It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Expansion of Nevada Test Site to include Area 51."

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
"Expansion of Nevada Test Site to include Area 51."

On Wednesday, another federal agency, the Department of Labor, sliced through that veil of secrecy, posting on its Web site a bulletin to its workers' compensation staff titled: "Expansion of Nevada Test Site to include Area 51." The bulletin opens the door for hundreds of Area 51 claimants who stand to receive $150,000 or more under the Energy Employees Occupational Illness Compensation Program.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Department of Labor document

The link goes to the DOL document regarding Area 51. Noe that in the past, the government used to refer to the "operating base near Groom Lake."

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by gariac

good find!!! Interesting that the DOE is solidifying its jurisdiction over Area 51. I wonder why now, has this been done so blatantly before gariac? And on top of that, not calling it Groom Lake, or Homey Airport... hmmm

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

Look at an USAF base, then look at a DOE facility. It is easy to see who gets the money (USAF) and who doesn't (DOE). I think the DOE flexes whatever muscle it can in order not to slip further down the food chain. For instance, the DOE is very particular about USAF overflights or use of KDRA. I heard over Groom departure that a 737 wanted to do a touch and go on KDRA after it left Groom. The USAF negotiated getting the right to do one touch and go. Like the wear and tear of one landing is going to make a difference.

I noticed that at the TTR, the USAF and DOE have their own buses. Like it would kill them to share.

The only sharing I've ever seen with the government and military are trunked radio systems, and that is only because there is an executive order requiring facilities to share trunk system if they are located physically to each other.

Note there is fallout near Area 51 from the DOE. It is area 13, project 57, You can go to the Unclesam version of Google and get the official hits by googling project 57 nts.
google uncle sam

new topics

top topics

join