It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Picture : Bush drunk at the Olympics !!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
The president does not drink or use drugs.

His behavior might seem odd to some, but it is not unprecedented for presidents to act like normal human beings in public, as they are not royalty.

One would be hard pressed not to find a picture of every president since the times that action photography has been possible enjoying himself in public.

It should also be noted that these stills when they are viewed in video format reveal the presidents true actions, which are not unusual at all.

In almost any situation, a person's movements may be frozen in time in such a way as to catch us with silly expressions or juxtaposed in such a way as to be comical.

In other words, there are a lot of reasons to fault our president or our nation, but these photographs are unworthy of such scrutiny and speculation.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
The President of the United States is attending the Olympics and enjoying his visit. It is a pitiable condition that limits one's ability to appreciate that.

[edit on 2008/8/15 by GradyPhilpott]

I don't think anyone is having an issue appreciating the situation, Grady. The POTUS was very obviously enjoying himself in the photos. The question is whether or not a publically eleceted official should behave that way in public. I don't believe that he should. As POTUS, any time you are in the public's eye (and often when not) you're on the job. But ESPECIALLY when you're in the public eye, as a public official, YOU ARE ON THE JOB. I don't care if you're in Japan, China or the Moon. Any time the public is seeing you, you are setting an example, and a drunk example isn't the one that I, or most Americans, want.

Nothin wrong with dude getting drunk and having a good time. But Hell man, sorry if he has to chill it out a bit while he's POTUS. Sorry man, can't get piss drunk and kick over trash cans in the alley anymore, you got an example to set!

Again, this is all assuming that the pics in fact show an exceedingly drunk Bush.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Getting drunk is ok, being in the public eye shouldnt make a difference its what lots of people do every day of the week
Rep of USA appearing drunk not so good but it shows hes normal

I thought he was sober though in which case I hope the pics are a crock of #

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Bush at the Olympics and acting away like a usual Cheerleader, instead of a dignified President....This guy is a Global Clown.

Sheesh, get over yourself. Even the President is allowed to be silly on occassion. He's HUMAN! And it's his fun-loving personality that got him re-elected so I think most people may not like his policies but don't mind him being fun loving.

Did you have this big of a problem when Billy Boy had to admit he had been doing nasty things with a cigar and Monica in the oval office? Have you been upset and offended during the primaries when the beloved Obama has done obnoxious things such as looking moronic on Ellen when he was dancing with her? Is it Presidential for a hopeful President to be hanging out with people who shout 'G-D America?' How far do you want to go with saying a President should always be dignified? What is your definition of dignified?

C'mon, give the guy, and us, a break. He's had a tough 8 years and you think he's not entitled to clown around?!?!

Jemison

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Jemison

Clowning around is one thing, getting so drunk you can't stand (as the photos imply) is another.

I don't care how much fun the Pres likes to have, more power to him. But I don't wanna see the guy who represents MY ABILITY TO CHOOSE and MY FREEDOM stumbling around in front of billions.

What if good sir Bush was getting high? Would that be cool because "oh so many of us do that, it shows he's normal"? Don't give me "It's illegal". Most of us in the US smoke, or have smoked anyway, and assuming it wasnt illegal, would you want a high president?

I don't want a drunk President because it compromises my trust in his ability to lead.

He should have more respect for us and give us a break, IMHO.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
HAH! This thread is fantastic! I wonder if his secret service cronies draw on his face when he's passed out.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Dubyakadubla

Wow.. a politician who enjoys the same passtime as I do --- getting drunk at a sporting event .. right on!

If he runs again, I just might vote for him again!

Unlike the dyke Clinton "having a beer with real people" .. Bush gets smashed at a sporting event.. hmm .. so the "elite" are Human ..

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
How can a reptilian be a drunk also. Everyone know reptiles dont drink.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Bush isn't a Reptilian, he's a shrub. And besides, you can get Reptilians drunk, just let em use their perty little tongues to lap it up

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Your evidence for him being drunk:

A scrape on his elbow and a strange look.

My, what an intelligent human being you are!

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
If our president is getting drunk in public what does that say about our future.

He pissing everything away because he knows the US is folding.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
i am sooooo laughing at all the idiotic excuses being made for him in this topic.
the man's a recovering alchoholic...and a dry drunk. and remember...he has the football with him at all times. but carry on...

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Jemison

I'm sorry but I just can't "give him a break" because he's had a tough 8 years. Look what he's done to this country! He has caused his own stress and he deserves every bit of it. The U.S. has had a tough 8 years. It's time for him to go away and he can get drunk all he wants for all I care.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
There was also mention on this same site about what some tabloids have been saying. I've noticed these for a couple of years and wondered how they could get away with it..if it wasn't true. I've yet to hear any regular news media ever mention these rumors or any lawsuits against them.

If he's anything like many of the veterans from this war and feeling their pain, it shouldn't be any wonder he's drinking like many of them are alleged to also. Making him a scapegoat for the way things have been, doesn't seem fair either.

If there was something else much Bigger in the works, such as an impending natural disaster he knows about, that would also be a good excuse for someone in his position also.

If we only knew.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Is it proof yet that he doesn't care? Is he just a puppet? Has the president of America been reduced to nothing more than an actor that has bought his way into power?

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Nothing that big

Just pulling the Ronald Reagan

Following the election over some months it will be confirmed that Bush is suffering from sone kind of...Alzheimers or other disorder, some of these antics will be blamed on it...

setting it up now, odd postures, etc, etc...

This way there will no accounting for...actions during the presidency...

Think about it... if you were Bush... Wouldn't you set it up with a good doctor to have it be determined that you had a nerological disorder of some sort so that you never have to awnser any questions?

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Presidents should not be getting drunk.
Proverbs 31:3 Give not thy strength unto women, nor thy ways to that which destroyeth kings.
4 It is not for kings, O Lemuel, it is not for kings to drink wine; nor for princes strong drink:
5 Lest they drink, and forget the law, and pervert the judgment of any of the afflicted.

You have to be in serious denial to not think he is getting loaded.
You never notice his drugged-out speech at press conferences?
If he is not on drugs or booze, he is mentally defective and should be removed from office for incompetency.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
The president does not drink or use drugs.

His behavior might seem odd to some, but it is not unprecedented for presidents to act like normal human beings in public, as they are not royalty.

One would be hard pressed not to find a picture of every president since the times that action photography has been possible enjoying himself in public.

It should also be noted that these stills when they are viewed in video format reveal the presidents true actions, which are not unusual at all.

In almost any situation, a person's movements may be frozen in time in such a way as to catch us with silly expressions or juxtaposed in such a way as to be comical.

In other words, there are a lot of reasons to fault our president or our nation, but these photographs are unworthy of such scrutiny and speculation.

He doesn't do what?

[edit on 15-8-2008 by mopusvindictus]

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Dubyakadubla

Nice pic.
Thank god he wasn't eating pretzels again. Next thing you know Cheney is president.
There is an "interesting" short video about Mr. Bush in my signature, I invite you to watch it.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
lol a ton of Bush drunk vids in the links underneath

and...

I don't think I'd vote for a guy who...was so unworldly as to never have lived enough like the rest of us to have had gotten sh17 faced here or there in his life...

I mean... give me a break, look at the Russians this week... what do you want in office a Boy scout to defend this country?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join