It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what's with jahobo witness...and marketeers..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Hi, just yesterday 2 guys knocked on my door making me listen to him to resite somthing from the bible well they claim so. I am a muslim and don't know if this is what exactly it says in the bible but the book they were reading to me they claim it's the bible.

They said that dooms day is soon world war 3 is here and only christians will go to heaven with jesus. They then said that every other religion will go to hell and burn for all their sins like not following jesus. They then said that muslims are the devils work and they want to concur the world and they cause this world war 3. I was annoied so ok whatever blah blah ... I just then yelled I am muslim so I don't bealive in this. They then had a feared face looking at me like I am a demon or somthing and they then left didnt' even say goodbye lol.

I also notice they only stopped at my house nowhere else they just left and went into their car and drove off this is not the first time I had mostly girls before coming to my door and it's embarressing becuse they tell my sisters that they are my gfs and when I hear my sister said it's your gf and I go what??? lol I don't have one, when I get to the door they then talk about the bible and other stuff.

I hate opening the door and seeing these people becuase I am weak I don't like to be rude so I don't interrupted them even though they tell me what they are and want to give me some bible then they resite it in a way where I don't have a chance to tell them I am not interested.

I notice that we are currently getting alot of people coming to the door to sell us stuff and it's getting annoying.

I even get marketeers on the phone alot. I registered our phone number with the do not call act that the U.S gov has that will fine any marketeer.

How ever I notice I still get calls and I do report them to the gov and nothing happens.

I get a call alot from India at 12:00am asking if I want dish in a poor english way of saying if I want to buy dish network they just say do you wnat to buy dish.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Not sure if "johabo" was intentional, but it is Jehova witnesses. Just ignore them like the rest of us do.

Actually, I did entertain one for several months several years back, but she was extremely kind and open minded. I learned quite a bit about looking at the bible from a different perspective and although her intent was not to lead me away from the christian doctrine, she did just that (along w/ a couple other occurances in my life)........ so see, they aren't all THAT bad!!

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

As a general rule, Jehovah's Witnesses don't believe they are going to heaven. Only a select handful of them are. The rest of the group will inherit what ever is left of the earth.

Next time, just smile, nod your head politely for a moment and then tell them you are not interested. They are usually nice enough people and will move along to the next house on the block.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by maria_stardustAs a general rule, Jehovah's Witnesses don't believe they are going to heaven. Only a select handful of them are. The rest of the group will inherit what ever is left of the earth.

That is something else I liked about the beliefs of jehovah's witnesses. It is VERY clear in the Bible that the majority will be left to inherit a "new" or as you put it what's left of the earth rather than spending all of eternity in heaven. They are very intellectual in their approach to studying the bible, which is much easier to respect than those who interpret it to fit what they "want" to believe.

They do tend to be more consistent in their beliefs in accordance to the bible than do most other sects of christians.

EDITED TO ADD: if you ever have time to kill and some should show up at your door, for the most part if you entertain their company, the discussion will be anything but boring and actually quite stimulating.

[edit on 14-8-2008 by justamomma]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Jehobo witlesses are zombies who lack compassion for non-English speaking humanity.
God has different names in different languages.
Even regular names like Peter or James are different in european
languages like French.
To condemn whole tribes and nations of people to hell because they have a different name for God
or a different messenger from God like Jesus but with a different name is an insult to God.

To lack compassion puts you as far away from God as Satan.
Jehovah's witnesses are dupes of Satan.

Satan is symbolic of being as ignorant as a dumb animal hence
Satan is depicted having animal horns, a tail and cloven hooves.
He is depicted as red as that is the color of anger and bloody death.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Electricneo

hmmmm......... my experience with them was actually quite different. I felt compassion dripping from them. However, I guess it would help to note that we are seeing the individuals representing the sect as a whole.

I have not bothered to look at the religion as a whole. I had a taste from a few individuals and the experience was pleasant and intellectually stimulating (in that we weren't confined to only discussing topics of the bible; but science, nature, life in general, pretty much anything was allowed and the bible wasn't always referenced as their source for how they believe); so overall it left a good taste in my mouth.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by justamomma

I actually attended their services for a few months many years ago. They have a very strigent set of beliefs that they live by. As such, it has been my experience that you cannot engage in open discourse.

