It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Jesus Paradox

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Maybe this should be in the skunk works section.

The Jesus Paradox, as I define it, conjures naivety in human beings. The main religion that preaches that Jesus' is our Lord and Savior also has a commandment that states one shouldn't praise false idols. This same religion also states that Jesus was the SON of God, not God himself. Thus the paradox:
A whole bunch of people praying and praising someone who wasn't necessarily a false idol, but someone who isn't the true deity.

I'm sure Jesus was a spiritual fellow, maybe even messianic, maybe even a pawn of alien beings. Whatever the case, I think people should terminate the acquisition of people into the Love Jesus Cult.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I haven't come to a conclusion on my beliefs as of yet, but I can tell you what I learned as a child in church.

Christians do not worship Jesus, they worship only God, as is commanded. Jesus is the savior and as such is deserving of our love and great thanks, but God is our creator. Prayers are not given to Jesus, but are given to God in Jesus' name.

As i stated, I'm not sure what I believe, but this could be the explination to your paradox.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
It depends on what Christian you ask. Some will say he is the son of god, and some will say he is god incarnate. I believe the bible refers to both interpretations. I could be wrong though.

And what of the Christians that have crucifixes or Virgin Mary pictures in the home such as Catholics, or many Mormons I know have the pictures of Jesus and or Joseph Smith in their home, are these not idols?

Basically it's all up to the interpretor and can not be relied upon. Also the lingo is deceiving, when I want to amuse myself I will watch the evangelical channels and they will say "give worship to the lord", now in most of my experience Jesus is referred to as "lord" and god as god. So it never does any good to try and dissect Christian worship ideals, because they a;ll have their own interpretations.

My 2 cents anyway.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I have a little shrine type of area in my house.
I have a glazed ceramic bust of Jesus and a small picture of Jesus and a wood crucifix with a metal corpus of Christ on it.
These are things people have given me and I display them in a respectful manner.
I do not worship them or pray to them.
I think what I did is not as wrong as throwing them into a box, or something.

[edit on 15-8-2008 by jmdewey60]

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I keep telling people on as that jesus is very real and is watching very carefully, he is the last person you would even suspect. Don't prosume that what you may read in the bible is truth, because jesus is an ordenary man, he isnt what you expect, he can easily be on ats without you even knowing.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Im not a christian but it does worry me that whilst clearly christians arent meant to worship jesus, many clearly do, they direct prayers to jesus, when they should be directing them towards god, and it is the image of the crusified christ that they hold in their mine when thinking of their faith.

Very dangerous spiritual pitfalls in my opinion.

new topics

top topics

join