It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will you take The Pledge?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
No,
I pledge to be true to myself and what I believe
everyone else take a number.
I will no longer bow to the will of the p.c. police.
since when does the will of a few dictate the will of the many.
glare at me all you want I where fireproof underwear.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Well, someone posted some video of Obama but I couldn't hear him saying the pledge.... because of a PC SNAFU (applied XP SP3 and now no sound
). So, I'll partially pledge to refrain from unsubstantiated outburst concerning the idiocy of the candidates; because I did see him in the video but I couldn't hear him. Once my PC sound problem is resolved I'll watch them again.

-Euclid

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by euclid
Well, someone posted some video of Obama but I couldn't hear him saying the pledge.... because of a PC SNAFU (applied XP SP3 and now no sound
). So, I'll partially pledge to refrain from unsubstantiated outburst concerning the idiocy of the candidates; because I did see him in the video but I couldn't hear him. Once my PC sound problem is resolved I'll watch them again.

-Euclid

Well i guess a partial pledge is better than nothing.
Good luck on the speaker problem.

Not really sure why someone needs proof like that in order to take a pledge that says "i'll be good"

But - to each their own.....:shk:

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
They're mounting the "ignorance of others, our points are the only ones with credibilty, political clan" JOIN NOW! The people taking that pledge will be the critics of all (OP)s. They and they alone will be the authoritarian of all politics. We should fear them, yes we should.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by rightwingnut

Nobody is saying that.

Since when is "candidate A is the KKK leader and dresses like a nymph in his free time" a critical talking point for any civilized and intellectual debate?

It might go over well on lesser boards, but this is ATS.

"Deny Ignorance" doesnt mean "post it"

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I, damntheptb, Pledge and Promise to do my part in making political discourse on ATS a thing to be proud of, and to maintain a civil tone in discussions in all areas, but most importantly in Decision 2008 and all other political forums.

To that end, I will consciously avoid using any of the following offensive tactics in my posts:

-*- mindless repetition of divisive spoon-fed political talking points

-*- patently false information about candidates presented as truth

-*- exaggerated disaster scenarios if one or the other is elected

-*- shameful racism

-*- shameful bastardization of candidate names

-*- shameful focus on personalities instead of issues

-*- pathetic fear mongering

-*- embarrassingly little focus on real, important, vital issues

If I do commit any of the aforementioned tactics, I will immediately admit it and apologize to any member I might have offended.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

Well I took "the pledge"
Unfortunately, though YOU came up with the idea, you were unable to keep to your word for more than four days.

Managing to break most of your "pledge" by getting "kicked" three times off the First page of one of Your own threads. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Wasn't there something about apologizing?
Some kind of pledge you got there.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
reply to post by jsobecky

Well I took "the pledge"
Unfortunately, though YOU came up with the idea, you were unable to keep to your word for more than four days.

Managing to break most of your "pledge" by getting "kicked" three times off the First page of one of Your own threads. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Wasn't there something about apologizing?
Some kind of pledge you got there.

Could you give us more on the hypocracy? Examples, links,. I am shocked. I thought sure these were the bastions of rightful political post, and all so soon someone is saying that one of them is a fraud. Oh, the travesty, how will we be able to understand the right manner of communication.

[edit on 20-8-2008 by rightwingnut]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I am honored to take this pledge.

Though this one - much like the original "pledge" and a couple of other "oaths" I have taken continue to be interpreted by an individuals own agenda filter.

Politics like religion are inherently fraught with much more opinion than fact.

Nature of the beast - if you don't like the rules - make up you're own or don't play. IMHO.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
great "wish i could" pledge. Be careful of your hypocratic side it could happen anytime.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by rightwingnut

Wow slow down there sport,
I don't even know what you're talking about.
Are you saying that my post in this thread isn't correct or are bringing in another beef for another thread to address this one.
Can you please clarify?

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Perhaps I have the quote thingy wrong. Aren't you implying that jsobecky had defaulted on its pledge? This must be kept in context. We must understand those who can and those who need not, pledge. If there are acusations please bring proof.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I, dnbaudio, Pledge and Promise to do my part in making political discourse on ATS a thing to be proud of, and to maintain a civil tone in discussions in all areas, but most importantly in Decision 2008 and all other political forums.

To that end, I will consciously avoid using any of the following offensive tactics in my posts:

-*- mindless repetition of divisive spoon-fed political talking points

-*- patently false information about candidates presented as truth

-*- exaggerated disaster scenarios if one or the other is elected

-*- shameful racism

-*- shameful bastardization of candidate names

-*- shameful focus on personalities instead of issues

-*- pathetic fear mongering

-*- embarrassingly little focus on real, important, vital issues

If I do commit any of the aforementioned tactics, I will immediately admit it and apologize to any member I might have offended.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
We've lost the edge. We must continue to recruit. How will posting etiquette be returned to something understandable. TAKE THE PLEDGE!!!

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by rightwingnut
We've lost the edge. We must continue to recruit. How will posting etiquette be returned to something understandable. TAKE THE PLEDGE!!!

What's the point? Name calling, snide remarks, and acrimony seem to be the current order of the day. Civility is dead. Welcome to the future in America. Graciousness is a symbol of weakness. I'm guilty even though
I didn't take the pledge.

After reviewing who took the pledge; almost no one even came close to living up to THE Pledge; the OP included.

God help us!

[edit on 3-9-2008 by whaaa]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Now that's what we need if you don't pledge make a commitment with reality, nice job

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Originally posted by rightwingnut

What's the point? Name calling, snide remarks, and acrimony seem to be the current order of the day. Civility is dead. Welcome to the future in America. Graciousness is a symbol of weakness. I'm guilty even though
I didn't take the pledge.

God help us!

Doesn't mean you give up! Civility is only dead if we let it die.

We each just need to refine the grey area between civility and standing up for what you believe.

Debates can be won without being derogatory or condescending, but we also need to try and not be so sensitive and easily offended.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I, zlots331, Pledge...you know...the rest of what you said.
Long live ATS

ps would it be rude to forward this to someone who may need it or am i just being judgmental. dammit, I did it already. aarrgghh

Martha, have you seen my pills?

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
We know your out there mak a move toward intelligence. TAKE THE PLEDGE!!!

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
ooops

[edit on 9-9-2008 by rightwingnut]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join