It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America is not afraid to kick Russia out of Georgia

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I was an american in the army back in the early eighties, and I can tell you we were ready to fight them hand to hand if we had to, because we were taught how and why we should do it, in vietnam we had our guys getting shot and killed by russians, and we killed some of them as well, I personally feel that we should push Russia out of georgia, a real war , not dealing with roadside bombs, but whatever measures we need to do it, I don't believe it will ever get nuclear in nature, but if it does we have the best nuclear program in the whole world, and pretty much the best navy, definetly the best airforce,

we are looking like complete wimps right now because we have the men, the tools, the reason, and world opinion on our side right now to do it, we pushed the iraqis out of kuwait and we could push the russians out of Georgia, I think now is the time we grow some resolve and get them invaders out of our allied country, sure they need medicine and tents and towels, which were supplying but what they really need is there big brother to do a little bully removal work, come on america , we need to fight for them as they have fought for us, side by side in iraq.

I am starting this thread because I feel It needs discussed and that I am not alone in this way of feeling, its time to fly that eagle, use some of that expensive secret reseach we have done out in the southwest, lets help our brothers who want to be free from these soldiers that just keep getting deeper and deeper into our brothers country.

Mod Edit: Please note the author of this thread, has twice now expressed a change of opinion since the opening post was submitted: This opening post has been modified to include links to the above posts for the sake of clarity. Please bear this edit in mind when offering further comment here. Thank you - Jak

[edit on 17/8/08 by JAK]

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Randy Echo

"America" is not afraid of anything. That is the scary part! Have you ever seen a bully get what is coming to him? Well, just buckle up and enjoy the ride (or fall)!

Also, we should tread lightly when it comes to Russia, as they have Nukes. Not that they would use them on us, but they would probably be more than willing to sell them to the highest bidder.

[edit on 14-8-2008 by no name needed]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by no name needed

Whatever!!

Why does it always have to be America? There are Europeans over there that can handle this if they wanted to. America isn't the only country available for this battle. It's time for all nations to stand up and do what's right.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
in the case of a bully coming to the aid of a weaker person to defeat another bully it is called fighting fire with fire,

Russia simply doesnt have the ability to beat us, sorry , I am sure that we are way way ahead on the tech of war to get them to leave and not come back

what good is it to have allies if they wont come to your aid, absolute isolation for your buddy why his down on the ground getting his brains kicked out and you hand him a water and a towel , give me a break

you save that guy, stop that fight with whatever it takes

+26 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I suppose you and those like you are just unreasonably hell bent on starting WWIII and seeing the entire world destroyed as a result.

What you are describing is a full on declaration of war against Russia. Is there no end to the insanity? The madness? Do you fully realize the consequences and implications of what you are saying?

People had better wake up and realize that this isnt some game, you are not playing RISK here, you are suggesting that we usher in what could very well be the end of the world.

And for what? Georgia? So Americans should die by the tens of thousands because our little bully friends decided to pick a fight that it could not possibly win?

Ever heard of the term "mutually assured destruction"?

Madness is what it is

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solarskye

Whatever!!

Why does it always have to be America? There are Europeans over there that can handle this if they wanted to. America isn't the only country available for this battle. It's time for all nations to stand up and do what's right.

Why give me the whatever w/rolling eyes? I am TOTALLY suggesting that America keep out of this. Unless I am reading your post incorrectly, you are suggesting that European countries take care of the problem that is in THEIR backyard.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
obviously you believe we havent implemented any kind of protection from nukes, we have, its in place and it works 100 percent of the time, its been tested, and it has about 4 different levels of itself,

1. anti missle umbrella coast to coast, in place
2. particle beam weapons and space based kinetic weapons
3. high altitude ionization that will destroy missles in flight

So I am not worried about russian missles, at all actually
so if they want to go that route let em,

They will be the ones living under the ground
not us

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   

no I want the USA to do it, those russians have been messing with us for fifty years playing this little in and out game, and It makes me sick, we are the worlds strongest super power and everyone knows it, it isnt up for debate, after all Georgia is one of our allies,

you got a problem with us defending our allies?

