It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Doomsday Fright Train

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Yes fright train, because I'm pretty scared.

Here are some things that concern me at this time.

-We are now firmly in a cold war standoff with Russia.

-The new cold war has become warm, with this crazy Georgia situation.

-The DNC concerns me, I don't know what is going to happen, but I just know without a doubt it isn't going to be good, and I have been praying for the city of Denver.

-The saber rattling concerning Iran has not ceased, and I think the neocon regime is desperate enough that they may pull something that is totally insane. (false flag)

-Wall street is still drunk.

-I don't think we have seen the full effect of the credit, housing bubbles.

Anyway when you add these factors together, you get a recipe for at least chaos, if not full destruction.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I dont think its going to total destruction but i think were in for some turbelant times ahead and the govornment is making it worse by the day

just hang in there and try not to worry.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by downtown436

Calm down my friend. No need to be scared. You cannot function properly when you are engulfed in fear.

Yes, we are having financial problems. Yes we are hearing a lot of saber rattling. This is nothing new. It has been worse. I remember going through the Bay of Pigs ordeal. People thought we were going to war. It worked itself out.

Russia is just being a bully right now but will quieten down soon.

Best we can do is get ourselves prepared for possible hard times. Keep a level head and watch what's happening.

The government, the citizens, and big corporations have been consumed by greed and now we have a financial mess. Many folks are having to make lifestyle changes but we will survive.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I'm not scared for my own personal safety or anything like that, I'm scared for the fate of the world. I'm well prepared for pretty much any contingency, anything less than getting directly nuked, and I'll be ok.

I just see lots of stuff going wrong all of a sudden. An acceleration of doom if you will.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Ye i know what you mean if its not u getting hurt or dying its someone else
this world needs to open up and help each other instead of killing ourselves.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
It's not the people of the world that are the problem, it's the governments. I guess that makes me an anarchist, but I just don't see a need for government at all. It just causes death, taxation, warfare, and oh did I mention death.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   

I do understand how you feel. The talk about the draft has me a bit concerned as I have 4 teenage grandsons.

My family has always been very patriotic and I too love my country even though I don't like our government. I am torn about how I feel about the future possibility of my "boys" being drafted or volunteering for military service.

Over the years I've done missionary work in third world countries. My work was with medical and dental teams. The absolute horror I saw will never leave my mind. My tears would fill a lake. I feel others pain so deeply.

I have had to learn how to live in the moment. To appreciate every bite of food I eat. Many people do not have water to drink that won't make them sick. This worries me.

Sometimes my fears will come back and have a party in my head. I have learned that I cannot save or change the world. It's a hard lesson.

I try to be the best person I can be and help when I see a need.

Yes I worry and fear for the people of the world. I also do my best to enjoy life as is is right now. I refuse to allow fear to rob me of my happiness. It isn't easy and I do fail at times.

I appreciate you being concerned about your fellow man. Do what you can when you see a need you can fill. That's all we can do. There's still a whole lot of joy in our world. Enjoy life...........it's short.

As for our government, I see no way it can continue on it's path of destruction many more years. In my opinion our people will not tolerate much more mismanagement by the powers in control of our countries. The USA is but one of many countries fed up with their rulers. I believe revolution will come.........it's just a matter of time.

Seems I've gotten off subject so I'll stop.

Marilyn

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   

You could be labeled a pessimist with talk like this around here, trust me I know... None of us are psychic, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist, or psychic to figure out that very bad, destructive times are in the making.

One factor many fail to appreciate is just how much Russia sees the European missile defense system as a direct threat to their nation, an offensive threat, because it could render their ability to retaliate following an enemy attack nearly impossible. And they blame the USA, technically when that system is fully operational, the USA could in theory annihilate the Russians, with only a minimal threat of Russian nuclear retaliation on European allies, U.S. bases in Europe or the Middle East or with intercontinental missiles on the USA.

Maybe it would never happen, but the Russians don't like it, especially Putin... Will something like this push the Russian leaders over the edge? to provoke war? To do the unimaginable?

How would the USA react to having a similar Russian system installed in Canada?

I suppose we will find out one way or the other in time.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

No you are not getting off topic at all, and we need a revolution real bad.

Your fear for your young grandsons is not unfounded, and I am of draft age as well. There is a very real possibility of WWIII. The weapons that will be used are utterly horrendous.

Thanks for your missionary work by the way you are a good woman, and will be rewarded.

I enjoy life all I can, I have 4 jobs at the moment, and my wife and I are about to get started having some kids. I just hope I can keep them safe.

[edit on 14-8-2008 by downtown436]

top topics

join