It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Famous People Who Were Spies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
The article below discusses the fact that many noteworthy individuals were members of the WWII era OSS spy ring that was eventually folded into the CIA. These included politicians, actors, athletes and even someone like Julia Child, the world renown chef. The list apparently names 24,000 people and will run some 750,000 pages.

I think it will prove interestingly to read about what some of their assignments and responsibilities were and how effective their involvement was. It mentions that in some cases they were merely used to stir resistance among foreign troops so I'm sure some in the ring had much more active roles than others. In any case, it's great to see that this kind of information is being made available.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I also found this article from four years ago about Julia Child that mentions her spy work and how she met her husband, a fellow OSS employee and the man that eventually gave her part of her famous name. Even with all the information I read about her when she died, I never realized this about her background. Again, it should be interesting to see what other tidbits come out about people, both famous and otherwise, who worked for that agency.

abcnews.go.com...

join