It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

when are people going to snap?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
We have seen the posts and bits of blogs stating what might be. Whether one prediction was remotely correct, lets say 2%, would that be enough to take action. We are seeing the U.S. pushing itself further into debt. The oil value may be dipping but whether that lasts or to make us feel good to prepare us what is to come is anybodies guess. Deep discontent and brooding is reaching an apex here in our own country. News and continued efforts are in place to keep the pressure down, but for how long. Are we on the verge of our own countrymen doing something drastic here perhaps something unthinkable. Giving our enemies abroad a global springboard to act! Im guessing something big is going to occur in our own country.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Hi all..

False Flags, Lies & Nuclear Bombs

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
In my opinion, most of us who are fortunate enough to populate developed countries are for the greater part, fairly civilised and as such, need to be provoked beyond our "breaking point" before we will rebel, rise up as one etc. Consider the behaviours we observe in some less developed countries and it is abundantly apparent that they are infinitely more likely to take to the streets, riot etc to bring about a given aim. Whilst we are arguably far more civilised then the Men-In-Sandals, we still retain a "breaking point" but are rarely pushed beyond it, save for rare occurences, such as the Poll-Tax riots in the UK at the end of the last Conservative governments term, which resulted in the abolishment of the Poll Tax. The people still hold a great deal of power, but looking around myself every day, I see a plethora of people who appear to be too ignorant to even consider revolting as they can only relate to the most simple and facile of issues. Dumbing-down is killing our spirit - how can you fight the good fight when you're too stupid to even be aware of what's going on around you. Still, I live in hope LOL!

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I feel pretty much the same way as you nemesys.
Even my closest familly members(people i respect and know as being intelligent have little or no idee about whats going on...)
It leaves me quite sad and perplexed and it leads me to even question myeself perhaps this is what they want....

[edit on 14-8-2008 by Spike Spiegle]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I fear what the poster really wants to know: at what point do the "masses" finally get fed up and demand change? At what point will people realize that there are forces at work here that has been controlling our society and under the guise of freedom have totally enslaved us.

Remember:"the revolution will not be televised", it will not happen while we sit on our couch, remote in hand, absorbing the spin that is spewed from television. It will not happen while we sit there and think that things are good enough, and this is what life is. It will definately not happen while there are so many too brainwashed to know that there is even a problem.

To answer my not so wordy poster...People will never "snap", as long as the lies that are held as truth to humanity are finally dismissed by the masses. And as we all know the "masses" aren't too bright.....Unfortunately for the rest of us!

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by doomsday2012

Did you even understand what I said? Doesn't look like it.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Misfit

I totaly 100% agree with u.

We all have to educate ourselves first about it all, in order to understand what the revolt is for and why it needs to happen.

we have to protect the freedom of speach , and keep the internet alive, what once took days or even weeks to spread can now be done in a second.

from idaho to japan in nano seconds ,20 years ago it would have taken days and days for any info to get around.

so lets all use it and spread what we all have learnd as indaviduals and combine it to one whole learnd ideals . And without all the ego i know this and i know that , U know who cares who thought it all up just come together with all info so we all have the power.

If we keep the i know this and that and u dont or i came up with this or that mentality, we will never have a revolt that will suceed.

we all have to stand for the same things , no matter what race religion , country,tribe or what ever .All of us need to interlock hands and mind to win this battle , we all have to loose the selfish egos.

we all need to believe in the humans we are , as all being first class citizens / humans , and not second class citizens / humans as the elite believe and class all of us as .

we need to come together as one mind and not 6 billion

[edit on 14-8-2008 by plasmacutter]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Spike Spiegle

It is not bad where I live. Gas is going down, we have the right to carry firearms, food prices are pretty much the same as I was paying 5 years ago. It must be isolated in areas with high population. In that case I would get the hell out. Stocks are even looking better, nice to see that I can still retire before I am 112.

I like my life and would take this over some collapse of the economy and left wing farms. Yall can keep that crap on the left and right coasts. We are doing just fine thanks.

[edit on 14-8-2008 by TXMACHINEGUNDLR]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
posted before i read ur post .

cheer cheer bravo friend u get my vote for leader of the revolt.

spot on info

i bow to u midnightdestroyer

[edit on 14-8-2008 by plasmacutter]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
sorry this post was the post

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Lets Snap and Boycott! Money is the only thing that the governments and religions of the world believe in. So stop buying and they will be forced changed their ways.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Man,I'll be the first Dude behind you.Just make sure it's not when football is on or American Idol.And also I can't take much time off 'cause I got to work to pay my minimum on my credit cards and make the payment on the Escalade and oh yeah,it can't be to far away cause the 'lade uses a boat load of gas. BUT YEAH DUDE.LETS DO IT!!!! But not on Sunday, I take my mom to see my dad in prison on Sundays.

