It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is stratfor reliable?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I'm thinking of becoming a member of stratfor. I already get their newsletters. They claim to be a nonpartisan source of news. How reliable are they? Is anyone here a member? What are they like?

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I check with STRATFOR ona weekly basis, sme times daily, and also ge the newsletter. I've never found a report from them to be less than premium material, and would rank them in the top 1% in themarket for reliability.

The GWOT forum, has a thread called The ATSer~Global Terrorism Fusion Center, and a large majority of my links are from them. Great service with awsome credibility.

They are in my opinion one of the top five, pubilically available groups who cover material you will have trouble finding elsewhere.

That is just me, but they have never done me wrong and their reputation speaks for itself.

& 5 stars for STRATFOR, from me.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Personally never heard of them, but their list of steady customers seems to indicate that they are fairly accurate.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

I have heard some one in their upper strata, George Friedman, give some observations on the Dave Ross Show in Seattle about the possibilities of a war with Iran. It was before the election, but he felt the possibility was low... He seemed to be intelligently analytical I liked the way he came to his conclusions and his evidence.
wikipedia...
Friedman has described himself as "a conservative Republican." "Up until 1989 I would have considered myself a classic conservative, my primary concern being the Soviet Union and anti-communism." "One of the things, I think, as a conservative I believe is there's a constancy in the human condition. There isn't dramatic changes, millennial changes, where everything is solved and we live happily in peace". [1]

Having parents who had been Holocaust survivors and also fled from Communism, Friedman developed "a kind of deep and abiding hatred of totalitarianism."

that said he seemed reasonable.area51

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Very concise overviews of developing regional situations. Provides background that the mainstream media fails to include. I do not have the background to evaluate their forecasting models, but I believe that they provide enough information to gauge the situation on the ground.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Hadn't seen if before, just looked at it and I really dig it.

Thanks for the recommendation I'll definitely bookmark it.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SonOfChaos

Yeah, since this thread I got a subscription to it and now I'm hooked. I love getting all of their in-depth reports through emails. They get the news before the MSM does. They're superb. However, if you want an opinionated view on the issue, I would recommend looking elsewhere.

new topics

top topics

join