It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America is not afraid to kick Russia out of Georgia

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Let's all join the fight! Everyone gather your friends, children, grandchildren, no matter what the age. Put a weapon in there hand. Teach them how to use it and lets kill everything and anything that doesn't bow down to the USofA. Hey come on all you folks who type dribble but do nothing about it except scream war. A nuclear strike, Yeah, "That's The Ticket."

Instead of typing about it, go out tomorrow, join the military and when the nukes fly, stand up and yell for the world to hear, "I couldn't wait for this, I'm proud of the millions of innocent people that are being slaughtered."

PS, If your lucky to be alive after the dust clears would you do me a favor and try this!

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by constantwonder
how is georgia at fault????????? every country in the world would squash a rebellion of their people that intended to break away and be independant its called civil war and the russians are helping the rebels lots of countries have civil wars and everyone throws in their hat for the side that best suits their agendas simply blaming the georgians is absurd

heres a comprehensive description of what is going on

www.american.edu...

the russians granted them sovernty from a nation it had conquered so really you can blame the Soviets (not the russian people or the georgian people) communist regime

[edit on 14-8-2008 by constantwonder]

You don't know the history of S.O? Georgians took it by force after the fall of the Soviet Union against the people's will and alot of people died then just like now.South Osetia was never part of Georgia before the Soviet Union.North Osetia is in Russia.Most of South Osetia is made up of russians.Georgia lost South Osetia and they tried to take it back by force at the cost of shelling vilages with heavy fire? How the hell do you fight separatists with katusa rockets launching them over towns filled up with population? Now you can twist this around all you like but this is a fact.There are images , video clips of what happened. South Osetia was never part of Georgia any way, this with you are attaking our nation is crap. S.O never integrated within Georgia it had autonomy that is why there were peace keepers from georgia and russia?.Georgia could not stand for that so they just decided to kill everyone.

Who the hell would call for such an act to kill inocent people and children.Not some one with sanity.I told you , you can dispute it all you like but the fact is that there are pictures with the devastation done to the towns in S.O. and all you can say is it's Russias fault, Russians are to blame blah blah blah.Tell that to the South Osetians that now no longer have a home.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I'm not even going to sign on. All I can say is Oil,Oil,Oil. You want a good read thats right on the money go to www.jmccanneyscience.com Aug.12 post. He lays it all out. If we don't steer away oil and coal and throw everything into changing our reliance on reserves of dead things, we are doomed. The pipeline is what its all about and if it can't go through there the next best router is through Iran and thats what they're trying to distract our attention from. I've said this before " This is not a video game ". Whether it's conventional nukes, biological weapons, neutron bombs or spitballs; you armchair generals can speculate all you want. Dead is Dead. I'm with captiva, CaptGizmo and the rest of you who seem to realize that human life is worth more than the inconvenience of a walk to work. You start this and we'll all be walking to work if there is any left to walk to.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
not sure if you know or not but China is a superpower as well and is an allie of Georgia.China is really pissed when Russia invaded Georgia.if it weren't for the olympics, china would be all over Russia right now.China is the one the that would deal more with Russia then USA.the USA is not really worried about it to much other then sending aid to Georgia.if you do see any military fighting from USA it would be just weapons of ours and maybe a few of our troops to help.but not much.we dont want to mess out an allie with Georgia and Russia.i wouldn't be suprised if China gets involved with this after the olympics end.

[edit on 14-8-2008 by crow618]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Now I signed on. I was going to have a nap which old guys need to do periodically. I just posted anonymously, but to further what I said; Stop. Stop and think about what is really being shoved down our throats as the truth. In my anonymous post I said check out www.jmccanneyscience.com Aug.12 post. He lays it out as far as he sees it. He also has been honest enough to admit his mistakes; see later posts conscerning the weather systems. I'm not going to derail here so be patient. I'm now in passionate mode because I'm concerned about my children, my friends children and my neighbors children. None and I repeat none of us want to see WW!!!. If you want to play a video game, come and see me where I work and we'll sell you one.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedomfighterzero
First of all you guys are acting like a bunch of noobs.
In reality Georgia attacked Russia first and since Georgia is an ally of USA the media is telling you otherwise. This little battle is to distract you from all the navy ships getting ready to attack Iran!!!!!!!!

