It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Underwater pyramid in the Caribbean

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Looks very much like a steppe pyramid. I saw that video 30 years ago,but I wonder why there is so much disinformation about these undersea ruins.
ike the Chinese Pyramids,I think the authorities want to conceal our past.
There is also the "Bimini Road" and the Carribean Tunnels.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by stgeorge
Looks very much like a steppe pyramid. I saw that video 30 years ago,but I wonder why there is so much disinformation about these undersea ruins.
ike the Chinese Pyramids,I think the authorities want to conceal our past.
There is also the "Bimini Road" and the Carribean Tunnels.

I am unfamiliar with these other artefacts, but smaller versions of the bimini road do infact for naturally, I beleive in those cases it ends up being an effect of the water currents. Strange, but apparently true, these geometric 'blocks' can form naturally.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Jaques Cousteau and National Geographic.many decades ago.Are you a young person? You can get these tapes from the video store or library.
RESEARCH! It is work,but very rewarding. Ask around at least....

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 01:54 PM
link   
You are listening to explanations given by debunkees. One says this,one says that. There WAS a civilization under there. Ruins.
Berlitz and keel.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Jaques Cousteau and National Geographic.many decades ago.Are you a young person? You can get these tapes from the video store or library.
RESEARCH! It is work,but very rewarding. Ask around at least....

I suggest you compare what you just wrote to what i wrote above it. How is 'jacques cousteau, are young, ask around, national geographic' a cogent response to 'structures smaller in scale but otherwise analagous to the bimini structure are known to form naturally'?

stgeorge:
You are listening to explanations given by debunkees.

How exactly does that mean that the bimini structures can't form naturally?

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I am using logical deduction. Someone just they are natural formations.Where else can we see one?
Next,there are underwater ruins everywhere,including the British Isles and the Carribean. The strange part is,the older they are,the bigger they are. An oceanographer just found some giant formations off the coast of Cuba.The natives knew about it already,like the tunnels and wells.NO WAY they are formed naturally,see the video, but someone always tries to say they are natural! The same with the japanese underwater formations.
In fact,that so called "road" heads right down the continental shelf.

[edit on 14-8-2004 by stgeorge]

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 08:07 PM
link   

I am using logical deduction. Someone just they are natural formations.Where else can we see one?

More scientific expeditions have been conducted in the area with inconclusive results. Skeptics say the Bimini Road is a natural formation of native beachrock and, indeed, seemingly similar formations can be found along the shorelines of North and South Bimini. from here

here is an intersting article on 'ruins' off bimini

this is a very interesting post to the newsgroup sci.archaeology. Here is one portion of it, but I really suggest reading more of it:

southdar in sci.archaeology:
The only characteristic of these stone slabs suggestive of
human manufacture is their rectangular shape. If a person
take the time and trouble to study the available literature,
that person would find that there are several places where
rectangular slabs of beachrock are associated with carbonate
beaches. In fact, rectangular-jointed beachrock that time
will become rectangular slabs of beachrock occurs on the
west shore of South Bimini Island.

Places where observed (reference)

1. Puerto Rica (Kye 1959)
2. Barbados (McLean 1964)
3. west shore of South Bimini (Ball and Gifford 1980)
4. Joulter Cays, Bahamas (Strasser and Davaud 1986:Figure 6a)
5. Heron Island, Australia (McKusick and Shinn (1980).
6. eastern Australia (Randi 1981).

Given the numerous locations at which the formation of
rectangular blocks is occurring, the rectangular shape of
the slabs of beach rock found off of Bimini Island cannot
be used as evidence for their human manufacture.
Therefore, there is a complete lack of evidence for any
human modification of these slabs.]

Next,there are underwater ruins everywhere,including the British Isles and the Carribean. The strange part is,the older they are,the bigger they are. An oceanographer just found some giant formations off the coast of Cuba.The natives knew about it already,like the tunnels and wells.NO WAY they are formed naturally,see the video, but someone always tries to say they are natural!

You can't just say 'no way this is natural' wihtout backing it up. Do a search in that newsgroup I mentioned, there's lots of information there. Nature can make some pretty incredible things. Beyond saying that, I would need actual references to what you are specifically talking about in order to discuss it with you.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Numerous locations?All but one were the carribean! They called them roads,but I think they are collapsed walls.How do the stone blocks look? Like Peru's? Like the Great Wall?
"Similar to the Great wall.Rough hewn."2IC
"But the Great Wall's all remained standing."
"Did it? What if the ground tilted?"

