It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ladies, I Dont Like Fighting, I Dont Like Wars...Does This Make Him Less Of A Man?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Hello All (G'Day)

Like the Topic says, I seriously dislike violent conflict. I dislike the idea of getting into a fight or hurting some one, I dislike the thought of war and people hurting any living creatures.

I have been told that this makes me appear less masculine, why? Im not too sure. Dont get me wrong, I'd defend myself and those I care about, or some in distress but doesn't mean I'd look at throwing a punch first thing. If i was frustrated I'd swear or raise my voice, but even so im too laid back to care about the idiots you encounter every day in life.

PS I dont mind violent movies, I watch a lot of action movies but thats just entertainment.

Ladies, does this make you feel a man is less masculine? Isn't being a man, all about being responsible, not going back to our primal instincts?

Come on ladies, speak up!

PS I dont mind cinema violent, I watch a lot of action movies but thats just entertainment!

[edit on 14-8-2008 by q_ball]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 03:30 AM
link   
i know you were asking the ladies this question but i'd like to say that several guys have thought i was less of a man due to the fact i care for my face so damn much.

that's never bothered me though. ok i'm leaving the thread now..just wanted to make that comment.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by q_ball

What makes you less of a man is what you described, what you do is being more of a real man.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 04:47 AM
link   
will be Good to see what the ladies have to say about this!

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 05:16 AM
link   
I say good for you q_ball. I hate violence and the world is saturated with it, and it's sad. So are you less of a man.....hell no. In fact, just think about how different our society would be if more men would think with their brains instead of their guns, knives and fists. I'll bet that you are a problem solver, one that thinks first and reacts later. If people would just stop and think for one minute before they react in a given situation then maybe they would react differently without the guns, knives and fists.

Rush

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by hsur2112

Just annoys me thats all. You cant go out any where with out confronting people ready to just yell and get physical or with an abusive nature. I dont understand it. People must get a kick out of being idiots because they have their own issues, which is not a justification for it.

I personally believe women dig the more violent bad boy thing...they love the aggressive alpha male boy friend...now is this the guys fault or the girls? I say its both. Both species, instead of evolving are chasing their useless primal instincts.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I was taught that it takes a bigger man to walk away from a fight than it does to start it.

There is a time and a place for it... but and this applies equally to nations as it does to individuals... it should be the last resort, not the first choice.

[edit on 14-8-2008 by grover]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   
You are not any less of a man for not wanting to fight or be in a war...

Only if you turn Yellow during a fight or a war, then, you are a coward...

Fear is in everyone...

Its only how you deal with it, that determines your fate.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
The answer, plain and simple: NO.

No one is less of a person for not wanting to harm anyone else. There is nothing wrong with having a respect for nature, and having a respect for fellow people.

- Carrot

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I personally think that people who seem to enjoy violence too much have mental issues.

It does not make you less of a man at all. But I hope you can at least defend yourself if worse comes to worse. But I think that way for everyone, men and women alike.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I was this party on Friday night, I met this girl who an actress and we shared some mutual friends at the party and thru work etc. Now she said she didnt care for the bad boy thing with the anti social personality but yet she clearly asked for my number only after she saw me get into the my GTO and tell my mate to give me a call if any one gate crashes his party. That wasnt a tough guy thing, i was just helping keep an eye out incase idiots arrived un invited. Now she cant stop calling/msging me! She found out im law student thru mates brother and now she asking me out!!! Im a gentleman shouldnt I organise the date??? Wierd! But im convinced she only digs me cos she thinks im the bad boy and a couple years older then her!

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
q_ball, in these modern times it is perfectly acceptable for the girl to ask you out as well.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   
lol i grew up watching james bond, seems wierd for me lol

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
when chicks irritate you that means they like you.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Maybe she sees a little of both sides to you, q_ball. A strong side, not violent, but a strong and protective side. Then she sees a softer, sensitive side...a side that many men don't have...or maybe they do but don't want to show it because it conflicts with their bad boy image.

Take her out, maybe just for coffee...someplace really casual and just get to know each other a little. And if you guys hit it off plan a second, more formal date.

Rush

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scarlett Johanson
when chicks irritate you that means they like you.
\

isin't this a lil BS myth that ppl always act like is true when you're young? i heard this all the time when i was coming up.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
It's been my experience that most of the macho, manly men, bad boys are over compensating for a deep seated feeling of inadequacy; perhaps
in the physical realm, intellectual insecurity, social standing, etc.

but q_b, a GTO is quite a macho image compared to a Subaru or a Honda Civic.

I drive a 450SL and proud of it. Macho? oh yeah!!

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
but q_b, a GTO is quite a macho image compared to a Subaru or a Honda Civic.

I drive a 450SL and proud of it. Macho? oh yeah!!

Newsflash!!!! Woman aren't really that impressed with the cars, boys. I wouldn't be any more or less impressed if you were driving a minivan. And if what kind of car you're driving really matters all that much, then I'm not sure what that says about her.

But I do agree with what you said, whaaa. Men do tend to over-compinsate for some insecurity with over-inflated macho egos. And I'm not man-bashing because women do the same thing.

Rush

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Scarlett, that rule only applies if you are under the age of 12.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 04:57 AM
link   
im not over compensating, ive always liked cars. I believe she just see's it a bad boy thing. Maybe, she has the wrong impression of me. Which could be a possibility.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join