It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White Americans to be minority by 2042

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by WeNeedAWar

I think the US paying black Americans reparations is a little too much. Part of the reason being because I question where that money would go. I do believe that intercity schools should be upgraded, along with a few other things that might help.

The issue here is not that at one time black Americans were slaves and now the need a present to make things better. The issue is that at one point in time in this country it was illegal to teach Black Americans to read or write. Even when the slaves were freed most of them could not get decent jobs and were forced to live in ghettos.

It was years later till black Americans were allowed to go to the same schools that white American children could go to. So even at the point where black Americans were free their education was still below that of white Americans.

It's like running a mile but the black Americans started two laps behind the white Americans. It is still effecting the black community today here in America. I would like to say that at some point things are going to be different but I can't say that today. Not enough people care to say anything. What they do care enough about is jump up and say is, "the black community has the largest percentage of people on welfare". "The black community has the largest percentage of people in prison". "The black community can't do well on national exams".

On the other hand I will say this is a problem of social status. People in the ghettos are all having the same problems no matter what race they are. It doesn't matter if you are white, black or any other color school are just not created equally. It just so happens that if you live in a high income neighborhood then your children are going to go to a good school.

Reparations for black Americans is not a good idea, but fixing our crappy schools is.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
What disturbs me is the fact that if i set out on a mission to create a movie of BLACK men can't jump, I would lose money.

This is and has gone on far longer then i care to vomit.
Blacks are Black.

My question is, why is it alright for black people to say the N word, when they continue to tell press and media that the N word is so bad?

If it is BAD then wtf are they calling each other it? WHY would folks call folks UGLY names if it is bad, YET they do it everyday??

Whatever.........

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610
read this
[edit on 14-8-2008 by Sonya610]

i edited your text that you posted because i accidently deleted and can't get it back without refreshing

nehow, let me asnwer yous other post where you say someone like me may have dissapared, i have a family buddy, gimme some time more than 24hrs at very very least. Sometimes even more.

Nehow, in response to your post... hmmmm... got anything other than just one site?

Indian features are very unique

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I know this is a bit off topic but this reminded me of a headline in my local newspaper once: "Study says only 89% of residents are caucasian"

I lol'd when I read that.

Anyway, I find that interesting, I didn't know that, I wonder if white people will still be seen as a majority, in South Africa white people are a minority but they still opressed the black people there (I'm not saying all South Africans are racist, but that is basically what happened.)

[edit on 14-8-2008 by W35M4N]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by spitefulgod

Well I only post this since I know Sonya610 will have a field day and it's nice to see you yanks are in the same boat as the brits, but anywho basically it just states that by 2042 estimations predict that the white population will be a minority. I think it will be much sooner in the UK myself.

Good news for some, bad news for others.

Is it time to embrace or cull?

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

Your tone reeks of racism. You seem to be under the mistaken impression that a "yank" is a white American, when in all honesty, it refers to "Americans". America is not a nation defined by, or restricted to the color of ones own skin. We are a nation of many cultures, and colors which cannot be defined as "one" race. This is what makes many Americas proud of their country. We are the melting pot of cultures, and to many Americans, that is a badge of honor.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Styki

I agree that our school system needs improvement. One thing which should be done would be to start testing students for talent instead looking for new ways to stigmatize them. Then put kids into programs to help develop their natural talents. I disagree that whites have always had an advantage over blacks in terms of education. Many areas of this country have schools that do not educate most of the students they recieve and never have regardless of color.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Vikki

This is something that is a huge problem.

Some how in the ghetto this behavior started and is now the stereotypical black person. At the same time there is this "black culture" that has formed and is expressed through music and media. I recognize this "black culture" is a way of life for some but it is far from what Martin Luther King saw in his dream.

It is very hard to tell someone that they need to have higher goals with out saying that this culture that has developed is not good enough. However, it's something that needs to be done. This is where those statistics that I was talking about need to come out. Not in a form that degrades but in a manner that will provide helpful advise.

