It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is our home water supply being turned to a trickle during the day?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Hey evryone
It's 11:00 am here and i just went upstairs to go make coffee.
I turned on the tap and the flow was nearly nonexistant....
now this may or may not sound weird but this isnt the 1st time its happend to me and I live in a part of north america where you dont pay for water
what do you guys think me just paranoid or forshadowings of huge water shortages to come?

spike

[edit on 14-8-2008 by Spike Spiegle]

[edit on 14-8-2008 by Spike Spiegle]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I wouldnt be too concerned. One of two things is going on here, either a water leak has occurred and they have to reduce flow to conserve water or it is that your water towers are low (which could result from the leak) which means there isnt much pressure to give you high flow water right now. Either way it shouldnt be too big of a worry.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
You may need a new pressure release valve on your well, about 12$ and easy to install.

Edit to say that you could actually go look at your valve first and see if it has been accidentally turned down.

[edit on 14-8-2008 by antar]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
um cough i dont have a well cough...lol

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
If it's just one fixture, both cold and hot water; Pull the aerator off the end of the spout and see how clogged up it is.

If it's one fixture and its either hot OR cold; You have either a rubber washer working loose on the stem OR the stop valve below the fixture on that line has the same problem.

If it's multiple fixtures within one room, but only cold or hot; look for bad valves on the water line going to that room.

If it's multiple fixtures with both cold and hot, in multiple rooms; either the pressure reducing coming into the house is bad OR the main shut off valve is partially blocked OR the screens on the meter set have been partially clogged.

Let us know what you find....

new topics

top topics

join