It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White Americans to be minority by 2042

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

no not at all

you ask a jamaican in america what he is, he'll say jamaican
ask an indian living in the U.S., he'll say he is an indian
ask an african though and he'll say american

depends who you ask, but roots matter more than location
it's not where you live, it's where your blood and culture is from

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
Is this really a problem

After all they will still be Americans regardless of colour, right?

I know what you are saying, but I need to say that color is not what concerns people about the changing demographics of America. Mexicans blend in with Americans because they are a Spanish(European) Indian mix. Most of the fears of Americans have something more to do with Spanish becoming the dominant language.

[edit on 14-8-2008 by eradown]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
That is completely incorrect in so many levels.
As mentioned russian historians believe indians to be the purest of breeds.

Secondly no brahman considers himself at all to be anywhere near caucasian, in fact they try to distance themselves as much as possible.

From a site on the history of India: www.indhistory.com...

Aryans, or more specifically Indo-Aryans, make their first notable appearance in history around 2000-1500 BC as invaders of Northern India. The Sanskrit Rig Veda, a collection of religious texts still revered by modern Hindus, records (often enigmatically) their gradual subjugation of the dark-skinned inhabitants, the Dasyus: e.g. "Indra [=Norse Thor, Celtic Taranis] has torn open the fortresses of the Dasyus, which in their wombs hid the black people. He created land and water for Manu [=Aryan man]"; "lower than all besides, hast thou, O Indra, cast down the Dasyus, abject tribes of Dasas"; "after slaying the Dasyus, let Indra with his white friends win land, let him win the sun and water"; "Indra subdued the Dasyu color and drove it into hiding." With all-outstripping chariot-wheel, O Indra, Thou, far-famed, hast overthrown the twice ten kings ... Thou goest from fight to fight, intrepidly. Destroying castle after castle here with strength. (RV 1.53)

The Aryans were remarkably expansionist, and almost everywhere they went they conquered and subjugated the indigenous peoples, imposing their languages and (to varying degrees) their religious beliefs on the natives, and receiving in turn contributions from the peoples whom they conquered.

And some Indian posters on ATS have made it very clear they consider the Brahams to be Aryan as well...

Originally posted by 44soulslayer
reply to post by Sonya610

Genetically speaking, Indians are something of an aberration in Asia. Indian mtDNA most closely resembles Central Eurasian DNA of the Caucasus and Caspian rather than that of Asia (mongoloid) or Arabia.

This, in conclusion with Bamshad's 2001 study into genetics in India lead me to belive that Indians originated somewhere near the Caspian sea, and are a brach of the Indo-Iranian or Indo-Aryan race (whichever terminology you prefer).

What makes India even harder to categorise is the fact that you will find a massive range of human races there. The brahmin caste is almost entirely Aryan (in the true, non-nazi sense of the word), the dalits are almost entirely Dravidian and there are the odd dispersed groups of Baghdadi jews, syrian christians etc.

[edit on 14-8-2008 by Sonya610]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   

I don't normally reply to forums, threads, blogs or whatever they are called, frankly because I can't be bothered. But I was just wondering how Sonya610 drew the conclusion that white people are responsible for at least 98% of the worlds inventions and technologies. Now, not to take anything away from the great white inventors, technicians, scientists etc who have made remarkable discoveries throughout the ages; but I would seriously suggest that a little research into the early blueprints of things like the lightbulb, the car, the blood-transfusion, the pen, the open-heart surgery, the WC, the sewer and even the good old computer that we use for our rants is needed. Of course, certain white inventors have been credited with these over the years, but the truth of the matter is that non-white men and women were responsible for some pretty life changing articles, but have not had the recognition that they damn well deserve.
As for white people being a minority, maybe in the end we were all meant to be a mixed race so all that is happening is a prophecy being fulfilled.
This is all too long for me really, and it is disappointing that we are still living in an age where there is a lot of hatred for people of different races, cultures and religions.
Live and Love people - hatred is an ugly force

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   

White people did not invent everything! They just stole it all and claimed it as their discovery. I don't wish any race to be extinct, but I'm sick of a certain people claiming that they came up with everything. The Ancient Egyptians weren't White so how do explain that? White people are cool, but need to stop being full of themselves to think that no one would have a house if it weren't for them!

