It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America is not afraid to kick Russia out of Georgia

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Just to be contraversial.

Is it now time for the EU nations to 'jump ship' and join with Russia into a new alliance? I say this as Russia likes to consider itself a European Nation.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
maybe it's time for U.s to stop covert ops in georgia and to start OVERT ops there , time to get some ruskies .... their airforce sucks , their navy sucks , only their army ( full of alcoholic people ) can stand half a chance but would get annihilated by the U.s airforce and the Navy , we should reduce their number by using appropriate weapons and America has this type of weapons . And i think the worst scenarios about Russia have been anticipated long long times ago , So I don't think we would even see the shape of a russian ballistic missile in the skies ....

[edit on 14-8-2008 by Sandia-1985]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sandia-1985
maybe it's time for U.s to stop covert ops in georgia and to start OVERT ops there , time to get some ruskies .... their airforce sucks , their navy sucks , only their army ( full of alcoholic people ) can stand half a chance but would get annihilated by the U.s airforce and the Navy , we should reduce their number by using appropriate weapons and America has this type of weapons .

You are having a laugh, right?

As soon as the US Navy gets its first ships prow into the Black Sea it will already be heading for Davey Jones' Locker.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Axeom
The US is in no position to do anything. What, your going to drop everything in the mid east and tangle with the Russians?

And am I the only one that thinks that America and Georgia are "allies" because there is a massive oil line going through the region? I'm guessing that if that oil pipeline wasn't there, the U.S wouldn't pay any attention.

that oil pipeline you speak of is russian oil so what would that have to do with us helping georgia?

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Wotan

huh sorry man but i'm french i'm not sure who's Davey Jones lol .
, but dont surestimate Russia , it's not what it was

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wotan

Is it now time for the EU nations to 'jump ship' and join with Russia into a new alliance? I say this as Russia likes to consider itself a European Nation.

Not that it likes to consider it.It is an europian nation.The most important cities from Russia are in Europe on the map and they were there long ago.
I don't see Russia tho in the EU, they would not want this, they like to stand alone.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78

Originally posted by Wotan

Not that it likes to consider it.It is an europian nation.The most important cities from Russia are in Europe on the map and they were there long ago.
I don't see Russia tho in the EU, they would not want this, they like to stand alone.

Never say never. Who knows, maybe one day. Europe could certainly do with Russia's gas and oil and it would be far cheaper than sending fleets of tankers to and fro to the Middle East.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by no name needed

Well your post is extremely arogant because in this circumstance the bully is RUSSIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Or did that little fact go over your head?

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by constantwonder

The US is in no position to do anything. What, your going to drop everything in the mid east and tangle with the Russians?

And am I the only one that thinks that America and Georgia are "allies" because there is a massive oil line going through the region? I'm guessing that if that oil pipeline wasn't there, the U.S wouldn't pay any attention.

that oil pipeline you speak of is russian oil so what would that have to do with us helping georgia?

It is a BP pipeline...British Petrolium. And it just happened to be shut down 2 days before this escalated.

It is reopen now, though.
news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Your talking about a war that was won with rifles... The Russians would have had no chance had the Germans had a tactical Air Force Bombing Unit and no I don't mean the bunch of misquito's called the Blitzkreg. The Russians are highly out matched and being a fighting people has nothing to do with anything when it comes to an Air Battle; lets see them punch those rockets out of the sky. Everyone who thinks that America is the aggresor in this situation is absolutely ludacris.

[edit on 14-8-2008 by Lokey13]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lokey13

Well your post is extremely arogant because in this circumstance the bully is RUSSIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Or did that little fact go over your head?

Still not sure what evidence everyone has to back this up....not that I believe either side, but sure seems georgia was the aggressor, at least in the beginning. My guess is, they didnt expect russia to react until the olympics were over.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
lol do you really think the Russians give a damn about the Olympics; that is the most absurd comment I've ever heard. Also how would you feel if "DAddy" aka Russia was constantly trying to police your country? By the way this situation has a little bit more to do with money and Russia showing that nothing goes on in their "territories" unless they say so. By the way I heard the war started cause a Georgian shot a make shift cap gun at a Russian Officer...

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by cautiouslypessimistic

Originally posted by constantwonder

It is a BP pipeline...British Petrolium. And it just happened to be shut down 2 days before this escalated.

It is reopen now, though.
news.bbc.co.uk...

roflmao did you even read that article.... the british do not even comand 50% of the voting shares in this deal

BP (United Kingdom): 30.1%
State Oil Company of Azerbaijan (SOCAR) (Azerbaijan): 25.00%
Chevron (USA): 8.90%
StatoilHydro (Norway): 8.71%
Türkiye Petrolleri Anonim Ortaklığı (TPAO) (Turkey): 6.53%
Eni/Agip (Italy): 5.00%
Total (France): 5.0%
Itochu (Japan): 3.4%
Inpex (Japan): 2.50%
ConocoPhillips (USA): 2.50%
Hess Corporation (USA) 2.36%[13]

Although some have touted the BTC pipeline as potentially removing the dependence of the US and other Western nations on oil from the Middle East, in reality it doesn't change global dependence on Middle Eastern oil as it supplies only 1% of global demand during its first stage However, the pipeline diversifies the global oil supply and so ensures, to an extent, against a failure in supply elsewhere. Critics of the pipeline—particularly Russia—are skeptical about its economic prospects and see this as politically motivated.

this pipeline has nothing to do with the fighting that has taken place and it was shut down to protect its flow the destruction of it would only inflate crude prices even more and it would not be in the interest of any country to destroy it

[edit on 14-8-2008 by constantwonder]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lokey13

I think not. It's just my opinion along with the opinion of others.
It's Geogia's fault.There you go.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
how is georgia at fault????????? every country in the world would squash a rebellion of their people that intended to break away and be independant its called civil war and the russians are helping the rebels lots of countries have civil wars and everyone throws in their hat for the side that best suits their agendas simply blaming the georgians is absurd

heres a comprehensive description of what is going on

www.american.edu...

the russians granted them sovernty from a nation it had conquered so really you can blame the Soviets (not the russian people or the georgian people) communist regime

[edit on 14-8-2008 by constantwonder]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

Like I said in the previous post which was a reply to the last person who said this was Georgia's fault; I heard that Georgia started the conflict by shooting a cap gun at a Russian Officer...

Cause thats all they can probably afford.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Randy Echo

If you are so hell bent on helping the U. S. Allie, tell you what you do. Go buy a ticket and get over there. Stop sitting on your butt and do something already! Geez

P.S. An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind. M.G.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Randy Echo

no I want the USA to do it, those russians have been messing with us for fifty years playing this little in and out game, and It makes me sick, we are the worlds strongest super power and everyone knows it, it isnt up for debate, after all Georgia is one of our allies,

you got a problem with us defending our allies?

Are you insane?

On Sept 11th 2001 the amazing high tech systems of your country failed to locate and spot to massive airline jets , ploughing toward two of the most famous buildings in the world , through a massively crowded very famous city..

And u think that you have the capability to do all these things in your little list?

Good luck with that i am sure you will shoot every missile out of the sky as you sit in your country looking upon a dead world. dont worry them winds wil be comming soon.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
here we go again america sticking there nose where it doesnt belong.

when the jews were bombing lebanon why didnt the us stop them?

bncg of hypocrits

like i say every dog gets there day.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
First of all you guys are acting like a bunch of noobs.
In reality Georgia attacked Russia first and since Georgia is an ally of USA the media is telling you otherwise. This little battle is to distract you from all the navy ships getting ready to attack Iran!!!!!!!!

Di di di!!!!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join