It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America is not afraid to kick Russia out of Georgia

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
The presidents of both Abkhavia and S. Ossetia were interviewed today on the "Russia Today" news network. Both seemed completely hostile to both Georgia and it's NATO master, who they blamed for the the planning, training and instigation of "Operation Clear Field". They accused CNN of disembling the truth about the actions of the georgian military units in S. Ossetia, up to and including the shooting of peacekeeping forces, journalists and civilians. So it seem OP, your military has already bloodied it's hands here.
Whether you believe them or not, they seem as determined to achieve independance as any Kosovo, so much so in fact, the S Ossetian premier vowed not to drink until independance day! A russian without vodka!, not to be triffled with

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Randy Echo
in the case of a bully coming to the aid of a weaker person to defeat another bully it is called fighting fire with fire,

Russia simply doesnt have the ability to beat us, sorry , I am sure that we are way way ahead on the tech of war to get them to leave and not come back

what good is it to have allies if they wont come to your aid, absolute isolation for your buddy why his down on the ground getting his brains kicked out and you hand him a water and a towel , give me a break

you save that guy, stop that fight with whatever it takes

Ahhhh, got to love American arrogance.

First off, Russia has done a VERY good job of showing their tech strength. You do realize that the most vital dmage to Georgia has been done over the internet, right?

Second, when has going into a major international power's backyard EVER worked? Didn't work in Vietnam. Didn't work in Afghanistan. Hasn't worked in Iraq. Purely geopolitically speaking, the position of the United States (the land, not the people) makes it nearly impossible to fight a war on the other side of the world and win(if there is such a thing as winning).

Third, Russia has already stated, flat out, that they would take this nuclear if America gets involved.

Finally, while I think Russia's response is disporportionate, Georgia did throw the first punch, so to speak. And really, do you think they did so without some idea that they would have help? And magically, a top Georgian offical shows up on Mccains staff right as this is going down.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Haven't we seen enough war already? I mean for Gods sake man! what will it take some people to realize that in war...no one wins. War is so yesterday....LIVE IN THE NOW! The generation that is running things in the world today are going to go down in the history books as one of the most aggressive and inhumane generations the world has seen.I can't wait for the new blood to start coming into power and hopefully change the way things have been handled over the past century.Although the band the Who said it the best "Here comes the new boss...same as the old boss". It will probably end up being the same old same old. This is including every country...not just the U.S. The European countries have their own skeletons in their closet as well.

The last thing we need to be doing here in the U.S. is sticking our nose in another countries business AGAIN! I really see how Europe views us like a child that is going through the motions of growing up...complete with temper tantrums and such.We need another war like we need a hole in our heads.

[edit on 8/14/2008 by CaptGizmo]

[edit on 8/14/2008 by CaptGizmo]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Oh dear. You're playing right into their hands... This is exactly the kind of response from the public the likes of Bush and his generals in the Pentagon will have hoped for. The kind of person who chants U.S.A, U.S.A because those around him do. A sense of pride and loyalty to your country is admirable but is it worth a nuclear war? I personally hope other Americans don't think like you because if they do we may as well start dishing out the body bags right now. The Russians wouldn't be like the Iragi's and run away as soon as they spotted the enemy looming on the horizon. It would be a fight to the death- death for all of us, because you know as well as I that as soon as one side began to collapse they would push the nuclear red button and take the world to hell with them.
My other problem with an American/Russian war would be the idiots who would come into the conflict on your side, mainly us Brits! Anyway, from what I've read the Georgians seem to have goaded the Russians into taking this action.
For gods sake mate calm and down and get a grip of yourself. Haven't we had enough killing lately?

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by oldcop911
I think some of y'all need to read a little history. Like The sudetenland just prior to the start of WWII. Hitler just kept moving forward because nobody had the stones to say ENOUGH. I am not a war lover, but Putin is making scary noises and making scary moves. Where will he stop, if no one says ENOUGH?

Well when's someone going to say "ENOUGH" to America? At least Russia is justified in attacking Georgia...

Originally posted by kidflash2008
reply to post by BlackOps719

BTW, the US would NEVER invade a sovereign nation without approval of her main allies.

It's doesn't seem like her 'main allies' have much choice really. With us or against us and all that.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I love America, sorry. Not the politics. Dont hate the American people for corrupt politicians ignoring the people who put them there. Russia is corrupt as sin as well. I trust Russia's and China's people are ethical, not their Governments. We must not focus on emotions. Lets accomplish something as super powers and start acting like them.

[edit on 14-8-2008 by Alferd Packer]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Why did Bush -- or someone in the military, suddenly end the Air Force's Cyber Defense group without explanation? As others have pointed out, Russia has been doing a lot of damage to Georgia with Cyber attacks.