In all seriousness. We don't do anything because we have become sheeple.
We follow the crowd and the good Shepard whom ever it may be at the moment.

We have been trained to do that since they started lining us up in Kindergarten."Be quiet,line up,listen to what I tell you.Repeat after me. I pledge allegiance to the..........".

Looks like the next Shepard is going to be called Obaaaama.

[edit on 14-8-2008 by calcoastseeker]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to Spikepost by Spike Spiegle

I also agree with the quote from Freezem and am totally in agreement. John F Kennedy was a great man; he knew that changes were needed and was willing to go for it. But "they" had no intention of letting him make those changes. Revolt is necessary, but we need to face the fact that iof it happens, it will most likely turn violent. "They" don't listen when we do things nicely. Nonexistent

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Things have been really getting out of hand in a lot of ways. The economy, cost of everything, not only gas, the conspiracy against men, it's all sickening. I'd like to live off the grid, build a nice log cabin, in the woods, no BS TV, life would be much more enjoyable.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I don't mean to say it was an accurate portrayal of reality but after seeing The Dark Knight I began to think. Perhaps the Joker is what happens to those who snap, imagine if you were that crazy, but at the same time, that intelligent and calculating. Imagine for a moment that if the law, or the lawmakers were unfair that you could just burn it all to the ground. Imagine if you were out there on the edge, so far, that you could get away with it all some how. Imagine the change you could bring, and imagine the freedom and feelings of liberation that would come with it. Not to say its the right choice, but imagine.

[edit on 14-8-2008 by MysteriousTraveller]

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I was not talking about snapping like the joker jeez....
please read betwene the lines.
snapping=a collectiv revolt(prolly violent)
It seems that we all agree to dissagree on all the little facts.
who cares what snap means or doesnt mean
are you happy with america? im not and bloody well scared

ps:i'm not even in america

[edit on 15-8-2008 by Spike Spiegle]

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by TXMACHINEGUNDLR
... food prices are pretty much the same as I was paying 5 years ago. ...

You are full of crap, unless you are buying junk food as "food"! 5 years ago, two carts full of items (from a "brand name" store) would have come to about $350. The last time I did 2 carts, it came to over $500. ($535-$550 if I remember right)

Two carts of items from a "discount" store would come to about $150-$175. The last time I did that, they came to $350.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Lets please try to stay on topic and not tell people they are full of crap thanks

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 04:12 AM
link   
When are we going to snap?

I think if you believe a war is started (under the guise of freedom or helping the poor and needy to get it back") with the dynamic actually being economic gain...through the means of ripping natural-resources and sharing it with the ally and gaining economic-power over others...

When are we going to snap?...we could snap (revolt) the minute we would understand that WE are actually controlling this war.........

Yes you read it right ...i think We are controlling wars by asking/needing accepting the one resource that makes some leaders start a war...that is the oil...

We are asking for it...we supposedly need it and consume it and BUY it...
Can you imagine what other would happen if we globally didn;t buy any oil anymore?....can you imagine how that would effect say GWB mission OR any other leader of countries how they would think twice before starting a war that would gain nothing because we all don;t want erts/uranium (OIL) anymore....

Yes it would greatly affect our living situation if we choose to do that because consequence would be:
1. You can;t buy or tank anymore...so how are you going to get from a to
b?.....Is that really a big problem though? it;s annoying yes but...there
are other options and most important other options in energy use will be forced by us...

We are actually all moaning about GWB and other Leaders who are doing the exact same.....But we all seem to forget (convenient & selectively??) that we actually hold the 1-Weapon to stop wars.....

Do you want to change the world? start really does begin at home and understanding the dynamics.....No excuses (like little kids do when in a fight always pointing at the other)....

Just think about it & take responsibility

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Dude people are already snapping , anarcist societies are growing in number everyday exponentally, crime rates are skyrocketing like never before and the world is going to Hell in a hand basket. Wars are starting like schoolyard fights people that are scared to take up arms to fight to not be pushed down are either killing themselves or hiding behind some bull# liberal group, anarchy is rising and soon it will take over and the only ones that survive will be the ones with the biggest guns and the quickest trigger fingers. Life is bull#, technology is the reason why, Im not some damn hippie against technology but humans in general create technology that gets out of control because they cant handle it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join