It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(SUBMISSION) Kerry invokes Phantom Foriegn Leader's Endorsement (moved from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 09:15 PM
link   
John Kerry has been caught in what appears to be a gross exaggeration if not an outright lie concerning his contacts with foreign dignitaries and their endorsement of his campaign.

link

On March 8, Mr. Kerry told reporters in Florida that he'd met with foreign leaders who privately endorsed him.
"I've met with foreign leaders who can't go out and say this publicly," he said. "But, boy, they look at you and say: 'You've got to win this. You've got to beat this guy. We need a new policy.' Things like that."

Kerry is turning out to be a Gore clone when it comes to exaggeration and fabrication of facts in order to boost his political campaign. It is disturbing enough that Mr. Kerry would site foreign powers desire to see regime change in America as part of his campaign but to then be unwilling to disclose who these people are when confronted smacks of Clinton like evasiveness. In a related incident Mr. Kerry was questioned at a recent town meeting about this very issue and in his refusal to give an answer about his sources he directly attacked the citizen who questioned him asking directly what his party affiliation was and who he voted for in the last election. This was done to denigrate the mans contribution to the discussion. In a country where we hold secret ballots no candidate in a public forums should be asking these kinds of questions especially not in defense of a naked exaggeration / fabrication of the facts.

Also see the following links for similar stories

Detailed story link
Audio and transcript of Kerry citizen conversation link

There is a thread listed below that claims the reported quoted in the above story has recanted and said he was mistaken but John Kerry himself admits to having made such statements in the audio link above and so this story stands on its orignal merits since the source (Kerry) has confirmed what the original reporter recanted.

[Edited on 15-3-2004 by Johannmon]

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Check this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It seems the Journalist reporting his claims 'got it wrong' rather than that Kerry's supposed 'statement' was wrong. he had denied he said it. I retain an open mind though as I don't know all the facts of the matter, but the whole thing looks staged to me.

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Read the links at the bottom of the article. Kerry in his statements at the town meeting affirmed that he did have conversations with foreign dignitaries and still refused to name the sources. THis is a new story not a repeat of an old link. The audio link will let you hear it in Kerry's voice and words though it is a montage. I am appalled that a candidate for public office would brow beat a citizen by asking him for his voting record in a public forum. This is detestable politics.

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 09:34 PM
link   
O.K cheers, I will read, I don't know the full story as I said. The link I quoted isn't old though, and surprisingly it's from the right wing Drudge report claiming that a journalist that reported he wrote 'foriegn leaders' is now saying he made a mistake and Kerry actually said 'more leaders'. Still seems applicable to this.

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 09:34 PM
link   
You think that Democratic leadership would have learned that to attack a citizen in a public forum is political suicide. I thought Kerry might have had a chance at this elections but viewing his behavior and hearing how he attacked that citizen asking him a valid question makes me wonder if he isn't going to self destruct just like Dean. Perhaps Ralph Nader is a better haven for those liberals who want to oppose Bush. At least he doesn't go off like a loose cannon like Kerry has recently spouting whatever seemed convenient

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Johannmon you need to fix the detailed story link. Too many Http's.

fixed link:
Detailed story

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 09:44 PM
link   
the story you posted refers to the same story as the link I posted in another thread where the reporter is saying he got this wrong and miss quoted the candidate.

Oh and PLEASE on the whole he attacked someone. Have you ever seen Bush in a news conference? I mean maybe it is reporters but lets not forget he called a reporter in the 2000 election an "asshole" while his mic was on. They are all HUMAN and get mad.

[Edited on 3/15/2004 by nativeokie]

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Again please check all the links on the story. The audio link is Kerry's admission that he made such statements and his defense of those statements. The reporters retraction is meaningless after such an admission.

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 09:49 PM
link   
To call a reporter a (c) is no big deal because they are such sometimes but to call a voter to task for his private voting record in a public forum is a breach of privacy and an affront to our form of democracy.

