It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America is not afraid to kick Russia out of Georgia

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 01:22 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Randy Echo
reply to post by Maxmars

did we invade russians allied country and start blowing things up and killing there people, no
did we just keep on a moving and doing bad things after we agreed to world not to , no, russia has

sometimes its takes blood pouring to get the pouring to stop,

what is doesnt take is a bunch of whimps too scared of war to end one.

Aren't you up a bit late for a school night?

You need to turn off the TV and stop listening to the MSM... they are filling your mind with poop. Russia didn't start this fight they just ended it... and pretty fast at that. The American Government can spin this any way they want to... but Russia did what they should have done. I applaud Putin and Russia for defending it's citizens. I can respect him for the action he took and the stand he is making to the US, Isreal, and the world. Bush is living in a fantasy world... warning Russia... I about peed my pants laughing at that. Who does he think he is? Bush is the biggest terrorist of them all and has caused so many innocent lives to be lost... a hypocrite and traitor to his country. He has a lot of balls saying anything to Putin.

And who says that Russia couldn't beat America in a non-nuclear war? Do you know that for sure? Well, they have as many troops as we have (almost exact) and theirs aren't all beat up and broken from fighting this Iraq war. One more thing - what about China? I believe China would love to side with Russia against the US. Then what? We can't even fight an effective war against Iraq and you think that we would have a cake walk against Russia. You really do need to wake up. War is bad no matter who it is against or for what reason it's for. Russia got in and secured the areas of interest and are holding ground until the agreement is signed. Putin gave a big middle finger to Bush and the US, and we deserved it for sticking our nose in where it doesn't belong.

[edit on 15-8-2008 by thecandyman]

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solarskye
reply to post by no name needed

Whatever!!

Why does it always have to be America? There are Europeans over there that can handle this if they wanted to. America isn't the only country available for this battle. It's time for all nations to stand up and do what's right.

Its mainly America 'protecting ' its interests or some other bollox like that.
And us Europeans can fight if we wanted to but unfortunately it seems that America wants to always start a war as soon as it's finished the last one, sometimes even before its finished the last one.
But America bleats on about wanting help from us Europeans as 'its our duty to help our allies' , but truth is, us Europenas don't always want a fight.
So please America 'stop picking fights'....

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

And another question; is Russian an ethnicity now?
I take it East Slavic history isn't one of your high points? Or perhaps you are not aware of the differences between nationality and ethnicity?

in English, "Russian" can refer to anyone ethnically Russian or anyone who's simply a Russian national. That's where I assume your confusion arises from. Russians have two different words for both: Ruskie and Rossiyan, respectively.

Put simply, the Russians have been an ethnic group ever since they emerged as a distinct people from the ancient Rus'. The Rus', by the way, were the predecessors of the people now known as Belarussians, Russians, and Ukrainians. Basically they were the same people but over time went their separate ways and changed enough in culture and language to be considered distinct.

Russia, like all countries, is multi-ethnic. People of different ethnicities live in Russia, but ethnic Russians comprise roughly 80% of the population. The Russians are the most numerous ethnic group in Europe. In Asia (and the world) it is the Han Chinese, who comprise more than a billion people and over 90% of China's population.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 02:41 AM
link   

I was an american in the army back in the early eighties, and I can tell you we were ready to fight them hand to hand if we had to, because we were taught how and why we should do it, in vietnam we had our guys getting shot and killed by russians, and we killed some of them as well, I personally feel that we should push Russia out of georgia, a real war , not dealing with roadside bombs, but whatever measures we need to do it, I don't believe it will ever get nuclear in nature, but if it does we have the best nuclear program in the whole world, and pretty much the best navy, definetly the best airforce,

we are looking like complete wimps right now because we have the men, the tools, the reason, and world opinion on our side right now to do it, we pushed the iraqis out of kuwait and we could push the russians out of Georgia, I think now is the time we grow some resolve and get them invaders out of our allied country, sure they need medicine and tents and towels, which were supplying but what they really need is there big brother to do a little bully removal work, come on america , we need to fight for them as they have fought for us, side by side in iraq.

I am starting this thread because I feel It needs discussed and that I am not alone in this way of feeling, its time to fly that eagle, use some of that expensive secret reseach we have done out in the southwest, lets help our brothers who want to be free from these soldiers that just keep getting deeper and deeper into our brothers country.

Yeahyeah..Warwarwar..sounds in this thread... Just stop and think for a minute. You are being played.
Don't you all see this is a game like any other?
Don't spill a drop of blood on a game of other people.