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Numerous locations?All but one were the carribean!

Two from that list, which doesn't claim to be exhaustive, were in australia. It demonstrates that there needs to be exceptional reasons to state that they are manmade.

They called them roads,but I think they are collapsed walls.How do the stone blocks look? Like Peru's? Like the Great Wall?
"Similar to the Great wall.Rough hewn."2IC
"But the Great Wall's all remained standing."
"Did it? What if the ground tilted?"

Again, the fact that they are rectangular isn't enough to say that they are man made. These objects form naturally. Apparently its called 'Beachrock'. Did you read the link i supplied?

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Just took a peek.Does not explain the documentaries I watched in the 70's and 80's. What I saw was much more impressive.
But then again,they say the sand shifts here and there.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Dr. Ray Brown, who was familiar with the Berry Islands of the Bahamas, where he had previously searched for Spanish treasure galleons, returned there in 1970. He detailed his experience in an interview with the author Charles Berlitz.

When we returned to where we had been before, looking for the sunken galleons, a violent squall came up. We had to hang on to mangroves on the island, it was so violent. Six to eight foot waves broke over us and we lost most of our equipment. In the morning we saw that our compasses were spinning and our magnometers were not giving readings. We took off north- east from the island. It was murky but suddenly we could see outlines of buildings under the water. It seemed to be a large exposed area of an underwater city. We were five divers and we all jumped in and dove down, looking for anything we could find. As we swam on, the water became clear. I was close to the bottom at 135 feet and was trying to keep up with the diver ahead of me. I turned to look toward the sun through the murky water and saw a pyramid shape shinning like a mirror. Thirty-five to forty feet from the top was an opening. I was reluctant to go inside... but I swam anyway. The opening was like a shaft debouching into an inner room. I saw something shinning. It was a crystal, held by two metallic hands. I had on my gloves and I tried to loosen it. It became loose. As soon as I grabbed it I felt this was the time to get out and not come back.

I'm not the only person who has seen the ruins -- others have seen them from the air and say they are five miles wide and more than that in length.

Reports from the other divers who were with Dr. Brown at the time are unavailable since three of them have died or disappeared in the Bermuda Triangle while diving. Dr. Brown still has the crystal, which he sometimes shows to lecture audiences. Inside the round crystal can be seen a series of pyramidal forms. When one holds the crystal, a throbbing sensation is felt in the hand of the holder, whether by autosuggestion or some quality inherent in the object.

Dr. Brown did not express an opinion as to the identity of the place that he visited except to say that it was an underwater pyramid surrounded by ruined buildings. He believes that the pyramid and the other buildings extend farther down under the sea floor, with only the upper portions visible. Brown does not reveal the coordinates of the pyramid, which, if located near the Berry Islands, is definitely not one searched for by the Ari Marshal expedition.

During the mid-70's Dr. Brown practiced naturopathic medicine in a thriving office in Mesa, Arizona. His waiting room was full of people eager to receive his diagnosis and prescriptions for homeopathic medicines. Everyone had a miracle to tell. There were a couple in our family -- saving a newborn from death's door when hospital doctors had turned their hands up, and a remarkable permanent recovery from disabling pleurisy. Some of our friends had a little baby afflicted with seizures so serious he was medicated with phenobarbital around the clock. He was like a slug from the downers -- couldn't roll himself over. Dr. Brown got him off the phenobarbital, and put him on 1Million -X Homeopathic Belladonna. A few months later we got a photo in the mail from the happy parents -- the little guy was sitting up on the beach, looking at the camera and smiling. Dr. Brown's medicines were ones he personally made using special machines with ultrasound capabilities that he had designed himself. The result was, he explained, the creation of super-strength homeopathic compounds that had the vibrational imprint of the minerals and even the DNA of medicinal plants. He had an ebullient enthusiasm about his ability to cure disease, almost as if he thrived on seeing sick people, to see how many he could help as quickly as possible. And he charged next to nothing. Even the poor could pay for his medicines, and for some reason, there were a lot of us. But you can't do your job too well in the medicine business. We heard the AMA busted him and shortly thereafter he became very difficult to find. Now nobody can find him. If you're out there, Ray, drop us an email.

go here for Dr. Brown's biography

www.american-buddha.com...

