Genius. This is Jack Black's best performance since School of Rock...Robert Downey Jr. plays an amazingly hilarious role(s), Ben Stiller even does a great job, and of course, Tom Cruise sneaks in with the classic fat costume on and shows he can even do comedy. I recommend this to anyone who doesn't mind somewhat childish, yet very cleverly scripted movies.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Just got back from seeing the afternoon show.
To start let me say..
IAM NOT a fan of Ben Stiller or Jack Black. I went to this movie for Robert Downey Jr.
I must say this, if you are opposed to gore and foul language, don't go see this.
Robert Downey WAS AWESOME. A few appearances by other celebrities was cool. The dialogue was AMAZING.
Ok so credit where credit is due..Ben Stiller, writer, producer, and director..you finally made a movie I liked. KUDOS!
Now for anyone who saw this movie, and the role played by Tom Cruise, here ya go..
I almost fell out of my seat!!!!

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Seems to be alot of Kudos for Tom Cruise on this film. It's almost as if Hollywood has suddenly forgiven him and his career may be able to continue blossoming. I would be VERY interested in seeing him in some more comedic roles.

He was just too funny in this movie.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I really enjoyed this movie. Robert Downey Jr. nailed this one. I'm not a Cruise fan, but if he gets more roles like this I might be.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

Thanks to you i tossed my cookies
.I pushed play thinking it was a clip from the movie and to my surprise crack coc aine music came out of the speakers.I hope you realise that song makes baby jesus cry.

Anyway back on topic.I never even heard of that movie until yesterday when i read a lil blurb about it somewhere.So no doubt in the next ew days ill go see it.

Now im off to scrub my body with meths and a wire brush that music violated me.Thnx again AD :bash:

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Azador
reply to post by AccessDenied

Thanks to you i tossed my cookies
.I pushed play thinking it was a clip from the movie and to my surprise crack coc aine music came out of the speakers.I hope you realise that song makes baby jesus cry.

Anyway back on topic.I never even heard of that movie until yesterday when i read a lil blurb about it somewhere.So no doubt in the next ew days ill go see it.

Now im off to scrub my body with meths and a wire brush that music violated me.Thnx again AD :bash:

So if I tell you I work out to that song will you need another shower?

Ok then..here's the movie clip, with Tom Cruise...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I don’t think there’s an unlovable cast member in this flick, can’t wait to see it. I’ve always thought Tom Cruise was a first-class actor in the genres he’s played, it’s no stretch to imagine he might also be very funny. And the retard controversy - I’ve heard retards calling each other retards?

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Send me some video evidence of yourself working out to that song and i will decide what kind of shower to take

And thanks for that little clip of Tom bopping it gave me a chuckle.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Azador

Send me some video evidence of yourself working out to that song and i will decide what kind of shower to take

Sorry buddy, I don't own a video camera.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
i heard they were trying to ban this movie because it was condescending towards other "special" people? did that movie The Ringer get any heat from the same group of people?? i don't remember hearing anything...

great post!

TARD & FAGGED!

[edit on 4-9-2008 by adrenochrome]

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
you never go full retard man...bwuahahahahah

i jusat saw this yesterday and must say i think it is very funny. downey jr steals the movie. loved all the little cliche's of the film.

muh,muh,my name is simple jack...bwuahahahah

new topics

top topics

join