It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best footage ever of Ghosts on the Queen Mary

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I just saw this on youtube and I think its new so I had to share. What do you guys think is this fake? This is the best evidence of ghosts I’ve seen so far. It looks to me that they are sailors from around 1900s dressed in white with caps on. Soo creepy.
Queen Mary Ghosts on Youtube

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
It's very interesting.

There is a lot of activity in this video. Could be faked, could be real.

I grew up in a haunted house and the shadows aren't that consistent and the ghost isn't that active usually. it looked like there was a shadow man waking around the same corridor area and a vaporous semi complete apparition going up the stairs.

Could be a hologram on a loop during halloween week over at the queen mary. could be real. the shadow like thing moving around in the foreground looks like it would be difficult but possible to fake.

either way an interesting video.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
now that I look at the video again the shadows I was talking about in the foreground could be artifacts of the camera and pixelation, but they are worth looking into.

As for the white apparitions. they look a little too fake. If it's too good to be true it probably is.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
It does look interesting but from the link on youtube the uploader says he just placed the camera there and went for a smoke?

Isn't Queen Mary a tourist attraction now? Wouldn't you think there would be more people wandering around?

Not saying it isn't true but a better explanation as to why the camera was just sitting there would be nice. (So, he leaves the camera there goes for a smoke and doesn't care if the camera gets stolen?)

I am not an expert in Ghosts but, do they create a reflection of themselves in walls? Take a look at the first dude that comes out of a room on the right hand side...at about, 16 seconds...see the reflection of the 'ghost' on the left wall?
Is this normal for a ghost? Don't you have to have some type of mass in order for the object to be reflected? Can you reflect transparency?

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
no it's not normal for ghosts to have reflections, seems like this vids a hoax. Like I said a hologram maybe from halloween week at the queen mary, part of the ghost tour?

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
no it's not normal for ghosts to have reflections, seems like this vids a hoax. Like I said a hologram maybe from halloween week at the queen mary, part of the ghost tour?

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I did a quick search for the Queen Mary’s Terrorfest and didn’t find anything like this, can someone post up a link of what a hologram would look like? I was wondering if there is glass in front of the camera that is reflecting people who are walking behind it? I don’t see any evidence of that though.
Terrorfest

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I grew up in Long Beach I remember when the Queen Mary first came,knew a lot of people who worked on it when it was being prepared as a tourist attraction,lot's of people quit because of goings on there,I went on it before renovations,I never saw nor felt anything

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
didn't taps(ghost hunters) do a show there and find people on the ship planting fake evidence making the place look haunted? seems they got pretty mad also unless it was another ship.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I just wrote to the photographer on his youtube. Here is his reply.

hi I just saw your thread! that's cool! I was surprised to see so many responses. I wish the video was longer but the batteries died. I had just charged it too. I had some friends in town and we went to the bar there right down the hall in the video. The wierd thing is I was standing right there looking out on the harbor. I didn't hear anything strange or feel anything weird. But then I did have a few drinks in me.
When we got home I thought there was something wrong with the camera because it shouldn't have died on me. So I plugged it in and saw this video. crazy eh?

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
This one, while granted it could be real but we will never know for sure because we would have needed to be there for the event, because it can be easily faked. As noted above this effect is very easy to recreate by putting a peice of glass in front of the camera. And also as noted above The Queen Mary was covered in an episode of ghost hunters. In it they get footage that would be amazing if it were real but on closer inspection they see the camera was tampered with and it looks like the hoaxing had to be done by the people who worked at the queen mary trying to build in the mystery to drum up business or whatever. I have watched that episode, well a lot of times, and I am someone how reads people very well and I personally believe that little host girl was one of the poeple involed. To all who have seen it I am sure you probably know what I am talking about. But then again what do I know.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by 1Veritas

Humm, you might be on to something. I went and checked out that episode you were talking about.

Ghost Hunters

I think it probably was the staff of the Queen Mary that did that stunt, only they would know about the secret door and they are probably quite familiar with how to pull off such a camera trick.

