It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Operation In Georgia To Protect Iran?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I have a great feeling, that whole recent operation in Georgia is to protect Iran from coming/possible US/Israel attack.

In this theory, what kind of proofs you have, what you think?

Georgia is a frontier country for Iran, between Russia and Iran, and opening this land connection from Russia to Iran has many advantages for challenging US interests and its plans. If USA is going to bomb or invade Iran, its very important to open supply, and emergency route straight to its great ally, Russia.

I hope I am wrong in my feelings, and this operation is limited only to secure Ossetia, where Russians had international support to protect peace in region, but timing is very alarming. By destroying now the capability of Georgian army, they will have only limited task to roll over the country, if US is making their decision to bomb Iran. After this battle, Russia has better positions to enter deeper to Georgia, all the way to border of Iran, and they will have only limited resistance in their way there. I think that this operation has been only a great warning to US and Israel.

Also its interresting that China has been totally quiet all this time from happenings, so, they have give their full support, maybe even finance to the war, in this operation with Russia.

Maybe Georgia was making their attack to Ossetia to only drive Russians further from borders, but some misscalculation has been made in their cabinets. Game of war and international politics is Mr Putins speciality, "you cant beat the master of the game."

Russia has now shown their force, and will to fight for their interests.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
One word for your post. Yup...you old scallywag...I'd give you points if I knew how!!! Read some of my other posts, I've said the same thing...and more there is a lot brewing...I'd make a shelter if I were you ;[

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN
I have a great feeling, that whole recent operation in Georgia is to protect Iran from coming/possible US/Israel attack.

In this theory, what kind of proofs you have, what you think?

Georgia is a frontier country for Iran,

Stop right there.

This whole thing involves the presidential campaign of John McCain. It has nothing to do with Iran.

It has to do with Russia (rightly) feeling threatened by our military posture in their backyard; and them pushing back. And it clearly illustrates where dealing with McCain will get you in real terms.

McCain (probably) assured Georgia's president Saakashvili that if he went to war with Russia, we would have his back. And that's a promise we can't make right now b/c of Iraq and Afghanistan.

This whole thing is about how very dangerous and incompetent a leader John McCain would be.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Um...right....well it would boost MCains numbers as he is seen as old guard. Yes Russia was defending S Ossetta. But only because they are about to start WWIII! Yikes man look at the fleet going to Iran(4 us carriers--maybe 5). The US Goaded Georgia to attack Ossetia to draw them out early. It's not working completely, but it worked a little. Look at a map and see the relationship to Iran. I like Obama more than McCain because McCain led the fight on legalization of certain things/individuals that are hurting the US. Though they are both selling out to "big money."

top topics

join