It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FOXNews-12 yr old SanFrancisco Girl to Russian Troops: Thank You

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
Every news station is saying that Russia attacked Georgia

Because Russia did attack Georgia...Georgian troops aren't in Russia, are they?

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by SaviorComplex

Both Georgia and Russia are agrressors. What to me is increasingly frustrating is the slanted reporting by the MSM. Tell it like it is - Georgia attacked South Ossetia which caused Russia to respond. They responded at first to protect the citizens of South Ossetia. What they are doing now is imperialistic and has substantial geo-political implications. But there too... wasn't the response predictable? Georgia or whoever orchestrated the attack on South Ossetia must clearly have been able to predict what Russia would do. So why do it? It's a "Grand Chessboard." The great chess-players think many many moves ahead and the players in this game are world champions.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Did people not read this part?

Fox News even had to cut them off right in the middle of the account of Georgian aggression even though they had just come from a commercial break 2 minutes prior to that.

They already had a commercial break 2 mins prior

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by enigmania
reply to post by TKainZero

So, what are you saying? Was the video meant as propaganda?

If it is, it is exactly the opposite of what FOX has been reporting the last days. So this would only hurt their version.

because sheperd smith is too stuipd to see if any of the girls story is even true...........it is easily verified.................most likely she is just a 'plant" by "puti-put".............

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Here is a solution

Russia is the largest country in the world

Some people living in Georgia seem to like Russia life better

How about those particular people move to Russia rather than have Russia move to them? Russia seems to want to help those people out so much.

Everybody wins :-)

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
ITs are WAR....innocent people always get killed in War. How can people tell the difference between one another when everyone is running around with guns from the sky?

Russia still has the largest land mass.....exactly WHY not use more of their frozen tundra for a nice Georgian exile for those who wish to live under mothers rule?

[edit on 15-8-2008 by Alferd Packer]

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
So here is another take... supposedly right out of Russias mouth.

This states it is Ossetians attacking Georgians!

This from the NY Times

The identities of the attackers vary, but a pattern of violence by ethnic Ossetians against ethnic Georgians is emerging and has been confirmed by some Russian authorities. “Now Ossetians are running around and killing poor Georgians in their enclaves,” said Maj. Gen. Vyacheslav Nikolaevich Borisov, the commander in charge of the city of Gori, occupied by the Russians.

[edit on 15-8-2008 by Quazga]

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alferd Packer
ITs are WAR....innocent people always get killed in War. How can people tell the difference between one another when everyone is running around with guns from the sky?

Russia still has the largest land mass.....exactly WHY not use more of their frozen tundra for a nice Georgian exile for those who wish to live under mothers rule?

[edit on 15-8-2008 by Alferd Packer]

Because what Russia wants is respect. And want to rebuild what was lost, and they've lost lots of respect. Most of Russia is void of human life. There's a bunch of nice cities, but they're all in the west part of Russia. For a long time that included Poland, Lituania, Estonia, part of Finland, Georgia, Kazahstan, Ukraine. And now they dare to say they're independent.

I may be biased on the subject (so may be the Russians, that are being taught in school that they "rescued" their citizens from Poland on 17th of september 1939, now they are "rescuing" Russians from the Georgians) but Russia won't back up. They back up now - they loose a propaganda war.

Not to mention they have been waitting for that. They have the biggest military complex in Kaukaz just near North Osetia and it's been there since the Georgian separation.

And of course US wins partially too - now Poland (namely my country) will have an easier way of convincing polish society to accept the newly signed "anti-rocket shield" treaty (signed yesterday), with Patriots batteries before 2012.

Yes, Russia had their peace-keeping forces there. It was just a matter of time. But then again - how an involved country can be keeping peace in the region?

It's a perfect WW3 scenarion. Americans are being taught that it's all russian fault. Russians albo hear only one truth, that the Georgians are to blame for everything (including the alleged genocide, but so far the Russians are shooting the labeled press vehicles [turkish]).

What I wait for now is for Russian to turn the gas valve for Europe, just before getting the anti-rocket shield for a target

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOracle
They are Heroes and did the right thing in dismantling any capability for further killings by the georgian army.

Let me tell you this, if Russia didnt intervene, the georgians would have carried on their cleansing with impunity because they are backed by the West.

Reports of ethnic cleansing may have been exaggerated.

According to Human Rights Watch...

early Russian accounts of casualties, which in the first days of fighting reached 2,000, were far too high. In Tskhinvali , where the heaviest fighting took place, the local hospital received 44 corpses and 273 wounded people from Aug. 6, after clashes between separatists and Georgians, to Aug. 12, the report said, citing a doctor...The report quoted the doctor as saying that the majority of the wounded were affiliated with the military... SOURCE

They are Heroes and did the right thing in dismantling any capability for further killings by the georgian army.

But don't seem to care one bit about ethnic cleansing that they admit is now occuring. Such heroic actions.

Dozens of houses were on fire on Tuesday in the northern suburbs of Tskhinvali, the capital of South Ossetia. Reporters saw armed men moving on the streets, carting away electronics and other household items. It was not clear who the men were. They did not appear to be part of the Russian forces, but the Russians were not stopping them.

“We’re not a police force, we’re a military force,” said a Russian lieutenant colonel in response to a reporter’s question. “It’s not our job to do police work.”

It all sounds very familiar...