[edit on 14-8-2008 by Teeky]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Since there is pride of the white race, don't forget the other inventions.
Serial killers, mass murders, pedophilia(majority are white) and genocide and you could go on and on. So yeah, I wonder where we would be without the white race
www.cnn.com...
One of the great and almighty whites at thier best

[edit on 14-8-2008 by riggs2099]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by riggs2099
Serial killers, mass murders, pedophilia(majority are white) and genocide and you could go on and on. So yeah, I wonder where we would be without the white race
www.cnn.com...

Yeah, those are great statistics huh? Go figure, the majority of the US is white and they turn out the MOST serial killers and the MOST pedophiles. Lets remember those SPECIFIC crimes shall we?

There are FIVE TIMES as many white people than black for instance. In fact the PERCENTAGE rate of black serial killers and black pedophiles is a bit higher than the PERCENTAGE of white serial killers and pedophiles if one factors in POPULATION DIFFERENCES.

Do you understand what I am saying there? If all things were equal 60% of ALL crimes should be committed by white people, not just a handful. For instance black males make up 6% of the population in the US but commit 49% of the murders. How often does CNN mention that statistic? How often do ANY media sources get into the fact that whites outnumber other races when quoting those stats? I can tell you how often, NEVER!

People LOVE to bring up serial killers and pedophiles but those are the two main crimes where whites come ANYWHERE close when compared to certain other races.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610

Originally posted by riggs2099
www.cnn.com...

Yeah, those are great statistics huh? Go figure, the majority of the US is white and they turn out the MOST serial killers and the MOST pedophiles. Lets remember those SPECIFIC crimes shall we?

There are FIVE TIMES as many white people than black for instance. In fact the PERCENTAGE rate of black serial killers and black pedophiles is a bit higher than the PERCENTAGE of white serial killers and pedophiles if one factors in POPULATION DIFFERENCES.

Do you understand what I am saying there? If all things were equal 60% of ALL crimes should be committed by white people, not just a handful. For instance blacks make up 12% of the population in the US but commit 51% of the murders. How often does CNN mention that statistic? How often do ANY media sources get into the fact that whites outnumber other races when quoting those stats? I can tell you how often, NEVER!

People LOVE to bring up serial killers and pedophiles but those are the two main crimes where whites come ANYWHERE close when compared to certain other races.

Some people put this down to over policing and under protection of the ethnic minorities although I like to call BS on this that excuse, when crime is involved the "R" word is used way too much.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I was going to avoid this discussion, but thought "nahhh just one post". Haha.

Its great how so many say "that is not true!" and then either disappear when proof is provided or NEVER bother to state any sources to back up their claims. They just simply say "well we all know that is not true so there!"

These types of threads irritate me, but I have a hard time resisting them.

I am done here.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Henry Louis Gates, Jr. is the chairman of Afro-American studies at Harvard and is demanding that whites pay reparations to blacks for slavery. Fred Reed is a reporter that presents an interesting essay on this subject.

So How Many Slaves Do You Own???

For those of you unfamiliar with Fred Reed, he's a police reporter for one of the large Washington newspapers.......

Anyway, Fred publishes (published) a weekly online column in which he got to say the things his editors would never, ever have let him write in the paper. His stuff is iconoclastic and various articles have probably offended everyone regardless of political orientation.

So, with the warning that "This is definitely not politically correct", here comes Fred.

The following is an essay regarding the failings of a system and a culture. Please note that he elegantly describes the mood of many Americans and he does so without prejudice.