Why is McCain's top campaign guy, a paid agent running a lobbying firm financed by Georgia and this isn't an issue in our media?

I wonder how long our "humanitarian" people with guns, will slow down Putin's Russian army -- maybe 10 or 15 seconds? The whole point is that they stand there and get killed right -- so that we and our press can get offended and forget how this mess started?

There were some really insightful points made on Urban Survival website today (it's actually economic-oriented); HERE

nstead, I expect military historian & writer Gwynne Dyer got it right in a March 21 analysis of titled "Abkhazia: Russian Bluff". Slowly but surely, Western allegiances, and NATO membership, is popping up all over in what were once Russia satellite regions. The Soviet empire may be gone, but the Russian mind has long been accustomed to the idea of a buffer zone. And now that both the West and the new version of capitalism growing in Russia are eyeing resources (land, energy, strategic boundaries, and resource in general) the formerly 'soft' regions are firming up. I expect Russia doesn't want to lose much - if any - of Abkhazia, which among other things sports 125 miles of coastline on the Black Sea.

As Seumas Milne writes in the Guardian this morning, "This is a tale of US expansion not Russian aggression." The more we push on these former Russian states to flip over into the US/West/NATO camp, the more resistance may be expected from Russia.

As a marketing guy (which is what I do in real-life) this is an extremely well-crafted campaign. The US/West is painting its motives as 'humanitarian/freedom-loving" while at the same time, sucking Georgian troops into Iraq and now sending US forces into the region, humanitarian aid, of course. There's enough history in the region that a semi-rational argument could be made for either position.

This is either, an encroachment for NATO against Russia, so that a Cold War can be started up again. Or a feint to get them mired there, while something happens in Iran. Regardless of what BushCo does to create problems only they can solve and act like it was all for us, I'm guessing that somewhere at the end of this lurks Martial Law in the Winter months, some event covering the broken economy, and Cuba ending up with nuclear weapons again and all the breathless shills conveniently not mentioning all the provocations that BushCo has been putting on Russia's borders. Heck, I think they even have an airbase in Lebanon, (which makes more sense than "rescuing" soldiers from Israel, who were innocently kidnapping diplomats).

If this leads to a more scary world come November, it's likely that McCain can be put in power, coupling rigged elections with a frightened populace tends to help Republican chances. So, that would mean 4 more years of war, and dead certain justification -- like the Original Poster who just wants to kick ass and maybe take names -- well, the military just can't get enough of people like him. I think the next ATS topic needs to be; Best Places to go when the STUFF Hits the Fan.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   

we are looking like complete wimps right now because we have the men...

Seems like a great reason to put millions or billions of lives at risk in a nuclear exchange, just to save face, so we don't "look like complete wimps right now".

If the people who feel like wimps could all go to a specified area and have a big fight would they all feel less 'wimpy' or 'wimpish','wimp like'? (whatever)

People really need to find out who they are and stop letting their ego's drive them around.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Quote: "Third, Russia has already stated, flat out, that they would take this nuclear if America gets involved. "

The Russian have not stated so.. They threatened the Ukraine, not the United States.. Who is the only country in the world's history to ever use a Nuclear Weapon? The United States, the Russians have only been so stupid that they used it on theirselves, Chernoble. The United States has more nuclear firepower than all other countries combined....

This will never go beyond a ground war as I am quite sure Putin doesn't want to be turned to dust. The cruelest joke Satan ever played on man was making them think they would live forever... Putin is going to die if he keeps screwing around, he'll end up catching a 308 between the eyes.

The last thing Russia expects is for us to fight back, that's why they are moving forward. Bush and Company were so stupid to take all of our troops out of Europe and put them in the Desert.. That's what happens when you put idiots in charge of the military.

[edit on 14-8-2008 by GrndLkNatv]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

GREAT POST!!! !

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
this is a HUGE deal we must be very careful in how we address this issue i dont know if it is like this for anyone else but it feels to me like all the worlds troubles over the last 6 years is coming to a head could wwe be on the verge of WWIII. For the sake of future generations i sincerely hope not this is BAD

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrndLkNatv
Quote: "Third, Russia has already stated, flat out, that they would take this nuclear if America gets involved. "

The Russian have not stated so.. They threatened the Ukraine, not the United States.. Who is the only country in the world's history to ever use a Nuclear Weapon? The United States, the Russians have only been so stupid that they used it on theirselves, Chernoble. The United States has more nuclear firepower than all other countries combined....

