It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mum suffocates five young sons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Mum suffocates five young sons

www.news.com.au

A GERMAN court committed a woman to indefinite psychiatric care on Thursday for suffocating her five young sons with plastic rubbish bags.

The 32-year-old woman, named only as Steffi K., had been found guilty of killing the boys, aged between 3 and 9 years old, in the village of Darry in the northern state of Schleswig-Holstein.

Police had found the bodies of the five boys in a house in Darry last December. The woman gave herself up and admitted doping the children before killing them.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Read the article. Some German clinics have heated hutches for unwanted babies to be deposited. The hutch sets off an alarm when a baby is placed inside.

What the friggin hell is wrong with people in this world??? Babies are not unwanted puppies or kittens!!!

This is ridiculous. This 'mother' needs to be put down. She's too far gone to save.

www.news.com.au

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw

There is nothing quite so horrifying as when a mother kills her children. It's just not supposed to happen. When it does people's reactions are usually rage and horror.

There have been cases worse than this one, where the mother killed because she felt the children were in the way of a relationship or something she wanted to do. To me, that's unforgivable.

This woman has a mental illness. Even if she spends the rest of her days in a mental institution she will probably never forgive herself once she realizes what she actually did.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw

i am really starting to hate my self for clicking these topics
makes me sick reading about how one person could do this to their kids,
being a uncle my self it makes me even more sick

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 04:43 AM
link   
It's UNBELIEVABLE the way these stories are portrayed in the news.
Yes, Iam a mom, and I DO feel horrible for those children. But there IS another side to this story.
Did anyone notice that the mother was acting strangely? Her husband, or other family members or friends?
Does she have a history of mental illness?
Is there a chance she suffered post partum depression leading to psychosis?
*OH THERE OPENS A CAN OF WORMS.*
Many believe that it doesn't exist. It does.
Two months after the birth of my son, I started having nightmares, hearing voices, and having hallucinations. Not that I wanted to hurt my children, but that I had to protect them. I was convinced that my house was going to burn down.
This lasted for about a month, then it went away.
I didn't know till years later what my problem was.
I have no history of mental problems, and it has not happened since.
I feel sorry for the children, and the mother. Someone could have stepped in and prevented this from happening.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Oh this is so sad...I cant believe someone could do this to their babies, it makes me cringe just thinking about it!

These mothers need serious help!

I dont want to even think about this!

...come on 5 children?...jeez :shk:

[edit on 8/15/2008 by Givenmay]

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

I had a similar experience. I had to stop watching the news because I started fearing that someone was going to break into my apartment and kill me in my sleep and leave my then very young children to fend for themselves.

I think the fact that she had so many kids didn't help either. No offense to anyone who has a lot of kids but for some women, having a lot of kids with little help taking care of them can be very stressful and not everyone can handle that much stress.

If you are a person that is sensitive to stress, please get he tubes tied after 2 kids!

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by snowflake_obsidian

Thanks Snowflake. I don't feel so alone now. The really freaky part was this..
I was positive of even the date of the fire, Dec.22.
We wound up having unexpected company that night, relatives bearing gifts for my kids.
It wasn't our old farmhouse that burned that night.
It was a house two roads over, that was the spitting image of our house, as both had been built by the same family. I still have the newspaper article with the picture. A little psychic there.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I still think that she needs to be drugged, then a plastic bag tied around her head...

There is no redemption for killing five children like that. Spare her whatever miserable life that she's got left and let her rest in peace.

Some people, by their actions, forfeit their place in a society. She's one of them. You just can't forgive or forget what she did.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Oh my, how much would the children have suffered

Instead of psychatric care she should have been jailed for life.

[edit on 15-8-2008 by peacejet]

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I'm just so deeply saddened that something like this could happen.
Human nature shocks me sometimes.

I have no other words that can express my feelings. :shk:

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
The mother obviously has aserious psychological problem and needs to be cared for, securly. If she ever has children again then it would be in their best interests to be removed from her care.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I see more sick and demented people nowadays than normal ones. ;( I wonder what the heck is going on in the world to make people do such horrific things?

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by peacejet
Oh my, how much would the children have suffered

Instead of psychatric care she should have been jailed for life.

[edit on 15-8-2008 by peacejet]

This reply worries me more than the act commited. Simply because so many people react with such similar vitriol and it never sovles the problem. The woman needs help, if she has children again then they should be taken off of her out of the history of her behavior. However lets remember the hormonal impacts of child birth and the general impacts of dealing with so many children.

I'm not a liberal i'm just being careful how this is addressed.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by tezzajw

Read the article. Some German clinics have heated hutches for unwanted babies to be deposited. The hutch sets off an alarm when a baby is placed inside.

What the friggin hell is wrong with people in this world??? Babies are not unwanted puppies or kittens!!!

This is ridiculous. This 'mother' needs to be put down. She's too far gone to save.

www.news.com.au

this is why they test lsd on psychiatric patients.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Most of the women that do something like this are psychotic.

Isn't it funny how when a mother offs her kids it makes national or even world news?

Fathers killing their kids is FAR more common, and often it has nothing to do with psychosis, the guy just got mad at the wife or girlfriend and decided to punish her by killing the children. There were two cases of that happening in Atlanta within a week of eachother. In one case the guy shot his 4 kids and then himself because his girlfriend went out dancing and he was upset. Did that make world news??? Why not?

I guess its just a lot more fun to highlight these stories about crazy mothers and then go off on hate rants isn't it? Yup.

[edit on 17-8-2008 by Sonya610]

new topics

top topics

join