It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The real million dollar question...is Bigfoot sentient ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Lotta folks are missing a really important question.

Is Bigfoot sentient, self-aware ?

I believe its a possibility. Being able to hide for this long from humans certainly would require some critical thinking. Animal instinct will only keep you hidden for so long.

And when they die, perhaps others bury them.

Can you imagine the religious ramifications if we learn this bigfoot is a close relative and can think ?

Creationists will have their hands full explaning this one.

Yes its interesting to wonder if this is a hoax. My guess is its real, these guys arent going to schedule a news conference and invite a FOX news host there as well if its bull. But the important question of whether they are self-aware might have world-altering implications.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Self-awareness comes in degrees and there is no absolute cutoff point. Some humans hardly seem sentient
and I've assessed that my cat seems to be rather so after alot of observation though in a qualitatively different manner.

Is bigfoot self-aware? Yes, if he exists. If not, then unequivocally no.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 05:01 AM
link   
I think it would have to be self aware to a certain degree. As for the burying of their dead, that might be a possibility, but the fact that we have not found any remains, including bones, does not mean much.

One seldom finds a bear carcass or other large animals, due to they are eaten by smaller animals, including insects rather quickly. The calcuim in the bones would be highly valued by many animals, so they would be disposed of fairly quickly.

Also, most animals have the instinct to hide, when they are feeling ill or weak, due to the fear of other animals. So not only do you have an animal hiding itself from others, you also have a whole forest of animals eating the remains up quickly.

new topics

join