I have looked at a lot of youtube channels and I feel that the poster of my first video is honest, he has a legitimate channel, he was the actual person who shot the video and he doesn’t have a bunch of similar “ghost” clips on there. If he knew how to do such a stunt he would have done it several times.

My guess is that he stepped away from his camera and someone on the staff pulled a prank on him.

Here’s another youtube of Queen Mary staff people setting someone up.

Haunting?

Case solved, or is it?
I would still like to see an example of how this might have been done to know for sure.
Considering all the other “ghosts” I have looked at on youtube this is still one of my favorites.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I recently saw that effect recreated on something I was watching on tv. I'll try to remember what it is and find it. If I remember correctly I plane of glass needs to be in front of the camera at I believe a 45 degree angle. Then if light is shined on a moving object it reflects ghostlike in the glass. I believe it is how they think the apparition images my have been faked, if they were, in the ghost adventurers special, where the two guys investigate areas in Goldfield Nevada. Heres a link I found that sort of shows what I am talking about. If you stop at 2.25ish on the video you will see the same affect but it is highly distorted thanks to youtube. Link

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I spent a night on that ship. Walked around at night, didnt see or hear anything that might have been a ghost. I think people wish too hard to experience something.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by TheEnlightenedOne

Exactly. Doesn't California have strict public smoking laws?

On ghost hunters they film for hours and hours with tons of equipment and just get a tiny bit of stuff.

This guy puts his camera down for a minute and gets ghost after ghost walking by within a minute.
Something is fishy.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I just discovered this video today from a link to a blog.

I agree that the bit about going out for a smoke and leaving the camera recording is a bit .. well .. fishy .. but I still think it's a great video.

I don't suppose there will be any way to tell for sure if it's "real" unless someone admits to the hoax, but I still like it.

Thanks for posting it and I'm sorry I didn't notice it before or I would have commented sooner.

And .. if it's NOT a hoax.. all I can say is .. WOW!!!

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I was on a business trip many years ago and spent the weekend on the Queen Mary.

I knew nothing about the ship or the haunting of it until after my trip when I told some coworkers about my experience. That's when I was told that it had a history of ghosts.

After dinner one night I came back to my cabin and all the lights were on. I'm sure I turned them off before leaving that evening. Also when I returned the mirror in the bathroom was smoky. Not mist, but like there was smoke behind it. I couldn't rub it off. It had been perfectly clear earlier.

It has a lot of character and has a creepy feeling. There is something going on on that ship

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Heike

Oh thanks
cause I’m new and this was the first thing I posted. It’s kinda cool how skeptical some people are though. I’m sure this site is good at getting to the bottom of things. But it's kinda fun to leave things open ended too.

[edit on 3-9-2008 by AgentScully]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
The video could be anything. Absolutely anything. Assuming it is ghosts isn't exactly logical, when there are plenty of rational explanations that adequately cover what we can see on the footage.

I love the Queen Mary. I met my folks there for cocktails back in '99. I love how you can't see the end of the long corridors due to the shape of the boat. It does feel creepy, but then any large metal object will have that impression on people, due to the low-frequency sounds (infrasound) that carry very well through the spaces inside. These inaudible frequencies cause feelings of terrific fear and anxiety in many people, which can make them expect to see ghosts, and make them feel the place is haunted. That doesn't sound like much, but if someone is in that state, almost everything out-of-the-ordinary (which when you're on an ex-ocean-liner in Long Beach, being out-of-the-ordinary for most people, is pretty much everything) is attributed to ghosts.

It's a great video, but it's not evidence of anything other than someone made a creepy video on the QM.

Thanks for the vid, though! Keep up the research - deny ignorance

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by AgentScully

Oh, and please don't think I'm dismissing the video out-of-hand. I'm no knee-jerk skeptic. If ghosts could be demonstrated tomorrow, I'd be their loudest supporter. I just need to get some hard evidence first

It is fun to leave things open-ended, and that's exactly what having no evidence is - the phenomenon might be very real, just unproven. It's a win-win situation - we either know for certain, or we have the tantalising possibility of it being real.

top topics

join