It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Georgian Reporter shot on live TV (VIDEO)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I just find it very strange that a reporter is the target for any sniper. That's not what snipers do, taking out the media. Why would either side take out a reporter? Something seems fishy.

As far as being an actual sniper, I doubt it. Maybe he was a regular soldier, taking a shot with a sniper rifle. It takes a lot of practice to get good at the sort of thing. If he was a real sniper, he was trying to miss. A non-moving target like that.. naw.. she'd not be alive, if they wanted her dead.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
you people make a conspiracy out of absolutely everything , how do you people live your daily lives? it amazes me.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mindsmog
you people make a conspiracy out of absolutely everything , how do you people live your daily lives? it amazes me.

What I wonder is, how you live your daily life, constantly wondering and being amazed at how other people live there daily lives.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
When you need that check at the first of the month.....

She had to do what she had to do. Don't imagine jobs are too easy to come by in the combat zone.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Ok, havent read the whole thread ...
I was shooting with yugoslav version of Dragunov sniper rifle in the military. It punched a hole through 3 bricks. Now M-76 has a caliber of 7.9 mm, Dragunov I believe is 7.56 or smtn.

If she would be shot with that, it would tear off her little wrist. As it seems it was a puncture wound.

This is a PR war, my dear americans.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Since when does the Sun have any credibility.
The same can also be said about some reporters who are also paid to lie and spread propaganda. The truth is that you have nothing to go on, apart from your own imagination to fill in the blanks.
Since we are all speculating. I reckon it was the kitty cat shooting from sixth floor of the book depository warehouse. Obviously a lousy shot.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illahee
When you need that check at the first of the month.....

She had to do what she had to do. Don't imagine jobs are too easy to come by in the combat zone.

Yep spot on there, will open up many opportunities for interviews with appearance money, plus job opportunities for being the famed shot at war reporter.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Imagine that was a .50cal round? Woulda been nasty... No arm and no body or head.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by global_cordon
Imagine that was a .50cal round? Woulda been nasty... No arm and no body or head.

You would have liked that I can imagine.

Now imagine that woman was your mother or your sister.

Very funny!!

HA HA HA.

I hate people.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

Oh i agree...100% Plus she wouldnt have much of an arm left. Im a former Brit soldier and i know what a round does.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
sounds like alot of BS to me

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Aw come on guys! all this talk about the sniper being a good shot or a bad shot.
Haven't you ever seen gun play before? Amatures miss most of the time! Pros only hit close to their mark most of the time. 100% dead center snipes are only in the movies and video games. The rest is just luck and percentage!
The little lady got shot. A reporter! That is the story! It was a cowards act to hit the reporter. Like hitting the red cross, or a puppy you just don't do that.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by kindred

kitty looks determined!
I wonder where he trained.
Glad to see the novel pic!

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by eaganthorn
Aw come on guys! all this talk about the sniper being a good shot or a bad shot.
Haven't you ever seen gun play before? Amatures miss most of the time! Pros only hit close to their mark most of the time. 100% dead center snipes are only in the movies and video games. The rest is just luck and percentage!
The little lady got shot. A reporter! That is the story! It was a cowards act to hit the reporter. Like hitting the red cross, or a puppy you just don't do that.

While I can appreciate staying on topic in a thread, I think this topic has become a discussion concerning the validity of the shooting, and if not valid, what purpose this news report serves

Yet ok....poor girl and war is hell

I still am not comfortable with the content of this video and the implications it represents, yet I remain open

peace

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

This video tells it all.

From what I have seen on TV so far all Russians are just following their orders with great discipline and great organisation. I doubt, I trully doubt they would let any of their soldiers attack any kind of civilian, let alone a reporter to feed even more Georgia propaganda.

You just need to look at both sides. From what I see on TV the Georgian side is total anarchy killing everythin on site. The Russian side go around smiling and waving at the cameras. They all look like neerdie kids

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by _Heretic

Yes, but the point of discussion in/of the sniper and the assuption it was a pro with weapon more often found in video games then in the rurals of Georgia, being disputed by a collective that have never fired a long range shot, except in a video game, never known the real kick of a high powered rifle, seems, well a bit much to take serious. And any true vet or hunter who has had those experiences would be the first one to agree with me. Then there is all the assumption as to what these various cal rounds would do, they seem to disregard that the shot barely grazed the girl's flesh. A canon doesn't do much if its a miss. That's my point, the girl got shot. yeah war is hell, she should of expected it, yada, yada, still you just don't shoot a civy with a mic in her hand.......or puppies

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
i own an ak 47 and a 7.62 x 39 round would have left that little wrist of hers looking quite messy. she also would have been screaming and moaning like bloody murder.

my personal opinion is:
a) either completely fake and done with fake blood for propaganda while the camera jostles around.

b) done with some sort of air powered bb gun. someone probably just paid her $50,000 to let them shoot her in the arm and blame it on a "russian sniper".

i have a bb in my middle finger and she is showing less pain then i did when i got shot. there is no way she got shot by a real bullet and "just walked it off". if real bullets had been flying those reporters would have crapped themselves and got the hell out of dodge...not sit around taking pretty pictures of each others bullet wounds. also all reporters in war zones wear their flack jackets if in danger. they dont put hers on though till after she gets "shot". hmmmm.

once again. propaganda. think of the motives for who would want to stage this. use your logic. this whole set up is illogical.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
not to hijack the thread but I would like to refer to a news source from a retired Lt. Col living in Russia here as a means of determining who may be culpable if there was indeed real shots fired on this reporter

Originally posted by Vehemens
www.youtube.com...

This video tells it all.

I also think this sheds light on the issue as well

good find

peace

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by wolfmanjack

Originally posted by cavscout
reply to post by jsobecky

Thank you jsobecky.

As embarrassed as I am that I can’t spell, I am more embarrassed that I got dragged into debate with an obvious troll over it.

hey mate Don't sweat it .. I can't spell worth a damn ether
And if cautiouslypessimistic isn't a troll hes a 13-15 year old who knows absolutly nothing about firearms etc.

[edit on 14-8-2008 by wolfmanjack]

Ya know, I've posted video evidence that flat out DISPROVES the statements this person has made about what they claim to know. I can post more if you like.

I for one am sick and tired of the personal attacks on this site. Not one statement that I have made about this subject has been proven wrong (short of my knowledge of spellcheck devices). I have posted evidence. I have received nothing but "you're a troll" 'Your an idiot" and "I'm more qualified than you". I ask, who is acting like a troll here?

Bottom line, I have a suggestion to you, and all ATSers out there: If you are too much of a mental midget to hold a debate about a subject while being able to back up your claims without immediately going to immature insults and namecalling, DONT BOTHER REPLYING. Some on here wish to have discussions about the topics at hand, and can do so in a civil manner. If you cannot, maybe it's time to utilize the ignore button.

Carry on.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join