It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What push asteroids, comets and planets without thrust?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Helium II also exhibits a creeping effect. When a surface extends past the level of helium II, the helium II moves along the surface, seemingly AGAINST the FORCE of GRAVITY.
-It moves in a 30 nm-thick film regardless of surface material.

My question was about how helium in vacum chamber allways lifts against gravity force vector

Here's another question:

Hot road
Why on hot road there is mirage effect, light bending which is similiar like light bending over planets.
explained like there is hot air near asphalt/desert and it SLOW's light rays and make them bend in ecliptical path.

A light ray grazing the surface under those circumstances is bent, or refracted, upward. That's because light travels FASTER in warmer, less dense, air than in denser cold air. The faster motion of the lower part of a light ray speeds ahead of the upper part, causing it to bend (refract) upward.

as is without any explanation of cause/interactions.
So massive gravity can BEND light on large scale in Ecliptic path and can bend light same way on hot road.

I cant any paper that is possible to SLOW down light ray or make it faster or make light ray path in ECLIPTIC path in air.

How you see this effect in your own words?

[edit on 8/15/2008 by B3...]

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by B3...

The hot pavement effect has nothing to do with gravity. The shimmering, mirror-like surface of the hot pavement is caused by light being refracted (or bent) by the denser air above the hot rpavement (the denser air is caused by the heat of the pavement).

Light moves slower through more dense air, and is thus refracted -- or bent -- by that dense air. Water is even more dense than air, and a person could see the light being refracted by the water very easily...that's why things look "bent" when they are sticking half in and half out of water.

Gravity is NOT causing a noticeable bending of the light in the pavement effect.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by seagull

The object of my post was not to insult it was to express the point that an education is obtained to learn such answers to the question raised in the post. The answer being relevant because the question was one of physics not some mysterious unknown. ATS is for learning about the unexplained. When someone poses a question well within the normal physics laws is it not appropriate to offer the poster educational material relevant to their question.

I was not trying to insult I was attempting to educate the poster with links to relevant material that covers the subject in question. I mean come on the entire post is one that can be answered by Newtonian physics. This is not a mystery of which answers need to come from opinion. The answers come from well established and fundamental physics laws that are taught in college.

[edit on 8/25/2008 by UFOTECH]

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Wrong questions about visible effects always bring answers with analitical overlay paradox

So what properties in solar system are required to change to change current orbit of moon and make distance +12000 miles further orbit away from earth? in simple terms cause/reaction

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by B3...
So what properties in solar system are required to change to change current orbit of moon and make distance +12000 miles further orbit away from earth? in simple terms cause/reaction

To achieve this, a large object must move by earth, exerting a tug on the moon and elevating its orbit or if the earths gravity weakens, it would also increase the orbit.

But the opposite is happening, the earth is pulling the moon and over the next million years, the moon will crash into the earth.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by B3...

Hey B3,

Read through your thread and kind of understand your initial question of how comets,asteroids,etc. are allowed to move at all without the "thrust" factor implemented?

Well, out of all the posts, no one has mentioned inertia, which is basically motion that wants to continue in one direction, but that isn't allowed because the entire universes solar systems are basically all some way or another "Gyros" of self propulsion from gravity and centrifugal force.

Planets and stars are gyroscopes
Imagine that you have a bicycle wheel with excellent bearings mounted on an extended, two-foot axle. Suppose also that the tire is completely filled with lead, then balanced and spun up to about 1000 rpm. If you were to hold both ends of the axle while the wheel were spinning, you would discover that you could not turn the axle to point in a different direction. Although you could easily "slide" the axle through the air keeping it pointed in the same direction, you would be completely unable to change the direction in which the spin axis points!

www.myastrologybook.com...

Here is another on "Planetary Motion"

www.glenbrook.k12.il.us...

Here is a better explanation of the effects of inertia and the implications of gravity.

Physics The tendency of a body to resist acceleration; the tendency of a body at rest to remain at rest or of a body in straight line motion to stay in motion in a straight line unless acted on by an outside force.
Resistance or disinclination to motion, action, or change: the inertia of an entrenched bureaucracy.

There is a complete compiled list of other inertial references to the right of this page for your pleasure of research of this topic.

www.ask.com...

I hope this helps you on your quest for an answer B3, if you have anything else to this nature you would like to talk about or discuss, please U2U me anytime, "I love this topic of discussion!!"

Sorry for this being more of a "Cut and Paste" explanation, but it is a heck of a lot faster than me trying to type all of it!!!

"See you on the threads B3!!! Have fun with the knowledge you receive, it is a practical question and most definately "Acceptable" for discussion and the truths!!"

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by peacejet
But the opposite is happening, the earth is pulling the moon and over the next million years, the moon will crash into the earth.

The Moon's orbit is getting larger at the rate of about 1.5 inches per year. Tidal forces are transferring Earth's rotational energy to the Moon's orbital energy, raising the Moon's orbit and slowing the Earth's rotation in the process.
curious.astro.cornell.edu...

[edit on 1/5/2009 by Phage]

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Throw metal ball on this planet and "gyros" align into directional "wave" which source is in the center of Milky Way galaxy + vector force wave effect which align "gyros" of matter into center of planets "gravity" effect.
Group of 3 spining "gyros" atoms align into one domain/molecule of object. Disturb/slowing one atom "gyro" properties of object and object fly instantly in different directions what is called inertia effect.

Milky Way one wave, sun another, earth another, matter another because of collizion of those waves we see those effects and because those waves are not in any know spectrum they do not exist.

All those information posted above are contained in one sentence>

Scientists have fine-tuned just about every equation and model to describe and predict gravity, yet its source within matter remains a complete and utter mystery.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join