It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mind Bending anomaly on our Moon

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 05:39 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by easynow

One of the most interesting anomalies is the panoramic shot that seems to indicate the remains of the bottom portion of Hoagland's glass dome idea.

The shot shows light being reflected in such a way as to add further confirmation to his glass dome theory. I am not sure if it is a Hasselblatt shot... you wouldn't happen to know of which photo I am speaking, do you?

Could you post it if you do,as it sure is one interesting anomaly - in a stack of interesting anomalies

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 06:24 AM
link   
I think it's that reflective prism they put there to measure the distance the moon travels from the Earth each year.

They fire light/lasers at it and time how long it takes for it to bounce back or something...

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 06:32 AM
link   
what is a shard? that looks like a pile of rocks. member the moon has craters because things hit it so I would not be surprised if it is simply a deformation in the planet due to an impact point at another location.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 06:36 AM
link   

This is the artifact known as "the Shard"

The *dot above it is simply a marking put there by the guy while wanted to mark where it was on a larger picture.

This is Edgar Mitchell in front of and apparently inside of a glass dome-like structure on the moon - you can see the imperfections in the glass reflecting and refracting the available light. (Glass made in space is twenty times stronger than the Strongest glass made on earth, and silicon is abundant on the lunar surface)

[edit on 15-8-2008 by turkishpretzelz]

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Learn something new everytime I wake up in the morning, the shard, whoa, tripped out, I bet theres whole sites dedicated to that shard, lol, really nobody's gonna know what that is unless they decided to go up to the moon...

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Here is another Dome image. This one is pretty "clear cut"

[/img]

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by easynow

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrPenny
It's a moon-based observatory....looking back at Earth, taking pictures, posting them on moon-based forums....and arguing about "anomalies".

1st moon dude: "OMG......See this!!!! What is it???"...

2nd moon dude: "All I see is rocks".....

The sphinx is rocks

earth pyramids in Egypt, Nubia, China. France, Greece, India, North America, Mesoamerica, and Rome are also rocks

LOL

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Torn carnvass!? That's silly.

It's obvious that this anomaly is a rip in the space/time continuum.

Seriously though, I think BFFT is on the right track. My guess is that it's an exposure that had a drop of developer dripped or spilled onto the film while developing in the dark room. Accidentally, or could be intentional - maybe much like they airbrush some images.

[edit on 15-8-2008 by tyranny22]

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
People say they are rocks because that's probably what 100% of the things pointed out, are. Remember the ol' Mars face? Everyone KNEW it was a face! There was no WAY that was a simple hill. But once much clearer pictures were taken.. DOH! It was just a hill after all.

One thing that I find amusing about all the "stucture" pictures. There is never anything around them. Every one seems to be a solitary structure, and there is no road to it, no other structures, nothing around them at all.

Consider: The plans that are being drummed up right now (and trained for as we speak) for an initial Mars colony, has a minimum of I believe it is 5 structures. You'd think of all these supposed bases and houses and who knows what, there would be more than one.

Just like statues built with nothing else around, in the middle of a cliff. Um.. sorta like a giant that is facing up. I said when that first was found, "Why would they build a face like that? Facing up, with nothing else around?" And sure enough, turns out it was nothing.

So while I'd be thrilled if they found an actual and obvious recognizable structure, piece of art, or skeleton on the Moon or Mars, I've not seen it yet. So yea, when I guess what you call "skeptics" say "that's a rock," it's not because they are trying to debunk the possibility of other things that might be found. It's probably a rock.

I'm not a skeptic. I'm someone who will believe in ANYTHING if you can provide some more solid proof of it. Proof isn't hightlighting what is probably a rock with different colors, and trying to make guesses about what it's shaped like.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
www.thelivingmoon.com...

whats the pyramid in the lower left corner?

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Sadly they will probably just say it was an odd shaped rock.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
hmm... Looks like a Sattalite dish on some kind of vehicle..

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I guess the real question is are we being lied to by NASA and the GOV concerning these things. If they are lying then why on earth would they give us pics that show they lie, on a second pass. Would they not hand out pics that served their aims to continue a lie if they are indeed lying?

We have seen many controversial pics from NASA that seem tampered with, so why would we assume later pics will not also be altered, when these new pics are to refute our claims of censorship no less. Especially on such a controversial ground sight with various anomalies in a such a concentrated area.