I believe that it is important put the same amount of energy into saying what is needed to help the black community as I do defending it. It would be pointless to do anything else.

[edit on 14-8-2008 by Styki]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
While I agree that diversity is what made America great, there is a side of this that concerns me. If the population numbers game interests you, I suggest you take a peek at Mark Steyn's book "America Alone". He goes into pretty good detail about the fertility rate of various countries. As a whole, most of the western countries have a negative fertility rate. That is, on average each family is producing fewer than 2 children. Do the math and mommy and daddy aren't having enough kids to replace them when they die. The US had the highest with 2.1 kids per family, which means we are just barely replacing those who die. Some European countries had a fertility rate of just around 1. The problem he proposes, immigrants to western countries have much higher fertility rates. Steyn proposes that it's a problem IF those people are not assimilating into the cultures they are moving into. Our English cousins from across the pond surely have been hearing about Sharia law being incorporated into your legal system. Why is this? Are we so eager to be that considerate of others that we give up our legal system bit by bit? To me that just doesn’t seem right. It really is an interesting book that is not just fear mongering against Muslims. The math is good and if there's any validity in his premise, then the next 100 years could be very interesting for western civilization.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by West Coast

Agreed, however coming from his perspective I doubt it's possible for him to realize that the US attitude and mentality in general is much different than that of the UK, we have been a melting pot since the practically the beginning of the modern day US (not limiting this to the original 13 colonies) but as a whole since the last state was admitted into the union. For instance, the southwest has always had persons of Mexican decent and spanish speakers even before they were admitted into the union. England is profoundly different in that that was never the case, their immigrants/minorities (non whites) have come much later and for different geosocial reasons. African Americans and quite a few Mexican/Hispanic Americans have been in the US for multi generations now, some 6 or 7 generation. Anyhow, if you want a look at the US 40 years from now, look at California today. I still love the state and even that much more for it's diversity.

[edit on 14-8-2008 by JJCv2]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
From what I see, whites have as many babies as they can afford, witch is about one or two, but hispanics dont care if they can support them they just keep having babies regardless. I see so many hispanic families with about 5 kids and they all look poor,

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by spitefulgod

Every few years they come out with this crap. First time I heard this it was 2010, then 2028, then 2032, now it is 2042
Well at 33 I wont care much by then.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Out of context: and very light hearted, but Id like to nominate myself as THE whitest person on ATS

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Just about every society, empire, or nation of the past that became "diverse" always wound up being destroyed. No "mixed" nation has ever succeeded. They ALWAYS ended up destroying themselves from the inside out.

Face the facts, the different human races will never exist together peacefully, and are best separated.

Whites oppress blacks and hispanics? Ok, so we make it for whites no longer are the majority, and let's make hispanics the majority. What will happen? The hispanics will just end up oppressing the whites and blacks. Ok, so we make it for hispanics are no longer the majority after that, and make blacks the new majority. The blacks will just end up oppressing the hispanics and the whites.

It will be a tiresome, never-ending cycle that will go on for eons (and has been going on for eons).

The group (or race) that holds majority will always "oppress" the minority. It's just how it works.

Humans stick with other humans that they share a common bond with. Republicans back other Republicans. Gays back other gays. People who enjoy fishing/hunting back other people who enjoy fishing/hunting.

Blacks will always back Blacks, Whites will always back Whites, Hispanics will always back Hispanics, and so on, because they ALL share a common bond with one another, no matter their politics, religion, or anything else.

[edit on 14-8-2008 by ADisbeliever]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by eradown

who said spanish spoken = 3rd world?

i just didnt notice alot of mexicans, i noticed that 'many' of your workers were mexicans and that many english literature was also translated into spanish ie. t.v programs, newpapers, signage ectect.

i also heard many white americans speaking alot of spanish. probably b/c they are so used to commuicating with mexicans working in lower classed pereceived jobs like house cleaning, nannies, bus boys ectectect.

this is a very intresting thread none the less because its a true example of the ammounts of racism still evident in our society.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
reply to post by mybigunit

Do you have any proof for that? And stormfronters are the online version of the KKK. They're white power racists. They are the worst people on the net IMO.

