It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As good a time as any for these words.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I wonder how many of the posters in here realy and truly understand the situation the world sees itself in tonight. The talk on who is wrong, who is right is secondary to where we have found ourselves.

The facts are... We are in a position much more deadly than the c missile crisis ever was. The maniacs who are leading us to this precipice have no thoughts for you, for me, for anyone other than their own egotistical power hungry, lack of thought for life, selves.

Tonight I thought deeply about something a great man ( my grandfather) once said to me. He said " If your prepared and lose or fail while trying your best, you havnt lost or failed....If your not prepared that is the only failure".

I gathered my family round me tonight and we nominated members for certain tasks pertaining to increasing our own chances of surviving whatever the next days, weeks, months bring to our door.

Dont be caught out sitting in here in ATS, in this alternate reality as reality of what is happening goes on in the real world outside your computer room.

Id like to wish everyone luck now while we can still communicate. Wherever you are, whoever you are, whatever your beliefs. Remember above all, help those that need helped and if I dont see or hear from you in this life, hopefully I will in the next.

[edit on 13-8-2008 by captiva]

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Your grandfather was clearly a very clever man, as I live my life by a similar mantra.

As far as ATS members just sitting in cyberspace and doing nothing to prepare for what may be coming, I think you'd be surprised.

I am convinced that there are many of us here sat at our computers with our bug out gear sat ready just waiting for the moment.

Yes, it will be more difficult once communication goes down, but we will know one another. I am sure of it.

I will be the one floating somewhere isolated in my boat, and if anyone I come across can prove to me they are an ATSer, come aboard.

seriously, I think a lot of us are prepared and waiting.

Peace,

MGGG

edit coz I can't spell

[edit on 13-8-2008 by machinegun_go_go]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Well, I'm stuck on an island that seems to be drowning in rain, but i suppose it's as good a spot to watch the fireworks from as any. As for myself and my family, we have a couple of little stock piles here and there and some gardening planned for the spring, we havn't much, about 2acres but it should be enough.

But try warning people, i have!, even showed some evidence, and you guessed it, they thought me mad. I hope they're right, the end of september will tell alot

PEACE

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Thankyou and from myself and my family we are also prepared and will continue to become more alert awake and aware in the coming days weeks and years.

You are not alone, and my prayers are with you too.

new topics

top topics

join