It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Underwater pyramid in the Caribbean

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Nygden:

You are embarassing yourself every post you make.

I would suggest you re-read all the material before you post again.

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 12:39 PM
link   
How about you just explain specifically what I am missing? Why are you being vague? Is it purposeful? Certainly seems that way. I was responding in the most recent post to two points. 1 was that the national geographic documentary will not have new footage of the ruins, as it specifically states, it will not have new footage of the ruins but will have some old footage that most people haven't seen but that is not new. 2nd I was responding to the claims for there being heiroglyphics. There is only one photo on the free republic site that I can see that is like that. Are you or are you not saying that there is a photo that I have missed? The pathfinders site was just an interview, and the other website wasn't about the cuban site.

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by jumpspace
www.freerepublic.com...
dwij.org...

There's no evidence that this is anything other than geological formations. Other people have been in the area, and have dived. Yes, they see some of the same formations but no, they don't have the characteristics of the underwater city ... or any other underwater city. There's no real masonry, no complex structures... just solid stones similar to other natural formations.

And more real evidence of underwater structures:
www.morien-institute.org...
[edit on 13-9-2004 by jumpspace]

That set of ruins IS well-known and well documented as ruins. We've discussed it before... if memory serves, the area sank after an earthquake around 1500 AD.

[edit on 14-9-2004 by Byrd]

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by lostinspace

Being the geek that I am, I took a look at the site that hosts that picture.

hometown.aol.com...

Do you know, it says nothing about Cuba and in fact doesn't identify what the scans are or where they were from. In fact, it's a VERY strange and rather unbelievable story on that web page. I don't see any support of ANY of your assertions on that web page.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   
... I knew I saw this somewhere! Some Atlantis threads floating around lately, thought to bring this up again. And actually add to it, I found this site of sunken Navy ships which is an interesting list:

www.chinfo.navy.mil...

As per the OP, this is alluded to w/ some other theories that Atlantis is on the U.S. east coast. This thread is full of links for those wondering.

[edit on 22-11-2007 by anhinga]

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Montezuma showed Cortez the pyramids of Teotihuacan and he told him that the pyramids were already there when the Aztec people came to the region. Some previous civilization built the complex for their religious purposes. When restoration began in modern times, on the Citadel of Quetzalcoatl, they found one structure built on top of the other, where two different civilizations left their mark on the area. The decision was made to remove the top structures so that the lower structures could be revealed. Apparently the lower ruins were more impressive than upper ruins.

Someone made an interesting statement about the sunken ruins found near western Cuba in 2001, which relate to the pyramids at Teotihuacan.

"this year confirmed the TimeStar account that the pyramids at Teotihuacan replaced older pyramids that sank in the Caribbean"

www.newciv.org...

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 08:07 PM
link   
when reading these kinds of threads i can't help but think "why aren't these threads overwhelmingly in favour of the idea that all of this stuff is man made and that people who think they are natural formations are "quacks"!" I mean, hundreds of years ago everyone accepted the idea that the world was flooded and that legends and mythologies dipicting sunken cities was truth... i'll suggest in the last few hundred years and since the advent of the printing press those "in the know" took the opportunity to begin spreading the "untruths" about history of which we are all victim today...

underwater cities exist all around the world... simple.. rather than asking for evdience that they are, I'd suggest asking for evidence they're not...

i'm always reminded of the debates over "farmer's lines or glacial erratics" vs "Stone alignments" ... dispite the obvious conclusion that no farmer rolled 40 ton stones into a line or that a glacier just dumped them there in situ, some people will never accept the notion that ancient people pushed them to the top of a hill for a reason... it's as if our natural inclination to accept the obvious is over-riden by our fear of being considered a "nut"...

hundreds of years from now, people will look back at us and wonder "what were they thinking!?"

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Montezuma showed Cortez the pyramids of Teotihuacan and he told him that the pyramids were already there when the Aztec people came to the region.

thats a little unlikely as Teotihuacan ceased to be occupied about 1000 years before the occupation are you sure you're not confusing it with Tenochtitlán. I think you are referring to the tradition spread by pseudo historians that there is some significance in the Aztecs making that claim. But the Aztecs migrated into the area from their former homeland around 1325, which is more than 300 years after the desertion of teotihuacan, so its not really all that revelatory that they might say that.