Di di di!!!!!!!

i did some research before i opened my mouth and my post was intellegantly disputed by pepsi78 (thanks pepsi btw for pointing out my mistake and i conceed my point) i suggest you do the same before labeling people noobs.... where did this georgia attacked russia come into play

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Randy Echo
I was an american in the army back in the early eighties, and I can tell you we were ready to fight them hand to hand if we had to, because we were taught how and why we should do it, in vietnam we had our guys getting shot and killed by russians, and we killed some of them as well, I personally feel that we should push Russia out of georgia, a real war , not dealing with roadside bombs, but whatever measures we need to do it, I don't believe it will ever get nuclear in nature, but if it does we have the best nuclear program in the whole world, and pretty much the best navy, definetly the best airforce,

we are looking like complete wimps right now because we have the men, the tools, the reason, and world opinion on our side right now to do it, we pushed the iraqis out of kuwait and we could push the russians out of Georgia, I think now is the time we grow some resolve and get them invaders out of our allied country, sure they need medicine and tents and towels, which were supplying but what they really need is there big brother to do a little bully removal work, come on america , we need to fight for them as they have fought for us, side by side in iraq.

I am starting this thread because I feel It needs discussed and that I am not alone in this way of feeling, its time to fly that eagle, use some of that expensive secret reseach we have done out in the southwest, lets help our brothers who want to be free from these soldiers that just keep getting deeper and deeper into our brothers country.
Ok,Rambo if you wanna get nuked into the dark ages be my guest,These so called brothers got themselves into this now it's up to thier "fearless" leader to get them out that is of course, if he's not already planning his escape.

[edit on 14-8-2008 by mike dangerously]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Randy Echo, you certainly frighten me a little bit

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   

labeling people noobs.... where did this georgia attacked russia come into play

Have you not seen the news lately?So it's like a bunch of separatists were fighting Georgians in South Osetia for like forever now fror independance.
The Georgians got sick of it and decided to shell the whole place, towns, vilages.As a result of this action alot of the separatists died or were wonded , alot of them ran for their lives and crossed the border to Russia looking back as their homes were gone.Because all of them were separatists because no one wanted Georgia in S.O from S.O because it was the separatists land for generations and generations because the separatists grew up there and it was their land well before the instalment of the soviet union and not Georgian I guess Georgia decided then to bomb the crap out of them since they wanted the separatists land.Separatists= "old people , woman and children." At this time there was no Russian army, only separatists and the Georgians boming the separatist towns and vilages.Because most of the separatists were Russian then Russia came and kicked Georgia's ass because Georgia decided to launch Katusa rockets over the towns were the separatists were living , disturbing their way of life , killing them, and puting them on the run because Georgia wanted the separatist land even if Georgia did not have any cultural or historical clame to the land.
By the way, the separatists were fighting the Georgians because Georgians did not let the separatists be in peace there in their little backward separatist land because the Georgian president is a corupt jack ass.And I think that is about it.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
American Government KNOWS that Georgia truly started this thing by going into S. Ossetia, guns ablazing, killing civilians and Russian Peacekeepers alike. They basicly leveled the Capitol of the region, Tshikinvali, before the Russians showed up to kick them out.

I cant believe how untrue the western media has approached this thing. It was clearly provoked by Georgia, had they not invaded S. Ossetia in a major incursion to kill ALL separtists, basicly an occupation of a people who are predominantly Russian citizens and thus RUSSIAN, this thing would've never happened. In fact, that was the precursor to Russian forces doing what they did. How can a country so freshly independant, so proud to be independant, ruthlessly crush a region that wants independance that is something like 80% russian citizens? You think Russia should've just let their people, their civilians be killed? I mean, forget about the peacekeepers for a minute, they have guns and uniforms, but innocent people? come on..