For example, they have two publications The Watch Tower and Awake. The bible studies are derived from these two magazines, and members take turn reading passages from the articles. At the end of each article a series of questions are asked. Heaven forbid, you try to deviate your response from what has been printed in the article. If you do, I did many, many times, you are gently chastized and prodded to respond practically verbatim from the text.

Jehovah's Witness are a cult. Not a sinister one, just a boring one.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

Edit: to remove crazy coding.

[edit on 8/14/2008 by maria_stardust]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
True story....will sound off topic but is not.

I'm Adopted. My biological Mother was a drug addict and already had 3 children under the age of 5 when she became pregnant with me.
She went in to have an abortion but before she did the Jehovah's Witnesses sat her down for the "Don't kill your baby" slide show and lecture series.

Long story short, here I am today and my Mother was converted and was a devout witness to the end of her days. I owe my life to them.....yet...I still can't get on board with their philosophy and I feel a little guilty that I screwed my older siblings out of Christmas

I found it impossible to hold a "conversation" with my mother about spiritual matters. It was a lecture from her or nothing. Her mind slammed shut as soon as I brought up anything even remotely off their script (you should have heard her lecturing me that every time I meditate I was letting the Devil in)

That whole family is severely screwed up. My brother died of a heroin overdose, my sister is a bag lady and my other brother is in prison...again. These people shoot drugs, live on the streets, run with thugs and prostitutes but if you whip out a deck of Tarot Cards they will go sheet white with fear.

I find it a little backwards.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Here's whatcha do when those jobbywitlesses come a knockin.

Just open the door and yell real loud "Bring back the Roman Lions!"

That usually gets them to vacate my premises rather quickly.

Of course when you happen to see them in your hood and know your coming up next, just start blaring some Zombie or Manson and they will just pass you by...

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by maria_stardust

haha could be very true. As I said, my experience w/ Jehovah Witnesses goes so far as the few ppl that have crossed my path.

I used to have neighbors who were also "jehovah witnesses" (sort of), but they had quit attending meetings bc it was just too strict for their tastes... and from what they said, they couldn't even TECHNICALLY be considered jehovah's witnesses since they were anything BUT moral (comparitively speaking).

The lady that I spoke w/ over a period of several months came from the same "hall" as my neighbors and she was always very friendly w/ them as was the rest of the "crew" (according to my neighbors anyway). There were no hard feelings or guilt trips for the neighbors.. just occasional friendly visits.

The conversations I had w/ the lady and the family next door were always fun and like I said, they were not limited to the bible and/or religion. Guess my experience w/ the members was a rare one bc I hear quite the same sentiments as you and the other fellow poster in this thread from a lot of ppl. I swore off religion and so I don't forsee a time when I will ever consider joining their "cult"

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Last time a couple of them came to the door they explained about the comin of the end and so I just put on my crazy Illuminati face and said, "I don't discuss that with outsiders."

One of the women just quoted a Bible passage and gave me one of their brochures. I try to collect as many as I can.

One time they did stop specifically at my house and left a special invitation to join. That was around the time I started acquiring occult knowledge. They know what it is since they read the stuff too. One book I have was purchased from a J.W.

[edit on 8/14/2008 by EnlightenUp]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnlightenUp
Last time a couple of them came to the door they explained about the comin of the end and so I just put on my crazy Illuminati face and said, "I don't discuss that with outsiders."

One of the women just quoted a Bible passage and gave me one of their brochures. I try to collect as many as I can.

That was one of the rather annoying things. All the booklets. TONS of them. I didn't want to be rude and throw them away bc the lady would visit a couple times a week (it might be good to note that at the time I was a stay at home mom and housewife... could have just been that I was THAT bored hehe). But yeah, when I traded the conversations w/ her in for conversations with another worldly and bored housewife, we used all the booklets (TOOOONS of them) as fuel for a bonfire we started for the kiddos to roast marshmellows.

[edit on 14-8-2008 by justamomma]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Good grief. Not another thread slamming Jehovah's Witnesses. Don't we have enough of these already?