This will never go beyond a ground war as I am quite sure Putin doesn't want to be turned to dust. The cruelest joke Satan ever played on man was making them think they would live forever... Putin is going to die if he keeps screwing around, he'll end up catching a 308 between the eyes.

The last thing Russia expects is for us to fight back, that's why they are moving forward. Bush and Company were so stupid to take all of our troops out of Europe and put them in the Desert.. That's what happens when you put idiots in charge of the military.

Russia HAS warned that they will use nukes. It may be sheer rhetoric, but it has been said.

As far as total nuclear firepower...you do realize that when you are talking about hundreds or thousands of warheads, it doesnt matter if one country has 500 more than another.

I beleive(and russia, germany and a few other countries have stated as well) that the U.S. did encourage Georgia to attack. America has had troops in Georgia training georgian troops for weeks. Mccain hired a major Georgian player to his staff. BP shut down the major oil pipeline in the area 2 days before fighting started. The "coincidences" go on and on.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Alferd Packer

I holiday in America every year and have found them (Americans) the nicest most charming people I've ever met, especially the New Yorkers. But you do have that unfortunate tendency of sheepishly following each other into the mire! It only takes one of you to shout "USA" and the next thing you're all screaming it. Us Brits dont have that problem anymore! Any patriotic feelings we ever had for our country evaporated when our government decided to treat us all like slaves and second class citizens.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Randy Echo
obviously you believe we havent implemented any kind of protection from nukes, we have, its in place and it works 100 percent of the time, its been tested, and it has about 4 different levels of itself,

1. anti missle umbrella coast to coast, in place
2. particle beam weapons and space based kinetic weapons
3. high altitude ionization that will destroy missles in flight

So I am not worried about russian missles, at all actually so if they want to go that route let em,

They will be the ones living under the ground not us

This is what sickens me the most about 'america'.

Because...What about Europe? That seems to be stuck in the middle...That is were I live you pathetic soldier of misfortune!

So because you can hide and will survive a nuclear attack from the russians (like a cockroach!) the 3th World War should start. What kind of thinking is this?!

Please...You are probably a born-again christian...Ain't ya?

I think you left the army with some kind of syndrome they just don't have a name for yet.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
This thread is what i read happens in phase 2 of a mega hit of street crank. So what if, in the net ...and in some video game, USA has the better bag of weapons. There will ALWAYS be even just a few enemy missles that get through. Then what? There goes 20% of USA land area uninhabitable for 200 years. Plus 5at least 20 million usa casualties. In these terms what does "win" mean?

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Unbelievable hoakums and bunkems. I'm sorry but I just had to laugh when I read the OP.. Let me make this very simple for everyone:

America is NOT magically immune to Russia's nuclear assets. Last time I checked Russia has over 16000 nuclear warheads. Yes, that's right.. 16000+ nukes! Get that through your thick skulls and stop believing the NWO trash lies.

The Russian defense minister has stated in NO uncertain terms that if a certain line is crossed nukes WILL be used, on America if necessary.

Georgia started this conflict, attacking S. Osettia at the behest of the American and Israelite NWO puppet masters (criminal elements) and believe me, Russia knows exactly whats going on.

I could hold hands here and post all sorts of links to credible information but I'm not going to do that because I simply don't have the time. I suggest however that you take this to heart and do your homework.

The spirit that drives the OP along with his arrogance and hubris is the same spirit that is destroying this nation.

What a rude awakening many are going to be in for.

[edit on 14-8-2008 by ViewFromTheStars]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I just wonder have the US would plan a military retaliation against Russia at all. The US would never reach Georgia.

And what if Israel attacks Iran!!! what then. Would the US be abel to support Israel at the same time. And with out useing nuces.

This will just end up in a new cold war. And the russians would get even more involved in the middel east and so will China. This cold war will not be anything like the old times.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Was it not Einstien who said he didn't know what weapons WWIII would be fought with, but he was pretty sure WWIV would be fought with sticks and stones!.
Mind how you tread, even if no russians nukes penitrate this umbrella of yours, the fall out and the nuclear winter will wipe you out just as surely as the bombs themselves.

Yippeeeee kye ayyyyy etc etc etc

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Don't underestimate the Russians, they're a tough fighting force and I doubt any war between Russia and the USA will NOT be nuclear. I don't necessarily mean city-destroying nukes but air to air nuclear weapons to knock out planes, ships, and submarines, will probably be used...

But If America was so gung-ho, why was the Georgians crying-begging for help while the US was pretending not to notice just how quickly the Russians evicted the Georgians out of South Ossetia?

Or it could all be a make-believe game between the kings of the USA and Russia to keep the sheeple scared and the Military-Industrial coffers full.

Who knows. I wouldn't be too surprised.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join