Between February 8 and 13 Abkhaz separatist militia and their allies attacked the villages and populated areas of Gali region, killing, raping and destroying houses (approximately 4,200 houses were destroyed as the result). Despite the presence of Russian CIS peacekeeping forces, the massacres and mass killing of ethnic Georgians was carried out between 1995-1996 which resulted in 450 death and thousands of IDPs fleeing eastwards. In 1997, more than 1,300 civilians perished, thousands of houses burned and hundreds of cultural centers and churches looted. By 1998, almost all of ethnic Georgian population (approximately 50,000 people) in Gali region was forcefully driven out. SOURCE

Heroic, indeed. Let me ask you, considering history and what is happening now, do you really think the Kremlin is concerned with ethnic-cleansing?

Or, to use your own words...

Is that what you advocate?

[edit on 15-8-2008 by SaviorComplex]

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
maps.google.com...

Very strategic isn't it?

The gods are moving the chess pieces.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
Very strategic isn't it?

The gods are moving the chess pieces.

Almost like a 21st Century version of the Great Game, set in the Trans-Caucaus, isn't it?

It seems others are thinking this way too: The New Great Game. The 2nd South Ossetian War may be a new front in the game.

And something else to consider along those lines: The Trans-Caspian Pipeline.

The aim of the Trans-Caspian Gas Pipeline project is the transportation of natural gas from Kazakhstan and Turkmenistan to central Europe, circumventing both Russia and Iran.

[edit on 15-8-2008 by SaviorComplex]

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SaviorComplex

Yes. Can it be anything other? I fear it will be the end of us.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Did you know that every day all the news that means anything must go through the White House before it can be told? That's why they shut it down. They knew it was a touchy subject and that Bush would not approve. Fox News is run by Bush's cousin. Did you know that too? The media is told what they can and can not show. That's why they go after celebrities and violent crimes so much, because it's allowed.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I gave up on the national media when they spent two solid days talking about John Edward's sex scandal while this conflict raged on.

[edit on 15-8-2008 by Cherokee Eyes]

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
This girl of 12 is doing what all kids that age would do. She is saying whatever she was coached by adults to say beforehand. The interview being cut off was just normal for an interview that goes to long or runs into a hard break. No conspiracy there.

Georgia is a free, sovereign nation with borders recognized by the UN and the World. Georgia has a democratically elected government. The break-away areas exist only in the Russians imaginations. Russia has invaded Georgia and is trying to slowly take it over. While I was typing this it is being reported Russia is now enlarging the areas it calls break-away zones.

Those are facts. Carefully coached 12 year olds are propaganda.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
@ SaviourComplex, I've been watching this story unfold from the beginning. It started out with Georgia shooting down Russian planes (I don't think they were millitary planes either, can't remember), so Georgia were the ones starting it, they threw the first punch, then Russia retaliated and shot back, then after the two kids duked it out a bit, Russia tried to send over some peace keepers and Georgia shot them as well, not sounding like the good guys much eh?

Now please, for the love of God and all things sacrid, don't just spew things out back at me like calling me a liberal or some BS the Bill O'Rielly always does. I know it's popular to call people liberals, kooks, ect., by people who gobble down anything the gov or media says if someone opposes that, but please, don't resort to calling me names or saying I'm this or that just because I've given my opinion on the actual facts that have been shown.

With that said as an answer to your question SaviourComplex.
I just had to add the rest just so I could make it clear to you and other people (like some of the republicans on here), that I am not a Liberal/Democrat or whatever, I have a lot of conservative values (I'm agianst abortion ect.), but I don't believe everything that the gov or media says. Our government here in the U.S. is just as just, true and righteous as any other, meaning they are corrupt, because they are controled by human beings, human beings are corruptable, to say that the US is the best place in the world is BS, it's just a piece of land like any other and our government is just as corrupt as any other.

Now, my question on the forum is did anyone else notice that the news guy was talking to someone from his earpeice? You can't see it, but you can hear it. I wonder what he was saying? Also if anyone had access to the satelite transmission that doesn't show commercials, I think it's your duty to upload what you may have recorded on here, I think we could all benifit on what the truth is concerning this matter if you did.

-Jimmy

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
wow..MSNBC pulled this page from thier website..
www.msnbc.msn.com...

U.S.-Georgia training begins amid Russia strain
Officials: Exercises unrelated to friction between Moscow, ex-Soviet state

basically the US is trying to garner resent of Russia...they(NWO.US) wants to start another cold war...

look at the big picture....the truth is out there

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Skipper1975

If they just pulled it, then why am I able to view it?
(Sorry for oneliner Mods)

[Edit]
Oops, nevermind lol.

-Jimmy

[edit on 15-8-2008 by jimmyjackblack]

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Quazga

I don't think most are necessarily defending Russia's actions as they are just trying to point out that there is an entire side of this horrible fiasco that has been cut out of the media in order to get us to see it only one way, that Russia attacked Georgia and won't stop.

So anything that even comes out portraying Georgia as the bad guy in this ALSO is censored or automatically disregarded.

Yes, Russia needs to stop attacking but pointing out that a Georgian reporter got shot doesn't necessarily prove anything. They are BOTH the bad guys in this. But the media and the government want to paint Georgia as purely the victim being attacked by big bad Russia so that Americans will support a possible military strike against Russia on our part and also so that we won't complain when we just sent millions of dollars to poor lil Georgia.

Georgia is just as guilty in this but the media and the government don't want you to see it that way.

I find it odd that everyone who does see Georgia as the victim automatically wants to discredit any information to the contrary. But most who see Georgia as the bad guy as well as Russia don't deny that Russia has done a lot of wrong too, but at least they see that Georgia is also guilty and that's what people need to see.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Money, Power, Revenge and Greed is what makes our world go round. I think this planet it really Hell. Humanity is so bloody barbaric.
We will never learn.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join