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
lol, well I am a kind person and really hate to yell or argue with anyone ect. These people have been coming every month for the past 2 years.

This all started about 3 years ago right after my dad gave money to some charity. I also gave 50 bucks to charity. The thing I am a muslim and my dad told us that when we first get our first job paycheck we are supposed to donate it to charity, well poor people it is for good luck my dad said.
So me and my dad done this and after these donations We got letters from other charity even phone calls some even asked if I have a car to donate to charity.

We not still get calls from random charities that we didn't even heard of.

I am just getting annoyed between marketing people and others.

I am not saying they are mean but just annoying since I get this every month. I usally hate opening the door unless I know someone is coming over like family or friends.

I yesterday I was vacuming the house and was right by the front door and I hear the door bell ring and I am trying to decide if I should open it or not and if I don't and someone important was at the door of my dads friends I would get yelled at so I decided to open it and then I see 2 guys usally it would be 4 girls but this time was 2 guys and they didn't give me a change to say anything they introduced themselves and talked about the bible and our dooms day ect. Right after they talked about the bible I told them I am muslims and you should of saw them they were like speachless but had a feared look at me like I looked scary or somthing and they just left without saying anything.

We even put signes on our door no solicitation sign that says no solicitation how would you like it if we knocked on your door.

lol.

The weird thing is that I notice when they leave they go straight to their car they don't bother others. I even couple times seen them park their car across the steet and then get out of their car and come to our house and after they go back and drive off.

They also drive my mom crazy.

I don't know how they got my name but in the start the 4 girls one girl rang the door bell and told my sister that she is my gf and asked for me. My sister told me since I was on the computer my sister said my name it's for you and I asked who is it she said your gf and I am like what?? my gf I don't have a gf so I went to the door thinking I have some stalker or somthing and then find out who they were and I was like omg I am not going to open a door again for anyone lol.

It's just annoying to me and also I am usally busy, I been working on a website and I go to college classes so I really get ticked off when I have to deal with them or marketeers.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blueracer
Good grief. Not another thread slamming Jehovah's Witnesses. Don't we have enough of these already?

Enough threads or enough Jehova's Witnesses?

I'm just askin'.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
What i find to work rather well is just politely saying thank you for reaching out to me but i am currently very pleased with my current faith. This should work with anyone since even if you have no faith your still saying your happy with it. They should understand, but you might get a live n feisty one sometimes that just pushes the matter.

If you want them to go away, just say your LDS, they back off WAY quick, i'm not kidding. Even if your not, it'll still work, just offer them a Book of Mormon. (My intention isn't for you to use the LDS church if any member sees it as such, only to stop the monthly visit from another faith, nothing more)

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   

I actuallly find it quite annoying when people of any faith coming knocking on my door. It's just rude to show up on a person's doorstep uninvited. It's even more rude to show up on a person's doorstep uninvited and start preaching.

I'm sorry, but faith is a personal thing. I'm not going to discuss my personal beliefs with absolute strangers, much less uninvited. If I want to hear a sermon, I'll go to church. If I feel like reading the Bible, then I'll read it. On my terms. Not someone else's.

I realize that people that go door to door proselytizing are sincere for the most part. I remember asking a young woman who showed up on my door why she felt the need to "witness." Her reply: she was obligated to save as many souls as possible.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by maria_stardust

ya I agree. I just feel bad like telling them I am not interested or don't really care lol.

I get frustrated easily, with marketeers and other people knocking at my door.

I mean it's common sense that if we want someone we will go to them.

Knocking at the door.

It really annoys me mostly because we have a sign for marketeers or anyone trying to sell anything which we are supposed to be protected by federal law that when we post that sign we are supposed to not get bothered by marketeers yet they still come knocking at the door trying to sell somthing we filed a complaint and nothng happened.

I regsiter our phone number on the do not call list and still we get calls and we did report them but nothing happens I now think the gov just collected phone numbers to sell to businesses not to protect us.

I still currently at 12:00am I get a call from india saying they are direct tv and do I want dish.

it's just really annoying mostly when your like busy and think the phone call could be a emergancy or someone you know ect and then finding out it's someone trying to sell you somthing.

top topics

join