No they are not, and that is pure ignorance. 2002? They just hand out mod hats it seems.

Sheesh...

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by bloodcircle

en.wikipedia.org...(website)
www....[hate-site-nolink]/forum/forumdisplay.php/stormfront-britain-39.html
Wasn't sure you were serious. Because they still preach thier crap.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by spitefulgod

The whole "diversity is our strength" thing is retarded. If that's true, then why do people have a problem with racists? If we all wind up mixed then there won't be any diversity will there? I think it pretty insulting to say that ten blacks aren't capable of making decisions as well as 2 mexicans, 2 whites, 2 jews, 2 japanese, and 2 hawaiians.

This is such a touchy subject because no one likes to feel inferior. But denying that there are any differences in cultures or saying that no culture is better than the other is just plain stupid. If the Mexican (latino) culture is just as good as the American (white) culture, then why do millions of Mexicans ILLEGALLY enter the US every year?

The truth is that the vast majority of the people on the planet would prefer to live in a Western (white) environment. I personally don't know why it's so hard for non-whites to restructure their environments to mimic the Western model. Maybe because it's just easier to move. That in and of itself makes it more difficult to change their own countries because of the "brain drain" that immigration into white countries causes.

I do know that if the new members of Western society don't change their ways, instead expecting the host nation to accept the ones they bring with them from the place that they didn't like well enough to stay, there won't be any "good" places left to move.

Bring your poor, your tired,your blahblahblah..... Welcome to America. All we ask is that you leave your old, poor, dirty and tired way of doing things at the door. We do things differently here. That's why you came right? Learn our culture. Learn our language. Learn to be an American.

just my 22 cents

Eric

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
All in all , this is pretty much a projection which
will never occur.
Think about it -- don't you really think the rapture will
occur by then?
Most hispanics are Christian/Catholic which means that
most of them will not be in the US by 2042 if rapture occurs
before then.
Thus mathematically ,whites will still be the majority if you are white and
unfortunately still here after the rapture.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by riggs2099
reply to post by bloodcircle

en.wikipedia.org...(website)
www....[hate-site-nolink]/forum/forumdisplay.php/stormfront-britain-39.html
Wasn't sure you were serious. Because they still preach thier crap.

What is 'their crap'?

You linked to a generic britain subsection of the forum. I can show you threads here that are entirely bigotted and biased also.

To state that stormfront is nothing but an online KKK forum filled with nothing but racists, is ignorant. Much like saying ATS is nothing but a forum for wild haired crazy senile kooks who claim ufos fly out of their butts.

I've seen more intolerance and xenophobia in certain established islamic forums online to be quite honest, and it drowns out the rational and sane participants who profer valid, rational opinions.

Anyway, not going there.

/Off topic.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by West Coast

Your tone reeks of racism. You seem to be under the mistaken impression that a "yank" is a white American, when in all honesty, it refers to "Americans". America is not a nation defined by, or restricted to the color of ones own skin. We are a nation of many cultures, and colors which cannot be defined as "one" race. This is what makes many Americas proud of their country. We are the melting pot of cultures, and to many Americans, that is a badge of honor.

So what I like to stereotype, no big deal although speaking of racism like I've said before on other threads the young Muslims in this country would love nothing better than to see us dead, I see it every single day in their eyes but you PC lot roll over for them and state "racist", "bigot", "hate monger" and yet again I am proved right as last night just up the road from me another 3 Muslims are arrested on terrorism charges as seen here in this article

BBC news articles on racist terrorists

The hate is in their eyes or maybe the police are just racist? maybe one day you'll get off your shinning PC horse you might see the truth before it's too late.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join