Georgia overplayed itself by listening too much to neocon US and tried to control South-Osettia, which is a Russian-MAFFIA controlled area. Nothing democratic there. In doing so, they must have known that Russia would answer their call. The president of Georgia listened to the wrong (US)people and has this mess. The US have what they want, another conflict with Russia, and they act as if they have nothing to do with it. as always, crying FREEDOM.
In the meanwhile they signed their rocketshield contract with Poland. Nice play.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 03:26 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Any idiot can see that this whole escapade is engineered by the West, specifically the Bush admin and those nutty Neocons.

Just what the world didn't need. Another nutty dictator backed by the west who wants to bring about a New World Order.

Straight from the horses mouth.

GEORGIA PRESIDENT(War Criminal & baby killer) SPEAKS OF NWO ON CNN

www.vloggingtheapocalypse.com...

Puppets on a string.

Well said kpoff you're a true patriot and a man of honor and right now in these times of madness America needs more people like you.

As for randy echo, your sense of patriotism is nothing more than idiotism. There's is no honor in fighting a war and killing people when everything about that war is based on a pack of lies. To George Bush you are nothing more than an expendable puppet and Bush is playing you like a fiddle.

[edit on 15-8-2008 by kindred]

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Ok. With some discretion I'll bite. Are you mad? Logistically we are in no position to make a major dent in the drama unfolding. You are not afraid of icbm's? Because we can ionize them. Bold statements. Millions of Americans may disagree.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

bottome line

i could care less what russian thinks at this moment
and if im out looking for a fight

Other bottom line.............. you upping to go over there?

To the OP, i am repostiong this, because it was a DIRECT question to you.

And you dropped off RIGHT away it was asked, and managed to either: Dodge, or not see it...

So here, See it, and Reply to intrepid, and the rest of ATS...
please...

My position on the matter, the US should not Pre-empt War... Over the course of history, that never ends well...

But the US should not be afriad to do what it takes when war comes to them...

Unfortunatly, as of now... the US is following NEITHER of those...

[edit on 8/15/2008 by TKainZero]

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 04:11 AM
link   
My experience TKwain Zero is that the most war hardened vets do not go about spouting off at the VW halls, or elsewhere. I bet the most action this guy saw was clubbing a muskie he accidentally caught. Could very well be wrong. Just my take. Hand to hand combat with ruskies, one to many antonio movies.

[edit on 8/15/2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Liamoville
The OP actually served in the US Army? God help your country. He's the type of brainwashed government puppet that will end up wrecking the country you love.

Just because you serve in the US Military doesn't mean your brainwashed. Please watch that steorotype. I am a US Soldier and don't think we should war with the whole world, I also don't support the Iraq war. I'm not brainwashed either. Theres a difference between being brainwashed and doing what your told while you wear the uniform.

[edit on 15-8-2008 by Mcloud313]

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 04:59 AM
link   

I was an american in the army back in the early eighties, and I can tell you we were ready to fight them hand to hand if we had to, because we were taught how and why we should do it, in vietnam we had our guys getting shot and killed by russians, and we killed some of them as well, I personally feel that we should push Russia out of georgia, a real war , not dealing with roadside bombs, but whatever measures we need to do it, I don't believe it will ever get nuclear in nature, but if it does we have the best nuclear program in the whole world, and pretty much the best navy, definetly the best airforce,

we are looking like complete wimps right now because we have the men, the tools, the reason, and world opinion on our side right now to do it, we pushed the iraqis out of kuwait and we could push the russians out of Georgia, I think now is the time we grow some resolve and get them invaders out of our allied country, sure they need medicine and tents and towels, which were supplying but what they really need is there big brother to do a little bully removal work, come on america , we need to fight for them as they have fought for us, side by side in iraq.

I am starting this thread because I feel It needs discussed and that I am not alone in this way of feeling, its time to fly that eagle, use some of that expensive secret reseach we have done out in the southwest, lets help our brothers who want to be free from these soldiers that just keep getting deeper and deeper into our brothers country.

SEMPER,,, YAH!!!

LETS KILL EM ALL. CHARBROIL THIER CHILDREN AND SKIN THE REST

AMERICA CAN DO IT!!!

PUSH THE BUTTON !!!

GOD BLESS AMERICA!

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 05:06 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

People overlook many things, and the single biggest thing thats been overlooked so far is this.

Had the Russians wanted to do so, Georgia would have been a Russian province by now. They could have completely and utterly wiped the tiny Georgian military off the map - probably in less than 72 hours.