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Yeah, It was Nativeokie's thread I referenced, and now I've read the links in the initial post they don't take from anything apart from the initial Jornalists story that he himself now seems to have requieted.

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 09:55 PM
link   
This is really stretching to make this more than it is. I fully believe he did speak to leaders around the world who support him. Leaders is not necessarily heads of state though. Nelson Mandela, is considered a leader, the Pope is another leader, Prince Charles is yet another leader and so on.

As you can see it takes on a much different stance. People just jumped to assume it was heads of state.

Mainly he did not deny speaking to leaders and it is conceivable he is holding his ground, knowing he did not say what was reported.

Here is the drudge link if you are interested. And the reporters retraction is all that matters. One word does make a difference (remember the word emminent).

www.drudgereport.com...

[Edited on 3/15/2004 by nativeokie]

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I have to chime in here since I have listen to the audio link and Kerry does admit to having said that he has spoken with foreign leaders. He affirms the reporters story and defends it. Kegs have you listened to the link. It doesn't matter what the reporter recants if Kerry admits to it, it is fact and it is a big story. The real question now is who pressured the reporter to recant a story that was obviously true. Who got to him and what will he have to say now in the face of this new twist. There may be more to tell on this story than meets the eye

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 10:02 PM
link   
As outrageous as the quotes from Kerry are his behavior here is to me the bigger problem. He is a loose cannon. It is a problem when a candidate has to resort to bullying of a citizen, not a reporter mind you, a citizen, in order to feel he has won an argument. He needs to learn to be gracious or he will loose badly in November.

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Okay listened through (I thought it was just Rush rambling after the first comment).

Here are a couple of observations about the recording.
1. He says he has heard from foriegn leaders who are not happy with Bush. That is a far cry from saying they support him for the presidency. We heard from leaders in France and Germany that are not please with Bush so I guess we can make the same comment. He does say there are world leaders that want a change, he does not say they want him, basically "anyone but Bush".

2. The tape seems to go from one thing to another, if you listen it is another speech about our allies who have been pushed away, then jumps back to him "attacking" the republican.

It just seems that Rush's tape is a bit miss-leading, it seems to add that one part about allies in to make it seem these are the ones he spoke too.

First I am not a Kerry fan, but I HATE this hateful campaign and think both of them need to get their acts together. So if something is said I feel wrong about Bush, I will be first one to stand up.

Q

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 12:38 AM
link   
"You've got to win this. You've got to beat this guy. We need a new policy. This guy won't do a darn thing we want him to!"

Of course, the last bit of the quote's facetious, but I don't think it's too far off the mark. Why is it so imperative that we do what everybody else thinks we ought to do? Whatever happened to a government standing up for it's constituents because they are the base of it's power? The rest of the world just wants to control us like a dog on a leash, and Kerry is playing into their hands.

As far as browbeating the citizen, that was a serious faux pas on his part. I don't think it will affect much, as most of his supporters will follow him regardless of what he says or does simply because he's the 'AntiBush'.
(Yes folks, that is the scary part!) Still, there will be some fencesitters who will take note of it.

I can understand bashing a reporter. Surely they can get annoying when you're the focus of their questioning. However, when you're stumping around trying to win people over to your cause, trampling upon those who turned out to see you is not the brightest way to go about it.

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 04:11 PM
link   
This is big news yet it has been dropped by major media because of the reporters recanting of his orginal story. THis despite the fact that Kerry has affirmed the original story. THere seems to be a conspiracy here to cover up for Kerry's flaws. This in stark contrast to what the media did to Dr. Dean. There was even an ad on the TV this morning supporting Kerry sponsored by none other than the Associated Press! I thought that we were supposed to have campaign finance reform! This is a joke. I am starting to think that we are more like Russia than we would like to think with the media dictating elections. Hopefully enough people will wake up and see through this media conspiracy.

new topics

top topics

join