Georgia started it thinking that Russia was going to be too afraid to muster a major response because "Russia wouldnt attack us since we have the EU and USA on our side!", they grossly miscalculated .. and almost got their entire country destroyed as a result. The Russian warmachine on the ground isn't particularly precise, its not like US military, these guys just go in and level entire towns and cities. Saaksishvilli the Georgian President is lucky that:

a) He's still alive
b) His capital city has not been occupied/destroyed
c) There's still a place on the map called "Georgia" that isn't known for peaches..

[edit on 8/14/2008 by runetang]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Sorry, while heartless, no American should not steppin. Humanitrian aid yes but other support no. Just think who started this little conflict. The Georgians did. Now think back afew years ago, who instigated the ethic cleansing...georgia. It is just wrong to support a pupet governement that does this s#$t. I think the citizens of georgia (regardless of where in georgia they live) should be helped because of the actions of their governement.

The motivation for a swift response may be the pipeline and the candinency of geogia to soon become a NATO member...no doubt about that. The Russians did come down pretty quick, do remember any mobilzation ever happening that fast.

Who I am to voice an opinion anyway, I live in Australia. american does not need to get invovlved in another 'police action' or conflict, what ever you want to term it. America may have a superior force but involvment will only draw this out...NOT THE WAY TO GO. American involvment must be along the lines of the EU in broking an end to this and future security. The quicker this ends the better the population of the area will be.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78

labeling people noobs.... where did this georgia attacked russia come into play

Have you not seen the news lately?So it's like a bunch of separatists were fighting Georgians in South Osetia for like forever now fror independance.
The Georgians got sick of it and decided to shell the whole place, towns, vilages.As a result of this action alot of the separatists died or were wonded , alot of them ran for their lives and crossed the border to Russia looking back as their homes were gone.Because all of them were separatists because no one wanted Georgia in S.O from S.O because it was the separatists land for generations and generations because the separatists grew up there and it was their land well before the instalment of the soviet union and not Georgian I guess Georgia decided then to bomb the crap out of them since they wanted the separatists land.Separatists= "old people , woman and children." At this time there was no Russian army, only separatists and the Georgians boming the separatist towns and vilages.Because most of the separatists were Russian then Russia came and kicked Georgia's ass because Georgia decided to launch Katusa rockets over the towns were the separatists were living , disturbing their way of life , killing them, and puting them on the run because Georgia wanted the separatist land even if Georgia did not have any cultural or historical clame to the land.
By the way, the separatists were fighting the Georgians because Georgians did not let the separatists be in peace there in their little backward separatist land because the Georgian president is a corupt jack ass.And I think that is about it.

im asking please give good references when you reply as to when and where the georgians attacked russia the country and not some russians that were in georgia as rebels or whatever trying to form a breakaway state

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Are you all forgeting that it is Georgia's land to began with.

heres and example.

What if New England wanted to leave the union and be part of England, the majority of the people are of british decent and Britain decided to help them what would America do; they do the exact same thing Georgia is doing.

Who cares if all most all of the population of russians, there are alot of places where most of the population is of another ethnicity than the natives, greenland, iceland, monaco, australia, new zealand, america, of the islands in the atlantic.

Most of the population of North & South America arent native americans

Most of the people whom live on the British Isles arent native britaons but actually Germanic people who came hundreds of years ago.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   

im asking please give good references when you reply as to when and where the georgians attacked russia the country and not some russians that were in georgia as rebels or whatever trying to form a breakaway state

Point A. Just because a nation is independent does not mean it can do what ever it wants within it's border.In this case killing people in their homes.

Point B. Well how about kosovo?Same deal.

Point C. You know you are wrong any way any way you put it actions like this are caried out by a mad man.

By the way, the region had autonomy.It was a deal signed on a pice of paper, that is why there were russian soldiers stantioned there.

