It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mind Bending anomaly on our Moon

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by internos
reply to post by easynow

Easynow, thank you for sharing this find

As i've already said via U2U, the find is interesting, IMHO, at least worthy to discussed.
In according to the Apollo 10 Lunar Photography Index Map, the area covered by the image in question should be the one that i've colorized here:

www.lpi.usra.edu...
ndexmap03/150dpi.jpg

So it could be some odd shaped ejecta of some crater between the camera and CHAPLYGIN, (for example, Marconi)

but it's extremely hard to say: the orientation wouldn't be the one indicated by the map, and the very bad quality of the image and the lack of some higher version of the same image don't help: theare are many craters in the image, but they are almost invisible: so the formation could really be anything

Another thing that can be done is to check if the area that here is dubbed 4797 is covered in some of the maps that can be found here:
www.lpi.usra.edu...

i really have no idea what we are looking at, and i agree that the shadows are not completely consistent with what supposedly is casting them.
I'll try to find some more stuff, but i don't know if i'll be able to find something interesting.

Thanks for sharing.

[edit on 15/8/2008 by internos]

Thanks Internos ! excellent post and information as always

So it could be some odd shaped ejecta of some crater between the camera and CHAPLYGIN,

with all of the craters and odd shapes in that area ...you might be right ?

i am also still considering that this may be a crashed probe that has fallen into a crater or on the edge of crater ?

it is on a very strange angle wich i believe adds to the Anomaly but i also believe this is not something normal and there is more to it imo.

like you said the lack of better pictures and the poor quality of these make it difficult to come to a conclusion. as of right now i dont know what it is.

but once again thanks for your input and help as it is always appreciated

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
It almost looks like 2 structures. And one of them has a communications dish of some sort.

It really looks like a dish though.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
My very first impression of that "Anomaly" if you will, is of a Mobile Command Center. There are Mobile MIL Units which use Mobile Command/Communication Centers that resemble that Lunar "Anomaly" to a T. I would even go as far as stating that present in these photos, is a Comm/SAT Dish affixed to the Top of the Structure. This could very easily be a leftover piece of equipment from the Apollo Missions. If any of you can recall, the Lunar Rover itself had a similar set-up (used during Apollo 15, Apollo 16, and the Final Lunar Mission, Apollo 17).

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by turkishpretzelz

The object described by some as a glass dome behind Bean is actually nothing more than a simple lens flare. Whats more, many of the Apollo pictures show exactly the same type and shape flare. Sorry for bursting your bubble!

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mintwithahole.

The object described by some as a glass dome behind Bean is actually nothing more than a simple lens flare. Whats more, many of the Apollo pictures show exactly the same type and shape flare. Sorry for bursting your bubble!

Instead of mocking others, please produce this evidence you speak of as others will not simply take your word for it.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trauma
If you think THAT is an anomaly, check out this thread. In my opinion it's the best "space anomaly" picture I've ever seen. This one happens to be on Mars.
Mars Anomaly

Is it just me or is that link not working?

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAgentNineteen

the image of the reflector dish like object was taken from the apollo 10 1969 mission,before any of the lunar landing missions took place,thus it cannot be a lunar mobile command unit or a lunar rover.
niether can it be a lunar lander for the obvious reason no lunar landing took place.

i suspect if there were any aliens on the moon,they would probably need a form of transmitter or reciever array to send and recieve electromagnetic waves.the next closest surface where they could employ such an electromagnetic reciever or emmiter would be mars,where theres a 3 hour delay.
open space is unlikely to be a locale,unless they have some form of invisibility/cloaking.

if "there" there and there not 1000's of years in advance of us,one would bet the prime local for such an array within our solar system would be the surface of the moon

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mintwithahole.

ummm in this case the sun is behind the camera

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

interesting find and it looks like another tower or shard to me.

i cant think of a realistic explanation for this anomaly >??? weird

[edit on 15-8-2008 by easynow]

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

hi mikesingh,

you got me thinking about the picture you posted of chaplygin crater and the anomaly in the middle of the crater looks like the other object that is in orbit around the Moon ?

is it possible that this is the same object ? or could be part of it ???
anybody else see what i am seeing here ? Internos ??

might be a stretch ...hehehe....but it is possible that the two items in question have something to do with each other

[edit on 16-8-2008 by easynow]

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   
They used to let the shuttles slam into the surface of the moon to test the results of the impact. The first photo kind of looked that at to me.
I don't know about that whole deal though, but it might be something to think about.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I've been looking on the Navy's Clementine Lunar Map online and I noticed that alot of it is blacked out.. Check it out..

www.nrl.navy.mil...

It is a section of this site.
www.cmf.nrl.navy.mil...

I originally saw this posted by Zorgon in a different thread. (thanks)

I also downloaded the NASA world wind program and I'm gonna check that out also thanks

You can get world wind for free here..
worldwind.arc.nasa.gov...

MikeSingh, the man himself, even sais World wind shows strange structures on the moon. COOL!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

-ChriS

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by easynow

It looks like a wittle volcano... *bitterness on face*

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by BlasteR

thanks for checkin on it BlasteR,

the problem with clementine photo's is you cant get zoomed in enough to see any small detail...wich is what we need to be able to see what this thing is.

as of right now i believe it can only be found in the Apollo orbital images but there are not many of them, so i dont know if we can actually ever find another view of this that will be conclusive enough to find the anomaly on it.

from what i have read about the Apollo pictures that are not online...you have to send off for them and pay money also.

im gonna keep lookin on my end so good luck and thanks for your effort

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ParaFreaky

It looks like a wittle volcano... *bitterness on face*

i think thats a wittle cwazy but hey you might be right ?

tell me why you think its volcanic looking ?

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 02:57 AM
link   
here's another anomaly that is similar...

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by easynow

To be honest, I have no clue.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 04:55 AM
link   
interesting.
could also be classic DisInfo.
do we trust NASA?
nothing new.

cheers

[edit on 16-8-2008 by anti72]

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 05:32 AM
link   
It could be anything, but it certainly looks like it does not belong there. Here are some things I read in a book about the moon some time ago. Ancient writings from the Middle East, India and possibly China state that the moon was much closer to earth in times past than it is now. Also, when one of the moon missions jettisoned some hardware onto the moon surface, the moon rang like a bell when the hardware hit the surface. There are many who think that the moon was never a natural satellite of the earth, but was pulled into its present location from elsewhere by powerful entities.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 05:51 AM
link   
something that's always intrigued me, is how we never see one side of the moon. (The Dark Side) I always thought that was odd.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join