It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any news on Oak Island treasure?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I did a search and could not bring up the last web site posted or any real news on it. I know someone bought the rights to the island and has been trying to get to the treasure but have not heard anything else.

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I believe discovery channel had a special on the Oak Island treasure, but I don't believe they called it Oak Island treasure, but rather something else. It was either discovery channel or the History channel, I don't quite remember, however I do remember watching it.

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I tried finding info too, it has always fascinated me. But I think if anything is valuable there, it's been destroyed by the drilling. Didn't they find a piece of gold on a drill bit? If anything was in a watertight chest, it's waterlogged now!

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by curme
I tried finding info too, it has always fascinated me. But I think if anything is valuable there, it's been destroyed by the drilling. Didn't they find a piece of gold on a drill bit? If anything was in a watertight chest, it's waterlogged now!

Yep they drilled down and did bring up a small link of gold chain on the bit, they also found a stone that tells how far down the treasure is if I'm not mistaken or was a stone with strange writing on it, can't recall which. Anybody know which one it was?

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 03:24 AM
link   
I think they called it the Money Pit. If there is something there, it hasn't been found yet.

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 03:35 AM
link   
To delve into the mystery of the money pit requires you to tread down the path of the Knights Templar.

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Supposedly the owner says he has figured the secret out and claims it is full of silver and gold,

Here is a link to some information on the stones:

www.activemind.com...

I believe it has to do with the templars as well.

And if the owner is a Mason, im sure he will not publicly reveal anything but what the majority of the people already believe is in there, and that is Money.

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 12:12 AM
link   
HI,

please go to my site at hospedagem.infolink.com.br... and go to the Texts (turn to the version in English). There are some texts IO've written which link ND Prophecie, the oak island Treasure and the discivery of the identity of Henry, Second.
This is not an ad aboput the home page.

C.N

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I saw that Discovery program on the subject. There was this old man who said he figured out most of it, and then he would try to search with one of those hightech gadgets that can take 'sub-ground-pictures'. (No idea about what i should call it)

But that was like a year ago....?

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 12:34 PM
link   
A good book to check out from your local library would be "Holy Grail Across the Atlantic". From what I've heard about the Money pit in recent times is that a new contractor is on the job and has much better technology.

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I've found an amazing article summarizing everything to do with oak island:

www.csicop.org...

Its chocked Full of references as well.

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bluecollar
I've found an amazing article summarizing everything to do with oak island:

www.csicop.org...

Its chocked Full of references as well.

Great link, thank you! Good find.

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Oak Island is a very interesting story, from the depth of the shaft to the formation of the artificial beaches and system to flood the shaft

Oak Island Treasure

www.activemind.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">Active Mind

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 11:22 PM
link   
rolling stone actually did an article on oak island a few months ago probally in feburary or january it was very detailed and gave a whole history on oak island and an up to date info on what was going on without any of the speculation of the knights templars, masons or ect. if i find it i'll post it up.

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I just read an article about Oak Island the other day. The owner says he thinks that the flooding that occurs when they dig was a trap intentionally placed there by the treasure buriers. He says he has a plan to be able to dig down to the rock. Also, he is thinking of selling the island, as his plan will cost millions of dollars to see through...

He said the common problem with countless digs before has been water - all previous efforts to recover any treasure have been flooded out.

The latest plan is to drill a series of holes a metre apart in a ring 30 metres in diameter. At the centre is the so-called money pit, where many Oak Island buffs believe the treasure is stashed.

Mr. Wonnacott said a pipe header system would be installed in the holes and chilled brine would be pumped in, creating a ring of frozen soil down about 60 metres to bedrock.

"We want to be sure that whatever is in the money pit is inside that frozen ring, and we think we've got the correct location for the shaft to do it."

After the ring is excavated it would be lined with a steel shaft.

Full Story: www.herald.ns.ca...

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I have seen and read much about oak Island. Some things that occured to me are the tremendous amout of time and effort that went into it's protection-the shafts to both sides of the island...... With all that tramendous effort, I personally wonder if there might be more than just money (gold,silver...) treasure. I thought one of the theories I have read about it delt with the templars who were at one time reported to have either the holy grail or ark of the cov. One way or the other I hope we all get a chance to know who burried it there and what is burried there..

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 03:39 AM
link   
i recall devouring darcy o'connor's THE BIG DIG in 1988, and then waiting with bated breath for the answer to the oak island mystery that it assured us was right around the corner. you see, the book promised that after decades of false starts, delays, and the legendary dificulty with mud and water conditions, there was FINALLY going to be an all-out excavation at oak island. one with 8000 gallon per minute pumping capacity for the flooding and a shaft wide enough to encompass all the previous diggings....even better, a shaft that would go "as deep as it had to" to get to the treasure. best of all it was expected to be reach the elusive bottom of the money pit and solve the oak island mystery once and for all "within 4 to 6 months".

well, sixteen years later, we are still waiting for them to start it. i have become very cynical with oak island as a result, and sadly i think we will never live to see it fully explored. this latest guy talking trash is no different than the past few.... no one ever gets the funding they need and it SEEMS no one every realizes just what they're up against when it comes to the actual dig itself....

did you know that according to one estimate, there are a DOZEN seperate flooding systems that lead to the money pit, from several places on and off the island? that's right, the money pit builders built water inlets UNDER water, offshore.

did you know that boreholes that were sunk to 240 feet returned bits of wood and coconut fiber, implying that the drill bits had penetrated wooden ceilings even at THAT depth?

most people think they were only dealing with a simple shaft and a couple of flood tunnels there, but the truth is much more baffling, even shocking. THERE WAS A FAIRLY DEEP AND EXTENSIVE MINING OPERATION conducted on oak island once, between 350-400 years ago, and state-of-the-art flooding systems were put in. it was built by experts and it was built in secret, and had to be built to hide something of tremendous value.

everyone so far was obsessed with the potential VALUE of the "treasure" and therefore things like logistics were just an afterthought....as i said, i'm cynical thee days. if anything, the chances for solving the mystery are more pitiful NOW that in the 80's.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Discovey Channel airing a program about Oak Island 8 PM Eastern tonight. About 2 hrs from now, for those interested.

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I've been watching this for 45 years and they still haven't found jacksh!t!

The complex of tunnels does not make any sense to me!

I've been waiting for them to get the treasure that I've grown old and given up hope!

It'sgonna be like Jeraldo and Al Capone's Vault all over again!

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 06:05 PM
link   
The Torah Code Webmaster at www.onealclan.com will do a Code research for information and perhaps for the "X" on the map for the treasure site if someone will e-mail the webmaster at [email protected].

He will need words like "Oak Island," "treasure" "location" (or if you have a clue about the location like, "river bank," include that.)

Worth a shot?

top topics

join