Slavery Reparations ..by Fred Reed

"On the Web I find that Henry Louis Gates Jr., the chairman of Afro- American Studies at Harvard,

is demanding that whites pay reparations to blacks. It's because of slavery, see. He is joined in this endeavor by a gaggle of other professional blacks. I guess he'll send me a bill, huh?

I feel like saying, "Let me get this straight, Hank. I'm slow. Be patient. You want free money because of slavery, right? I don't blame you." I'd like free money too. Tell you what. I believe in justice. I'll give you a million dollars for every slave I own, and another million for every year you were a slave. Fair enough? But tell me, how many slaves do you suppose I have? In round numbers, I mean...Say to the nearest dozen. And how long were you a slave?

Oh. In other words, I owe you reparations for something that I didn't do and didn't happen to you. That makes sense. Like lug nuts on a birthday cake.

Personally, I think you owe me reparations for things you didn't do and never happened to me. I've never been coated in Dutch chocolate and thrown from the Eiffel Tower. I'll bet you've never done it to anyone. I want reparations. Kinda silly, isn't it?

But if we're going to talk about reparations, that's a street that Runs in two directions. You want money from me for what some other whites did to some other blacks in another century. How about you guys paying whites reparations for current expenses caused by blacks? Not long ago blacks burned down half of Los Angeles, a city in my country. Cities are expensive, Hank. Build one sometime and you'll see what I mean. Whites had to pay taxes to repair Los Angeles for you. You can send me a check.

Now, yes, I know you burned LA because you didn't like the verdict in the trial of those police officers. Well, I didn't like the verdict in the Simpson trial. But I didn't burn my house and loot Korean grocers. Over the years blacks have burned a lot of American cities: Newark, Detroit, Watts, on and on. Now add in the fantastic cost over the years of welfare in all its forms, of large police forces and jails and security systems in department stores.

I can't live in the capital city of my own country because of crime committed by blacks. Toss in the cultural cost of lowering standards in everything for the benefit of blacks. See what I mean?

Now, I'd view things differently if you said, "Fred, blacks can't get anywhere in a modern country without education. We know that. We need better schools, smarter teachers, harder courses, books with smaller pictures and bigger words. Can you help us?" I'd say, "Hallelujah! Hoo-ahh! Not just yes, but hell yes. Let's sell an aircraft carrier and get these folks some real schools and get them into the economic mainstream."

I'd say it partly because it would be the right thing to do, and partly, because I'd like to add you guys to the tax base.

The current custodial state is expensive. I'd just love for blacks to study and learn to compete and stop burning places. But is it going to happen? You may not believe it, but I, and

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
most whites, don't like seeing blacks as miserable and screwed up as they are. I spend a fair amount of time in the projects. Those places are ugly. It's no fun watching perfectly good kids turn into semiliterate dope dealers who barely speak English. It just plain ain't right. But, Hank, what am I supposed to do about it? I can't do your children's homework.. At some point, people have to do things for themselves, or they don't get done.

Maybe it's time.

I'll tell you what I see out in the world, Hank.. I think blacks are too accustomed to getting anything they want

by just demanding it. True, it has worked for over half a century. Get a few hundred people in the street, implicitly threaten to loot and burn, holler about slavery, and the Great White Cash Spigot turns on. Thing is, whites don't much buy it any longer. Most recognize that what once was a civil-rights movement has become a shakedown game. Few people still feel responsible for the failings and inadequacies of blacks. Political correctness keeps the lid on -- but everyone knows the score. Which scares me, Hank.

On one hand, blacks hate whites and incline toward looting and burning. (The whites you hate are the ones who marched in the civil-rights movement. Ever think about that?)

On the other hand, whites quietly grow wearier and wearier of it. Not good.

On the third hand (allow me three hands, for rhetorical convenience), blacks keep demanding things. As I write, you demand reparations for slavery. Blacks in Oklahoma (I think it was) want money for some ancient race riot. Other blacks reject the Declaration of Independence, blacks in New York hint broadly at burning and looting over a trial, yet more demand the elimination of the Confederate flag, and the federal equal opportunity apparatus, which means blacks, wants to sue Silicon Valley for not hiring nonexistent black engineers.

