It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Capitis Deminutio Maxima-Hoax?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
With all this talk about two systems of law, gold-fringed flags, not entering a court room, etc., I still seem to have difficulty understanding one of the cornerstones of the belief that we, as natural people, not citizens, are not subject to the USC, etc.

I looked up "capitis deminutio maxima" in Black's Law Dictionary, 8th Edition, page 223.

capitis deminutio maxima
Maximum reduction of status. The diminution of a person's legal status as a result of being reduced to slavery.

Can someone PLEASE explain how this, in any way, relates to the spelling, capitalization or punctuation of a name?

I then went to the next term in the dictionary

capitis deminutio minima
The diminution of a person's legal status involving a change of familiy, while both citizenship and freedom were retained.

Can someone PLEASE explain how this, in any way, relates to the spelling, capitalization or punctuation of a name?

The next term, pages 223-224

capitis deminution minor
The diminution of a person's legal status involving a loss of citizenship, but not freedom. Under the Empire, banishment for life to an island or other restricted area had this effect. Also termed capitis deminutio media

Also on page 224 is the term 'caput'. Caput is the root for capitis. It simply means:

caput
1. Hist. A head, chief or principal person.
2. Roman Law. A person.
3. Roman Law. A person's condition or status.

So back to the infamous capitis deminution maxima

I've seen several threads on these boards regarding this term or similar.
It seems a common problem is misspelling the term in various ways:
capitis: capitus
deminutio: diminution, diminus
maxima: maximus

These are probably fairly trivial, right? But if we're gonna quote Black's, let's quote it the right way. Unless, the Black's Law Dictionary I just read in my local library is wrong. I implore every reader here to go their own local library, in the reference section, likely around call number 344, and take the Black's Law Dictionary off the shelf. If it's the 8th Edition, the page numbers should match, and there should be no mention of spelling, capitalization or punctuation!

Someone, anyone, PLEASE tell me how I equate the capitalization of my name into the loss of rights such as: family rights, liberty rights and citizenship rights (known as "tria capita")?

My guess is that because capitis looks so much like capital, capitalized, capitalization, someone, somewhere made the false connection.

The simple fact that a person's name may appear in all capital letters does not mean they are a slave. Simply capitalizing the letters of your name does not subject you to slavery or make you a slave! Rather, if you are first made a slave, you have now experienced capitis deminutio maxima as defined by Roman Empire Law. You are a slave, not because your name is capitalized, but because someone MADE YOU A SLAVE--simple!

If you committed a crime and were not enslaved, but banished from Rome, you would have then experienced capitis deminution minor; loss of citizenship, but not freedom.

Now, before anyone writes a heated reply saying I'm dumb, or missed the point, or didn't get my facts straight, believe me when I say I desperately want to believe! I want to find out how the government is screwing me and stealing my income. I want to know how to remove myself from the matrix. I want out of the machine. Help me understand, please.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I understand your frustration and question.

The terminology and definitions you describe are valid. Name capitalization, in my opinion, may be a 'red herring'. It's not about what a citizen is, its about what a citizen has and who can take it away from you.

Property is the key. To most 'being' property means being a slave.

Ultimately, the BAR and the Judiciary have played a game of obfuscation to remove the possibility of challenges to their authority as officers of the court. I know people who claim that name capitalization if an element of this process. Like you, I can't see the connection established in any legal writing I can find.

Alternately, the preference of the commercial code to the constitutional is evident. Contractually, your identity is your own, it's redefinition does not fall under anyone's authority but your own.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Hey I just want to thank you for posing this question. I've been It has really opened my mind up. If this is a load of crap, perhaps all the other stuff is too... 911, Bohemian Grove, Kennedy, etc. Are there any conspiracies that you DO subscribe to?

idontusuallydothissortofthing@gmail.com

Seriously, thanks again.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
But why then, doe smy last name appear in all caps on all my federal documents?

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

I got interested in the name capitalization thing when I noticed there was no writing manual that authorized such a thing. All writing manuals call for lower case when spelling a name. Still, it could just be for emphasis. Maybe they didn't no they were misspelling my name?

Well, that was before I tried it in court. I asked the judge if I could appear as a third party for the juristic entity they named and that I was not that entity. He let me approach as a third party then proceeded to enter a not guilty plea on my corporate name's behalf. Whatever, right?

Well, next time I go to court they put me dead last in a room of 50+ people. Then the judge called in two giant deputies and had them stand just feet away from me and said, "Listen, you are in my courtroom, and this is how it's going to work: I've heard your capitalization argument and if you use it again I will hold you in contempt of court and send you to jail." It was justice at gunpoint!! Here in AmeriKa!!

new topics

top topics

join