It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

strange NASA pictures (2 unknown objects near the Sun) -amateur astronomers, any suggestion?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by sty

You can't determine the size of a bright, nearly-point light source just by how many pixels it occupies in a digital image; as pixel wells fill up they spill over into neighboring wells so all it can tell you is how bright the object is.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
It is Nibiru(possibly in my point of view but I hope Im wrong cause no amount of lame debunking and bickering and lame coverup and concensus reality can save ordinary people from its effects) aside from the ships and the planets mentioned above by the posters here. Thanks. Hope that Zechariah Sitchin is wrong because and even though he got 10 plus books under his belt in pointing to that planet even though he has lots of mistakes in looking for the truth about it in researches.(Something behind the sun and near the sun)====To be continued====....

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 05:44 AM
link   
I must concur, I'm a theoretical physicist here in UK and have been an amateur astronomer for the past 15 years. I'm pretty sure this is Mercury and Saturn. Don't forget we're approaching a ring plane crossing, so saturn's rings have been narrowing up and will appear to be almost edge on now and through next year.

I'm afraid you must seek your spaceships elsewhere!

[edit on 6-11-2008 by timelike]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 04:14 AM
link   
its a bloody cd you idiots

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Stereo A (ahead) continues recording a very odd object as big as the Sun if not bigger (visually).
stereo-ssc.nascom.nasa.gov...
the Sun is outside the right frame. The object in the left increased after September 14 until now

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Gliese581

Two things. First, the heliospheric imager labels are reversed; the ahead view is from the behind satellite and vice versa because the imagers are mounted on the sides of each spacecraft. The second thing is that I see no "objects" just light from the heliosphere:
www.springerlink.com...
These imagers look at earth-directed CMEs from our sides as they approach 1 AU and beyond, so naturally the light from an expanded CME is going to be much larger than the sun dimensionally, but infinitely less dense as well.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Gliese581

The "object" is the milky way.
Here it was last year.
stereo-ssc.nascom.nasa.gov...

[edit on 10/1/2009 by Phage]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thanks phage. After viewing a time lapse video showing it coming into view I agree 100%. I thought we might be looking at the back end of a large CME, but clearly it's just the milky way. It's much easier to tell what things are in these imagers when you look at them in full motion.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
just one thing you guys should know about the stereo, taken from nasa website!

January 21, 2007, ejecting it from earth orbit in the opposite direction from spacecraft A. Spacecraft B entered a heliocentric orbit outside the Earth's orbit. Spacecraft A will take 347 days to complete one revolution of the sun and Spacecraft B will take 387 days. The A spacecraft/sun/earth angle will increase at 21.650 deg/year. The B spacecraft/sun/earth angle will change -21.999 degrees per year.

just to note there a little bit closer to the sun than they should be mathematically to be venus, possibly could be mercury, but the size and proportions just does not match the orbital parameters

[edit on 20-2-2010 by sema sema]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join