When restoration began in modern times, on the Citadel of Quetzalcoatl, they found one structure built on top of the other, where two different civilizations left their mark on the area. The decision was made to remove the top structures so that the lower structures could be revealed. Apparently the lower ruins were more impressive than upper ruins.

the older ruins were made by the Toltec and were only more impressive because of the many statues which made the facade more ornate. The temple of Quetzalcotal is the smallest temple at Teotihuacan. It is completely normal to find older structures underneath newer ones in mesoamerica. It is not the result of a lost culture but of continual renovation during the buildings usage

Someone made an interesting statement about the sunken ruins found near western Cuba in 2001, which relate to the pyramids at Teotihuacan.
"this year confirmed the TimeStar account that the pyramids at Teotihuacan replaced older pyramids that sank in the Caribbean"
www.newciv.org...

the structures off Cuba have not as yet been identified as man made
the Timestar is a geometric pattern that has nothing to do with anything found in the Americas, though it has been reported in crop circles in England

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by kerkinana walsky

Maybe it wasn't Montezuma who said that statement about Teotihuacan. What I read was that the locals couldn't tell the Spanards who built the cerimonial center. The Mexica told them that when they arrived to the valley 200 years earlier the misterious city of Teotihuacan was already abandoned. The site of Tenochtitlan was chosen by the Mexica because it reminded them of their homeland of Aztlan. They built that location on their own I thought.

As I look at the book "Atlas of Ancient America" it shows the time period of the Teotihuacan civilization being from 1 AD to 650 AD and it is apparent that these builders were classified as a group of their own. What's amazing is that they exerted the greated influence over Mesoamerica. I didn't know the Toltecs directly controlled Teotihuacan in their own time. My book says their civilization latsted from 900 AD to 1200 AD. It looks like the Aztec civilization ranged from 1350 AD to 1530 AD. So why isn't the Toltecs given credit for building Teotihuacan if they are the ones who created the exotic sculptures at the Temple of Quetzalcoatl? Maybe the Toltecs are the Teotihuacans. To the Nahuan, the word "Tolteca" was synonymous with the words used for art, culture and civilization. I would bet that the Toltecs, who also could have been the Teotihuacans, lost control of the region when their main capital suffered a calamity.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 06:40 AM
link   
by a calamity you mean an earthquake, the whole region is to this day still geologically unstable
ap.google.com...
the collapse of the Toltecs is directly attributed to this, they ran their empire through military force and had overstretched themselves when something happened that destroyed that power base. It is after all quite dangerous to have your ruling military Elite all together in one nicely built palace not particularly designed to withstand tremors in a region that suffers large earthquakes from time to time while you are simultaneously oppressing your peasants.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by orionthehunter

Leonard Nemoy, "Spock " - Insearch of
I saw it, and was searching for info on it just now
They scuba intothe thing crystal skulls and srtifacts , WTF where isthe films from this , photos ect.
Or is it Top Secret now they had it on TV

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   
This is an old thread but I'll post some information I did not see here. Almost all the links with pics seem to be blocked now or require some kind of membership except for a couple of pics that do not show any pyramids.

What started this thread was a tv show where they filmed a typically murky or muddy area near the Bahamas and they showed the top of a pyramid that looked like it was in perfect condition. The sides of the pyramid were smooth and did not appear worn at all. They stated the water was usually not that clear. Anyway they found an opening and filmed inside a chamber in the pyramid and inside I remember seeing something in the center of the room that looked like a large round crystal ball held in place by something that looked like a metallic structure.

Anyway this is an old thread without any supporting evidence I can find anymore. Sometimes I think someone doesn't want anyone to go looking for this. I was pretty sure the tv show stated the location was near the Bahamas not next to Cuba.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by orionthehunter

Sometimes I think someone doesn't want anyone to go looking for this. I was pretty sure the tv show stated the location was near the Bahamas not next to Cuba.

Sure you can go look for it. These types of discoveries are part of new age 'pious fraud'.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by jezebel

Hey thanks for that site its pretty nice collection of images!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join