It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White Americans to be minority by 2042

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by monkeybus
Yeah, ok no whites by 2042 was it? this IS the telegraph. i wouldnt pay much attention, unless there was a whites only Virus this wont happen, i would be happy to place a large bet on it.

I was thinking about that myself, when the future comes along and the Matel "My first gene splicing kit" is in every kids home what's to stop people from creating their own killer virii?

[edit]
Whoops off topic, but like the guy earlier stated you are splitting hairs, the fact remains that whoever invented all these wonderful things was caucasian in origin.

[edit on 14/8/2008 by spitefulgod]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

Well then if that wasn't your intention, I apologize for jumping to conclusions. But it strongly seems so.

P.s: Your link doesn't say anything about IQ or the level of education. Only the fertility rate.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I think the study says a lot about the people who conducted it and after thinking about it I have concerns over what they were trying to prove. Their study states that some 30 to 40 years from now white non-Hispanic folks are going to be a minority to all those other people living in the US.

I just saw this story on CNN (TV) and they listed the statistics in this order:

Hispanics - 30%
Blacks - 15%
Whites - 47%
Asians - 9%

What kind of order is that? It's not alphabetical. The statistics are pretty much in order from the greatest percentage on down except for the whites which are third and seems out of order to me. I for the life of me can't understand why they would write it in that order... Let me fix it.

Whites - 47% (majority)
Hispanics - 30%
Blacks - 15%
Asians - 9%

Or I can just fix to how this story has been stated throughout the media.

Non-whites - 54%
Whites- 47%
(I know this is 101% but they must have rounded up with one of the statistics at some point.)

Also, women with an IQ of over 140 are more likely to decide not to have kids? That's smart, nice way to end your bloodline. Although I do blame this on todays complex society. Do to personal finance concerns it's smarter to wait to have children. Also if you have a job that takes up the majority of your time you might not even want to have children at all.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I agree totally that many inventions and discoveries came from the east.In fact,most modern inventions are actually things that have been "re-discovered."

Although,

An indian created C and C++ the programming languages

Bjarne Stroustrup,from Denmark,developed the C++ programming language.

Aryabhatta invented 'zero.'

The idea of zero has been around since Babylonian times,but it was in India,though not by Aryabhatta,where it was first used as a number and not merely a symbol for separation.The oldest known text to use a decimal place-value system, including a zero,is the Jain text entitled the Lokavibhâga, dated 458 AD.

The world's first University was established in Takshila in 700BC.

The founding is still hotly disputed and,although it was a center of learning,there are arguments against it being a university.Unlike Nalanda which is accepted as being a university.

Ayurveda is the earliest school of medicine known to humans.

As this started as a verbal tradition there is no way of knowing when it was 1st developed.This means the age of Ayurveda has been established on the basis of correlating the evidence with other disciplines as well as circumstantial evidence.

Algebra, trigonometry and calculus came from Inida.

Algebra has its origins in Babylonia.Trigonometry is harder to trace as it appeared in India,Egypt and Mesopotamia at similar times.Although the common practice of measuring angles in degrees,minutes and seconds comes from the Babylonian's base sixty system of numeration.Origins of calculus have been traced back to Egypt.The Egyptian Moscow papyrus (c. 1800 BC) successfully calculated the volume of a pyramidal frustum.
Quadratic equations also have there origins in Babylonia.As early as 1800 BC
could solve a pair of simultaneous equations of the form:x+y=p, xy=q (discovered on clay tablets.)The oldest known quadratic equations in India come from the 8th century BC.

The earliest reservoir and dam for irrigation was built in Saurashtra.

The earliest reservoir dates back to 3000BC,but at Girnar not Saurashtra.

Sushruta is the father of surgery.

Trepanation is the oldest known surgery technique and can be traced way back to Neolithic times.The Sumerians (4000BC) developed several important medical techniques.
Sushruta was a gifted man but he is only known as the Father of Surgery because of his numerous written texts,collectively known as the Susrutha Samhita,which are the oldest of their kind.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Styki

Screw bloodlines. If people were really intelligent, they wouldn't have kids of their own until every single kid up for adoption was adopted. Having your own kids when there are kids out there desperate for parents is, well, selfish.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by spitefulgod

Immigration from Eastern Europe contributes to the White birth rate. Britain has a significant amount of immigration from Europe - last time I checked, not all of them were none white

2100 is when whites are meant to become the minority in the United Kingdom.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I read the article but it doesnt reall state what "white" is. I mean look at Barak Obama. They call him African-American but he's half white and half black. I just want to know what the definition is.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by eradown

The car you drive and the planes you ride were invented by Americans.

François Isaac de Rivaz designed the first internal combustion engine,in 1806.He was Swiss.

Karl Benz generally is acknowledged as the inventor of the modern automobile.In 1896 he designed and patented the first internal-combustion flat engine.He was German.

The first self-powered aircraft was created by an Englishman by the name of John Stringfellow of Chard in Somerset,who created a self-powered model aircraft that had its first successful flight in 1848.