You are trying to excuse everything with only one little thing and that is the Georgian border.That no longer stands when you are commiting a masacre demolishing towns and vilages.

Our argument was who started it? Well go figure.
I would like to see what hapens if the mexican authorities begin killing american woman and children inside mexico and then when asked they respond that it was just for fun.What will happen then?

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by oldcop911

amen brother, amen!!!

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
This is a bold move by Russia. I noticed that their forces are bunched up on roads with no concern whatsoever about possible air attack. The way they are moving concerns me. No fear. Do they have something new??? Unexpected like the T-34 in WW2, it sure was an unpleasant surprise for the Germans.
Even Mikhail Gorbechev is sounding hawkish.
I wouldn't dive in on this one.

Also where is Nato's biggest European military sitting on this one? Turkey. Very little is being said that I am aware of. This Turkish Daily is sounding somewhat sympathetic to Russia. www.turkishdailynews.com.tr...

If the West miscalculates perhaps Turkey may isolate itself from its traditional allies. Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is visiting Turkey which must be making Israel crazy... Turkey is a close ally of Israel.

If Georgia falls it will damage the west, but not critically. Ukraine's Military can be quickly reinforced. However a major war with Russia will damage the West and allow other belligerents free reign t do as they please.

I sense a trap, and I wonder if Russia has an answer to the USAF. It would be wise to be cautious.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Liamoville

brainwashing is a joke, they just bring out the natural killer that exists in all of us, they say a woman will kill ten times easier to protect her child than a man will fight for basic survival,

it isn't just a man thing,
I have watched Russia bully the world,
and I am watching it all over again,
and like usually everyone turns it into a "me" thing

oh Im going to die, or my kids got plans, dont you people think
that the guys who ran up on omaha beach had plans too, but imagine
the world now without their sacrifice and ultimate bravery.

maybe we deserve to all die, because the patriot spirit of america
has hidden behind square glasses and bottles of Chardonnay

somebody died so you can be free to say this whimp butt crap
whether you want to admit or not, they did

and if you forsake what made you free, then your not really a
all that great of an american.

use your head, history repeats itself, what and why are we what we are,
worried about fricken gas prices and whether or not your blackberry is fully charged,

what a fricken joke , and not a funny one

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Ughagh

sounds like you left people behind, why?

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by constantwonder
where did this georgia attacked russia come into play

uhm .. let me explain it for you and everyone reading since your media is actively lieing to you, and people around you are perpetuating these lies as a result.

Once upon a time, South Ossetia and Georgia were both apart of a Country called "Soviet Union". When Soviet Union broke up into smaller Countries, one was called Georgia, and inside of Georgia, half of a smaller "autonomous" region called Ossetia, the southern half. The northern half of Ossetia is presently inside the Russian borders. All Ossetians are predominantly pro-Russian, have Russian passparts and Russian citizenship, travel to and from Russia each and everyday. To us, it is like people living in Pennsylvania and New York being South Ossetians and people living in Ontario, Canada being the North Ossetians. On both sides of the border, people speak the same language, are generally for the same causes, regularly intermingle with each other at music, art, and cultural events, as well as bars and so forth. Some people live on one side and work on the other side, etc. The two Countries which these are contained in have very excellent close relations, Canada and the USA.

Now, take this and apply it to Russia, Georgia, and North & South Ossetia. Apply the same border situation, the same proximity, but remove the close ties between the Governments. Instead, imagine if Canada and the USA were on the brink of all out war, how would this affect those people living right across both sides of the border there? It is like this in Georgia.

Georgia launched a major incursion into South Ossetia first, before any Russian offensive forces had been deployed with the purpose of attacking Georgia. South Ossetia is at least 80% Russian citizens that have passports and citizenships of a Russian denomination. These are the same people related to the North Ossetians in North Ossetia that is inside Russia's border, have family members with them, some work there, and so on. Imagine Ossetia as being its' own nation, it would be squished between Russia and Georgia, but instead, both sides claim half of it.

