It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Witnessing Sleep Paralysis of Another?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 03:49 AM
link   
This is something I've been thinking about for a while. I've experienced sleep paralysis for a good chunk of my life, pretty much at random; although I've found a couple things that seem to influence my chances of it occurring (which I avoid).

I'm not sure about the experiences of others but for me, when it happens and I'm "stuck" between waking and sleeping, it sometimes ends in me briefly falling asleep for seconds or minutes just before I jolt awake- from my perspective. Other times I pull myself out of it and bam, I'm awake.

Now I wonder, what this would actually look like to an outside observer. Would my eyes be wide awake with terror but otherwise unflinching? Would my muscles appear tensed and flinching as if I'm straining to escape an invisible force? Or maybe my eyes are moving rapidly but nearly closed with the appearance of everything being normal up until the point where I spring upright gasping for air...

Is there anyone here who experiences sleep paralysis that's married, whose spouse as actually seen them in this state? I think it would be fascinating to hear from someone like that. I'm not married, though I have had someone else in bed with me while I've experienced it, they however didn't observe me. I guess it would have to be a huge fluke since you couldn't signal them obviously, still, no harm in my asking.

Look forward to responses!

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I'll attempt to describe the closest thing that has happened to me from my and my girlfriend's point of view.

Mine:
I dreamed of the room. The room would be slightly modified such as a few objects in the wrong position or lighting conditions were wrong. I could always feel a presence. I was aware of my state and I wanted out of it. I was unable to move even within the dream and I would panic and try to scream but I could barely manage.

Girlfriend:
My eyes were closed and I lay on the bed, motionless as in sleep, making odd howling sounds that she described as not sounding human.

new topics

join