I am a believer in ruins etc because it just makes sense, unless we are alone in a universe with no end we know of, which again, doesn't make much sense to me anyway. I can buy nature producing the occasional circle or square edge here and there, but not sooo much in many and even concentrated places.

I am not going to SWEAR its a face, Tomb, glass domes or a 7 mile high shard made of glass, but I certainly wont abstain research because I am encouraged to by further pics released from such a suspect system.

I think taken on a one by one basis, it is easy to confuse the issue, but when all pictures are presented, patterns emerge from the evidence and not the mind. But I can't say 100% one way or the other. More investigation is needed for clarification IMHO.

peace

[edit on 15-8-2008 by _Heretic]

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
A couple observations come to mind immediately:

1) Craters are, in fact, fractal in nature. In other words, one cannot tell scale based on craters (except at the largest scale - n.b. double rimmed craters, and the smallest scales, the so-called micro-meteorites - for a large range of sizes in between, scale is difficult, if not impossible to discern).

2) Of the 5 Lunar Orbiters that surveyed the moon prior to the lunar landings, all five were intentionally crashed into the lunar surface "so they would not present navigational or communications hazards to later Apollo flights". (Quote from a quick look at either the NASA website or Wikipedia.)

Thus, while perhaps unlikely without knowing more about this photo, it is still possible that this (n.b. the OP's original photo, not one of the many posted later in the thread) is in fact a man-made artifact, and in fact is perhaps a crashed Lunar Orbiter (or, as someone else mentioned, maybe even a Ranger spacecraft from earlier in the 1960s).

Just throwing out some possibilities.

EDIT TO ADD: I noticed this was a 70 mm Hasselblad photograph, thus, there is a better resolution image out there somewhere (at least in theory there should be and certainly could be given the scanning technology of today and the granularity of the film used) - does anyone have access to it? If not, I can try and see if I can locate it in the NASA archives, or has anyone else tried (and perhaps I missed this being mentioned?). Alternatively, it is possible that this is the best available to the public?

WoodyAcres

[edit on 15-8-08 by WoodyAcres]

[edit on 15-8-08 by WoodyAcres]

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
If you think THAT is an anomaly, check out this thread. In my opinion it's the best "space anomaly" picture I've ever seen. This one happens to be on Mars.
Mars Anomaly

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

Easynow, thank you for sharing this find

As i've already said via U2U, the find is interesting, IMHO, at least worthy to discussed.
In according to the Apollo 10 Lunar Photography Index Map, the area covered by the image in question should be the one that i've colorized here:

www.lpi.usra.edu...

So it could be some odd shaped ejecta of some crater between the camera and CHAPLYGIN, (for example, Marconi)

but it's extremely hard to say: the orientation wouldn't be the one indicated by the map, and the very bad quality of the image and the lack of some higher version of the same image don't help: theare are many craters in the image, but they are almost invisible: so the formation could really be anything: the find is very interesting though, IMHO

Another thing that can be done is to check if the area that here is dubbed 4797 is covered in some of the maps that can be found here:
www.lpi.usra.edu...

i really have no idea what we are looking at, and i agree that the shadows are not completely consistent with what supposedly is casting them.
I'll try to find some more stuff, but i don't know if i'll be able to find something interesting.

Thanks for sharing.

[edit on 15/8/2008 by internos]

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
well for sake of discussion here are some pictures of the probes that have been sent to the Moon....

this first one was named ' luna ' and was in service 1959-1976

this next one is Pioneer and was in service 1958-1959

next one is ranger 1961-1965

then there were 8 lunar probes sent by the former USSR/Russia

no pictures...

then there is the Lunar orbiter 1966-1967

also a Japanese probe 1990-1993

www.star.le.ac.uk...
Leicester University Physics Department

[edit on 15-8-2008 by easynow]

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skipper1975
reply to post by easynow

if you think that is amazing...
you should check out the Alex Collier pics in his moon/other lecture

Alex Collier - Moon & Mars Lecture Part 1
www.youtube.com...

you can find the rest

edit= i heard TPTW were stopped from flying to their moon hideaway..haaaaaaaaaaa..lol

[edit on 14-8-2008 by Skipper1975]

interesting video.

i like the bit near the start where he says , nervously, "theres a lot going on"...

that sort of nervous hesitation tells me that , at least, he *believes* in what he is talking about. it doesnt necessarily mean that what he is saying is true - we can all have implanted memories via hypnosis for example - but at least he comes across as more genuine than your usual charlatans. (like Uri Geller...)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join