The problem with Georgia is this.. to put it simply, they do not have any true claim to South Ossetia, and Russia never recognized Georgia annexing it for themselves. I agree with Russia on this, Ossetians are clearly Russian, or at least way more Russian than they are Georgian. In fact, South Ossetia should be permanently stripped from Georgia in my opinion, annexed by Russia, and placed within the Russian border. This way, both North and South Ossetians would be within the same country and wouldn't have to worry about being killed by Georgian forces just because they are ethnic Ossetian, ie Russian (enough anyway) and therefore the enemy.

So on a rules technicality.. sure.. Georgia was just sending thousands of soldiers, tanks, and artillery into a region of their own (by their own claim), to attack it and bomb it and shell it to pieces, including its' capital and hundreds maybe thousands of its' own civilians, because .. well .. there are some Seperatists in there causing troubles .. uh... right. The original show of force by Georgia in leveling this city to the ground, this city of their own within their own territory consisting of their own infrastructure, should tell you a little something about how Georgia really feels about South Ossetia, despite it being a part of George they say. How can this be a part of Georgia if 80% of its' population have Russian citizenship, passport, and/or ethnic bonds? If South Ossetia is a part .. then why not North? You see, Georgia knows that South Ossetia isnt truly theirs and never was despite them claiming it on the map. If they didn't think South Ossetia was going to continue fighting them for their independance, they wouldn't have gone there and destroyed the capital city, as well as killing all those civilians. It really was the beginning of what would've been an ethnic cleansing. Because how can Georgia keep a region under their control that is full of people who are against them? By killing them and bussing in ethnic Georgians, silly!

But they didn't think Russia would move on them if they did this, because they were putting too much faith in allies. Russia responded and did so overwhelmingly, but could've been MUCH, MUCH WORSE.. as I said before, Georgia is lucky it is still on the map and its' capital city isn't completely occupied or destroyed. Russia is showing great restraint here, because they could've so easily taken the entire country of Georgia over on a moment's notice, it would've happened just as fast as the Coalition/U.S. forces toppled Hussein's regime in Baghdad, trust me when I say they are holding back.

Answer me this hypothetical: The USA split apart, and all 50 states became individual de-facto countries, then the main amount of them re-combined into a new "United States". Some remained independant countries. Then Mexico, smelling the weakness, invaded New Mexico & Texas claiming them as their land by right, despite that most people there are White Americans, not Mexican-Indian? Do you think the cluster of states that reformed into the new "United States" would just sit idle as these former parts of the USA, still full of friends and family, whom the U.S. would be on good ties with & possibly in negotiation with regarding joining the U.S. again, are being savagely attacked and their people being killed for no good reason?

Heck no, the new U.S., however small it would be, would definitely send forces immediately to the Southwest to protect those people. Why? Because even though they aren't currently a part of the USA, the people in those states used to be, and will likely be again part of the USA. The people are friends and family of the USA. This is the best way I can give an analogy or metaphor for people to understand this conflict because Russia totally did not start it, and Georgia totally had bad intentions from the beginning..

Our media spins it into Russia picking on Georgia, when it was Georgia picking on little brother South Ossetia, not expecting big brother Russia to help him out. Because Russia is involved, especially in a military fashion, the U.S. media must paint them in a bad light, make them look like the bad guy. That's how it has always been and always will be. The only exception would be if the Russians were fighting against muslim extremists or jihadists, and this is only because of 9/11; before that, we were training and equipping the jihadists in Afghanistan in the 1970s/1980s. The main guy behind Obama's campaign for President, Brizinski is his last name, he wrote a book called the Grande Chessboard? Well this guy was one of the main negotiators with the jihadists in Afghanistan during the Soviet incursion. There is video footage of him speaking to the jihadists, telling them they will succeed because God is on their side, and all this crap .. its just lame. We propped up both Saddam and Osama Bin .. and now look at us..

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Mintwithahole.

i respect your opinion, I am just tired of seeing things like hostages sitting in iran for over a year because someones to big of a vagina to go save them.

my bad!

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join