That's a lot of demanding for one month, Hank. What happens if whites ever say, "No"?

Now, how about you? You've got a cushy job up there at Harvard, and you can hoot and holler about what swine and bandits whites are. I guess it's lots of fun, and you get a salary for it. But don't you think you might do blacks more good if you told them to complain less and study more?

For example, if you want blacks to work in Silicon Gulch, the best approach might be to find some really smart black guys, and get them to study digital design, not Black Studies. That's how everybody else does it. It works. Then blacks wouldn't feel left out, and racial tension would decline.

Sound like a plan? Just out of curiosity, how many hours a week do professors of Afro-American Studies spend in the projects, encouraging poor black kids to study real life sho-nuf subjects?

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
The above was a letter from an email I got. If the whites are going to be the minority then the other races better step it up a notch

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   

What culture are you sad to see dying?

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Who invented most everything that MAKES UP THEIR WORLD ANYWAY?

I cannot believe somebody would be so narrow-minded to make such a statement.
Are a you a member of StormFront or something? I thought this was ATS...

Word of caution.

Modern civilisation as we know it, started in the Middle East. Not on some green, American prairie.

The first people to write a language down, set laws, found cities, build castles, philosophise, theorise and advance humanity from beyond a bunch of spear-wielding, hunter-gatherers were not blonde-haired, blue-eyed, model Aryans.

Mmmm... shocking I know.

The Cradle of Civilisation, Mesopotamia, gave birth to all the principles our Western civilisations were founded upon.

Show some more respect and less ignorance...

Where would you be today without the wheel? Or an alphabet? Or banking? Or a constitution to guarantee you freedoms? Or irrigation to grow food? Or the Postal System? Or the concept of numbers?

You'd be fighting for scraps in the wilderness, that's where...

Smarten up.

[edit on 14/8/08 by The Godfather of Conspira]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by spitefulgod

Multi racial populations don't bring about a downfall of a nation on that basis alone..

Multi national and cultural populations implode upon themselves..

That's the only problem with Mexicans. Mexicans have a culture, often times much stronger then American.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
The term middle eastern is misleading. Religion wise Judaism, Islam ,and Christianity are very similar and intersect often. Even before Christianity took root in the west many of the western myths bear a resemblance to middle eastern myths. As far as what middle easterners look like the Amorites were described as tall and blond. Even now there are many Arabs who do not match the stereotype people have of Arabs. German has its roots in ancient Hittite. With this much in common why do we not consider Arabs western?

[edit on 14-8-2008 by eradown]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Well don't worry everyone. They're not going to round us up and kill us all when we're outnumbered.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Most of the issues dealing with race and crime have to do with where people grow up and what they are taught. A more reasonable approach would be to take a look at the types of crime that come out of a certain area. Something reasonable to do to correct this problem would be providing a proper education and cleaning up certain areas that need a little more attention. However, this is easier said than done and doesn't look like it's going to happen anywhere in the near future. With that being said there are still going to be individuals who look at statistics and claim that a race is failing with out even bothering to think about the background information which lead to these circumstances. Now how smart is that? I might as well tell you because obviously some people wont be able to pick up that it's actually pretty stupid.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by eradown

btw, i was in the states beg of this year and i actually thought spanish was the most dominant language there already.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by enlighten2012
reply to post by eradown

btw, i was in the states beg of this year and i actually thought spanish was the most dominant language there already.

Most of the Mexicans also speak English. I suppose those who are not from America notice Mexicans and you pay attention when you hear Spanish. Americans are so used to Mexicans we never take notice of Mexicans speaking Spanish or not speaking Spanish unless they cuss in Spanish. New Mexico has always been bilingual. Spanish spoken does not equal third world.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join