Clément Ader constructed and designed a self-powered aircraft.On October 9,1890,Ader attempted to fly the Éole,which succeeded in taking off and flying uncontrolled a distance of approximately 50 meters before witnesses. In August 1892 the Avion II flew for a distance of 200 meters,and on October 14,1897,Avion III flew a distance of more than 300 meters.

The Wright Brothers made their first successful test flights on December 17, 1903.This flight is recognized by the Fédération Aéronautique Internationale (FAI),the standard setting and record-keeping body for aeronautics and astronautics,as "the first sustained and controlled heavier-than-air powered flight".

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
This really won't bother me at all and it shouldn't bother anyone else. I feel that as soon as there is no majority or minority then the race issue will hopefully be history. People say America is the land of opportunity, but I say the whole world is a land of opportunity if people would just leave their differences behind. There are issues about having to many kids and not being able to raise them without assistants, but that's in every race you look at. Things need to change in this world but how many White's, Hispanics, Blacks etc... shouldn't matter.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

I read the article but it doesnt reall state what "white" is. I mean look at Barak Obama. They call him African-American but he's half white and half black. I just want to know what the definition is.

Very good point.
These days censors have a "mixed" box that can be ticked,but it seems the British government still classes them as non-white.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Styki
Also, women with an IQ of over 140 are more likely to decide not to have kids? That's smart, nice way to end your bloodline. Although I do blame this on todays complex society. Do to personal finance concerns it's smarter to wait to have children. Also if you have a job that takes up the majority of your time you might not even want to have children at all.

Yeah well consider human females are just about the only warm blooded species that does NOT know when they are fertile. Odd huh? Most all other species give off some sign. Some theories suggest that because of human intellect and high risk of childbirth, human females began to avoid mating when they realized they would be most likely to conceive. As a result the trait was bred out.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I dont really agree with the whole story, i reckon the whole world will be mixed race, and not more white people than black people, well it will obviously happen, and eventually few people will be black or white, and instead, most people will be half cast

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
One must ask here......what "minority" in the vast us gov wrote this BS? Based on real citizen births or illegal births, or? What is the agenda for such a study?

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jakyll
reply to post by eradown

The car you drive and the planes you ride were invented by Americans.

François Isaac de Rivaz designed the first internal combustion engine,in 1806.He was Swiss.

Karl Benz generally is acknowledged as the inventor of the modern automobile.In 1896 he designed and patented the first internal-combustion flat engine.He was German.

I conceded in an earlier post that Ford was not the inventor of the automobile. He was the inventor of the assembly line. Thanks for further clarifying how the Wright brothers contributed to aeronautics. Although they were geniuses. They did not work in a vacume. They learned much from the efforts of other geniuses particularly Otto Lilienthal who sacrificed his life trying to fly and Octave Chanute.

[edit on 14-8-2008 by eradown]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
OUTSTANDING NEWS! In 2042 I will be 66 years old, officially a senior citizen and a newly declared minority. That means I can openly bitch about everything and expect special treatment without recrimination from anyone, as I will be a protected class on two fronts. (This post is not intended to state that all minorities or elderly act this way, it just seems like most people who act this are either old or are minorities.)

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by spitefulgod

i assume this is what the American Indians were
thinking when boat loads of immigrants started flooding in from europe,east and so on taking up their land and forcing them into reserves and taking their resources.

cant see how the yanks can bitch about this when its history just repeating its self.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610
As mentioned above the highest class of Indian’s also consider themselves to be Caucasian.

That is completely incorrect in so many levels.
As mentioned russian historians believe indians to be the purest of breeds.

Secondly no brahman considers himself at all to be anywhere near caucasian, in fact they try to distance themselves as much as possible.

Not because they don't like them, but just because out ouf all types of people Brahmans the most, do not want india to be westernized.
They want to retain indian values.

So there is absolutely no truth in that statement.

And as far as arabs, they came to india and learnt certain things from us and then taught it to their people. This is because indians strongly believed in the sharing of knowledge of the good of humanity.

Many indians even believe mohammed the prophet was first a hindu, but his ancestors were cursed so a baby would be born who thought differently and hence came out islam. there is even a shiva lingam under the kabba. it is said that when water from the ganges is poured on the shiva lingam it would be the end of islam. Muslims in response to this insulted hindus by pouring the blood of massacred cows all over the shiva lingam. You can see what a shiva lingam is in google images.

Sorry for going off topic.

SR

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
The sad fact is white or black or purple or green whatever the colour racism will still exist.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
afp.google.com...

And by 2050, when the United States is projected to have a population of 439 million people, 54 percent of the population will be of racial minorities.

The largest growth will be among Hispanics, expected to be 133 million by 2050 -- almost a third of the projected US population growth between 2010 and 2050 -- due to high birth rates and immigration.

The Asian population will rise from 4.5 percent in 2010 to nearly 8 percent in 2050, but the non-Hispanic black population is expected to remain steady, going from 12.2 percent of the population in 2010 to 11.8 percent by 2050, the figures show.

I have read a few articles that say the black population in the US will remain steady. That seems very odd to me as they seem to have quite a few kids.

Regarding someones comment that "in the future there won't be more white people than black people". Whites only make up about 8% of the world population now.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Is this really a problem

After all they will still be Americans regardless of colour, right?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join