It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange pictures taken in St. Petersburg

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   

These photographs are taken at 10.08.2008 and are from different angles.
I do not know what this is and I do not think that this is some random cloud formation because the circle is very good. Maybe it is somehow connected to the 2012 events or not. I would like to read your opinions.

Sorry for my bad english it is not my first language.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   
It looks like what I know of HAARP.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I SWEAR i've seen those pictures before, and not in the last 4 days. If i could just remember where i've seen them...

So OP, where did you get the pictures from?

No need to worry about your english, many of us are not native speakers.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Wow... very cool photos. Some force definitely creating the circular pattern. I've seen some other bizarre cloud patterns which IMHO there is NO WAY could be considered random formations. Almost like there is some intelligence in the clouds. Thanks for posting the pics.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   
If I remember correctly, they are called hole punch clouds. I've got several pictures of them on my phone from a day they were all over the sky. I don't know how it happens, but it's cool.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Well I haven't been able to find a concrete explanation, but this seems to make sense.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Ok, correction. I haven't seen THOSE pictures. But i found the ones i saw and you'll understand my mistake is very excusable. Why? Take a look:

That is weird... Seems to have happened before. Any cloud experts here?

Please OP, tell us if you took the pictures yourself or where you got them from.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by InSanE1

Yeah, that makes sense...

So its not the Enterprise? I'm a little disappointed.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   
The strange thing is I cant remember the exact site but im sure it was a russian site.

[edit on 14-8-2008 by defiler]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   

How does the hole occur in the clouds ? - The puffy clouds were likely composed of ice crystals and very small super-cooled liquid water droplets. Studies have shown that very small supercooled liquid water droplets can exist well below freezing (as low as -40 degrees (C, or Centrigrade) ). The temperature in the cloud layer was around -24 deg (C) at the time of occurrence. Sometimes...when ice and the supercooled liquid droplets coexist within a cloud...a process occurs whereby ice crystals grow at the expense of the droplets. If the mixed cloud is agitated...the supercooled droplets freeze instantaneously. It is understood through microphysical arguments that water vapor must evaporate from the surrounding supercooled droplets and flow towards the ice crystals. This would start a cycle whereby newly formed ice crystals cause the surrounding droplet to evaporate...resulting in a circular form void of clouds with a mass of crystals in the center. Many photos taken that day seem to represent this process.

www.srh.noaa.gov...

In reality they don't really know what is causing them to occur.I myself have seen them on one or two occasions here in the Washington DC metropolitan area.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by defiler

There is a few threads about these sky circles...have a look here Sky circles!

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptGizmo

Just to add to Capt Gizmos information

They are called hole-punch clouds. There are a couple of theories behind their formation, the first being virga (precipitation not reaching the ground) falling from cirrus clouds and punching a hole within a cloud of a lower layer. The second occurs when an aircraft flys through a layer of cloud, displacing the water droplets

There are hundreds of photos of these clouds all over the internet, nothing new here

www.cloudappreciationsociety.org...

top topics

join