It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Confirmed: This New Drug Really, Seriously Cures Cancer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   

telegraph.co.uk — Cancer patients have been left free of the disease after being treated with a new drug which harnesses the power of their own immune cells. Four of 38 patients treated have seen the disease disappear, while five others saw reductions of 50 per cent in their tumours. The drug works by activating the body’s disease fighting T cells.

www.telegraph.co.uk.../earth/2008/08/14/scicancer114.xml

I wonder when this will be available to the public?????

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Wow. That is really great news! If it works with T cells, does that mean that it could help with AIDS too?

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Link re-post

www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/main.jhtml?xml=/earth/2008/08/14/scicancer114.xml

[edit on 14-8-2008 by infolurker]

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Good. I have been waiting to here news like this.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I'm skeptical. 4 out of 38 isn't much. Plus, a reduction in tumor size is great, but the tumor is not the cancer. Cancer isn't a thing, it's a process. Our bodies have to deal with tumors daily. Getting rid of a tumor does not stop the process. If that was the case then removing tumors would essentially cure cancer.

There are alternative treatments that yield better results than this drug. Alternative treatments that are natural.

Edit: This is great for the UK but it probably won't have any effect on us here thanks to the FDA. So if it really is a cancer cure, it won't be found here in the US.

-Dev

[edit on 15-8-2008 by DevolutionEvolvd]

new topics

top topics

join