They didn't

They didn't go and effect "regime change". They didn't bomb the crap out of all the infrastructure and then award contracts to their biggest companies to go and rebuild it.

What they did do was respond, in force, to the Georgians shelling a South Ossetian town immediately after they had declared a ceasefire to some local hostilities, where Russian troops had been killed.

They may have responded disproportionately, but in comparison to other countries who do things like that, they didn't use white phosphorous on the civilian population.

They went in and they gave the Georgian military and government a good hiding to reinforce the message that Russia looks after its own in the same manner as the US claims to.

And then they stopped

Now as for all the rhetoric about "kicking Russia's butt" - grow up, please. Your rhetoric is useless when you are dust, or lying in field slowly dying from fallout poisoning, or starving to death and being killed by your own kind for scraps of food because your major cities, industrial and agricultural centres are gone, and no one is coming to help you.

And when the first strikes have gone from land based launches, the second strikes from the subs will make damn sure that theres nothing at all useful left. Its what they are there for, and its what they are designed to do.

This isn't a video game, or Jericho on the TV. Its the real world. And in the real world, people just die.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 05:14 AM
link   
I would love to know how many Americans in the street if asked and shown a map of the world, would know Where is Georgia?

And secondly, why is the US backing Georgia against the Russians?

I bet 8 out of 10 if that would get half of that right.

The public is force fed propaganda through the media, and the media whips up the public into a War frenzy. The average person back on Mainland US soil hasnt seen the detstructive force of bombs dropping within their neighbourhood and it is easy to sit back at home and watch on TV US bombers carpet bombing some town on the other side of the world, or only being shown select images of US soldiers "kicking" someone butt.

Everybody is war war war as mentioned previously, but if the tables were turned, and Im being realistic here, how many would sit back for a minute and think......."Maybe this wasnt such a good idea after all?"

Those that have not experience war lust for it, yet those that have experienced war run from it.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Randy Echo

Easier said than done mate! I don't think it would be a worthwhile cause or in Americas best interests to boot Russia out of Georgia. Not only that you could not do it anyway.

The force, logistics, money etc needed would be immense and America does not posses this at the moment. America is the new Russia of the 80's going down hill.

American soldiers are not trained to fight in the conditions of somewhere like Russia. The weaponry America has is not designed to fight in conditions Russia has.

This is not Vietnam, Iraq or even Iran (where you would also struggle) This is Russia is a huge country with a huge army. Your talking Bubbles mate and for someone that has been in the Army you should know this yourself.

If Americas army went over there and fought conventionally i think you might just be going home with your tails between your legs on this one.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 05:42 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Melbourne_Militia
I would love to know how many Americans in the street if asked and shown a map of the world, would know Where is Georgia?

And secondly, why is the US backing Georgia against the Russians?

I bet 8 out of 10 if that would get half of that right.

The public is force fed propaganda through the media, and the media whips up the public into a War frenzy. The average person back on Mainland US soil hasnt seen the detstructive force of bombs dropping within their neighbourhood and it is easy to sit back at home and watch on TV US bombers carpet bombing some town on the other side of the world, or only being shown select images of US soldiers "kicking" someone butt.

Everybody is war war war as mentioned previously, but if the tables were turned, and Im being realistic here, how many would sit back for a minute and think......."Maybe this wasnt such a good idea after all?"

Those that have not experience war lust for it, yet those that have experienced war run from it.

Duh, Georgia is on top of Florida.

Haha had to do it.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Anyone who thinks Russia and the USA should fight needs to seek psychiatric help quickly.
Anyone who wants the whole world to be consumed by radiation to the extent that nothing is left living is a psychopathic insignificant evil person.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Interestinggg
Anyone who thinks Russia and the USA should fight needs to seek psychiatric help quickly.
Anyone who wants the whole world to be consumed by radiation to the extent that nothing is left living is a psychopathic insignificant evil person.

Well said!

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Lokey13

Stop listening or reading mainstream controlled media. Reality is that Georgia was destroying Ossetia for three days prior to the Russian intervention. This included an attempt to genocide the Ossetian people in horrific ways - running women and children over with tanks, flooding basements where people were hiding causing them to drown, and burning people alive after locking them into buildings....very fascist behaviour. Hitler would have been proud, except that in this case Israeli military have been in Georgia for some time assisting with military advice.
You should also be informed that many Ossetians hold Russian citizenship as their state was aligned as part of Russia since around 1780. Russia was simply assisting its' own citizens. If Hawaians were attacked similarly by say the Japanese wouldn't you support the U.S. assisting them as Russia has done here?

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join