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Tech is only one issue. The Russians are a fighting people. They had little going against the Germans but still managed to win that one. Btw, you'd lose this one on logistics alone. You'd be fighting a formidable opponent in their neighborhood.

link   

Originally posted by no name needed

"America" is not afraid of anything. That is the scary part!

Or are they afraid of everything? and that's the even scarier part!

Overconfidence isn't as destructive as fear in my opinion.

link   

Originally posted by Randy Echo
in the case of a bully coming to the aid of a weaker person to defeat another bully it is called fighting fire with fire

That's how to get things done
Cuz I always see firemen fighting a blaze with more fire.

Russia simply doesnt have the ability to beat us, sorry , I am sure that we are way way ahead on the tech of war to get them to leave and not come back

No they don't, but the rest of the world ganging up on us can/will take the US down. We simply can't be the worlds police, the world is getting SICK of it!

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
The question I would have with this is, why war?

Is it the most efficient way to resolve this, whatever you call it?

Bottom line is, aside from those of us who are committed to fighting as directed by our commander in chief (blech), the only people who will suffer the devastation of war are the civilians.

What lofty, ideological rationale can you offer that justifies the thousands of dead and wounded? When we engage in the brutality of pitched battle, what is it accomplishing exactly? Punishment, pride, "justice"?

It seems like an empty exercise. And the pain and loss are bearable to very few.

Defense is one thing, offense is another, and their is no logical way that we can call sending troops overseas to fight in a foreign country over issues that relate only to them is 'defense'. That notion proved false in the 60's and I can't imagine anyone thinking 'oh but this is different'.

There is always a conflict of interest or a disagreement between the elite folks who run the countries. THEY never fight it out. WE do, for them. Nice.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
to put out oil fires you use an extreme amount of explosives to cut off oxygen to the blaze so yes fires do get put out with greater amounts of fire

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot

Originally posted by no name needed

"America" is not afraid of anything. That is the scary part!

Or are they afraid of everything? and that's the even scarier part!

Overconfidence isn't as destructive as fear in my opinion.

Right you are! I intended to put the word AFRAID in quotes. I am certainly suggesting that America not being "Afraid" is nothing more than BRAVADO.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
The only problem with the "bully" senerio is that WE ARE NOT THE WORLD POLICE.

If the world deems this to be other than a regional spat...let them send in the UN.

IMHO...this is nothing more than another oil grab. The BP pipelines that run between the Black and Caspian Seas will be a resource that either side can bargain for.

WE (the US) have enough troops in too many countries doing the work that should be done by others. We already have advisors in country, we are sending them supplies...which also IMHO could spark a negative response by Russia....and rightly so.

Get out...go home...and stop looking for fights.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

did we invade russians allied country and start blowing things up and killing there people, no
did we just keep on a moving and doing bad things after we agreed to world not to , no, russia has

sometimes its takes blood pouring to get the pouring to stop,

what is doesnt take is a bunch of whimps too scared of war to end one.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   

to put out oil fires you use an extreme amount of explosives to cut off oxygen to the blaze so yes fires do get put out with greater amounts of fire

Yeah, and brush fires too. Lest keep reaching for examples to justify your stance. There is ALWAYS exceptions to the rule.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Randy Echo

Twenty years later you still have the same basic training shutup and do what you're told gruntal mentality ...... kill kill kill we're number one kill kill kill we're number one kill kill kill ............

That's just friggen pathetic.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
bottome line

i could care less what russian thinks at this moment
and if im out looking for a fight
you might just be right
cause there is no reason to sit on our asses
why our allies need us
to come into action

before its to late, should we just hand russian the whole damn world
cause you say it isnt worth fighting for

that is a load buddy, a real load

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   

bottome line

i could care less what russian thinks at this moment
and if im out looking for a fight

Other bottom line.............. you upping to go over there?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join