One of the main problems I see with this Atlantis business is that everytime someone finds something they scream "I found Atlantis!!!!" That hurts the movement and turns everyone off. Why not just say "I found something extremely interesting" and work from there? Stop trying to tie everything in with Atlantis. I'm sure there were many advanced civilizations before our modern times. Some more advanced than our own technology. By tying everything in with Atlantis you close yourself off to the possibility and exploration of anything else.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 08:00 PM
link   
The discoverers of the ruins near Cuba said this to a reporter, in 2001, after the announcement was made by Reuters.

"Recently, I (the reporter) was able to talk with her husband, Paul Weinzweig. At first, he did not want to say anything on the record because he said that after the Reuters article, Cuban officials asked him to not do any more media interviews until there is hard photographic evidence of what's underwater. I said all I wanted on the record for radio was a status report about what his wife, Paulina Zelitsky, had already talked about with Reuters. I also pointed out that ABC and Disney got to use a clip from the ADC research ship to promote Disney's animated feature about Atlantis. Mr. Weinzweig finally agreed to say a few guarded comments."

This is from a portion of an earthfiles.com news article.
(but to access it you need to subscribe.)

www.earthfiles.com...

[edit on 26-8-2004 by lostinspace]

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Do a google search for 'atlantis' and 'cuba' and you'll find a wealth of info on the pyramid and other discoveries off the cost of Cuba, who some think is the long lost Atlantis.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I'm not sure why alot of people want to claim they found Atlantis. I would be happy if people just stated they found ruins of an advanced civilization that's at least 10,000 years old. This simple realization if proven enough for everyone would rewrite the history books. I am very interested in pics and locations of all of these ancient ruins too. I still have very vivid memories of the underwater pyramid I saw on a tv show. I haven't heard hardly anything else about it since then.

I did find a very interesting web site the other day that suggested a past advanced civilization here on Earth had destroyed itself back to the stone age through the use of nuclear and other devastating weapons. That's a sobering thought that mankind may have built advanced civilizations repeated times to only destory himself back to the stone age. I can imagine it happening all over again too.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 01:58 PM
link   
i agree with everyone who thinks it has sumthin to do with Atlantis. all the stories say it's a city the sank under the ocean, and finding a pyramid and other underwater structures could be just that. and that leads me to think sumthin else... this is a little off topic, but the mystery of the Great Pyramids. IF (and only if my hypothesis is true) the underwater structures and pyramid is Atlantis, then couldnt mean that the Great Pyramids were built by the Atlanteans. I mean they are supposedly a very technologically advanced civilization, so they couldve done it.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Josh Man
finding a pyramid and other underwater structures could be just that.

except that a pyramid and other structures haven't been found.

I mean they are supposedly a very technologically advanced civilization, so they couldve done it.

according to who?

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

finding a pyramid and other underwater structures could be just that.

except that a pyramid and other structures haven't been found.

I mean they are supposedly a very technologically advanced civilization, so they couldve done it.

according to who?

ummm... the whole point of this thread is they found an underwater pyramid, so... yea they hav been found.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 10:32 AM
link   

the whole point of this thread is they found an underwater pyramid, so... yea they hav been found.

No, they haven't. Just because someone post's a thread to a webforum doesn't mean the contents are true. What evidence is there of this underwater pyramid you are saying exists?

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
No, they haven't. Just because someone post's a thread to a webforum doesn't mean the contents are true. What evidence is there of this underwater pyramid you are saying exists?

ok look at this site posted earlier in the thread...
www.satellitediscoveries.com...
it's pics of them taken from satelites.

and about sites not being true... well i guess what we know is all based on what the media wants us to know, so u can believe what you want, and i can believe what i want...

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I am interested in finding out more info on these supposed pyramids in the Caribbean. I noticed the satellite photos seem to show 3 sided or triangular pyramid structures if I looked at them correctly. I was wondering if that could be a natural formation. Now I did see a "real pyramid" on a tv show. However this could have been staged and I haven't heard of any big research effort underway and big discoveries since the show appeared years ago. Maybe somebody did find something and it is secret. I just don't know. Maybe the water is too murky and no one else has been able to find that location yet.

I did read of recent reports of possible ruins west of cuba but there don't seem to be too many details of what is there so far. Any divers or anyone with real pics and info feel free to post.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join