It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CURE for arthritis and common cold within five years

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   

CURE for arthritis within five years

www.telegraph. co.uk

A single injection that could cure rheumatoid arthritis is being developed by British scientists. The treatment works like a vaccine and could be available within five years.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Scientists develop 'cure' for common cold

www.telegraph.co.uk

Hundreds of British volunteers are currently testing the drug which could clear up the sniffles within hours and prevent life-threatening infections in asthma and cystic-fibrosis sufferers.

Trial results will be released next April and if successful the medication could be on the market within five years.

Scientists develop 'cure' for common cold

[edit on 13-8-2008 by dodgygeeza]

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I can't believe I haven't heard about this anywhere else, especially the BBCNEWS website!

Also, yesterday it was announced in the telegraph that the cure for the common cold is 5 years away!

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Sorry if this has already been posted.

www.telegraph. co.uk

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Sign me up for both!

Hopefull there isn't mercury in the vaccine

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Sounds Great!

Especially for arthritus. I am one of a few family members who does suffer from this. Some even to the point they are confined to a wheel chair. This should be great for students too, who do want to be sick for class with a common cold!

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 02:09 AM
link   
This makes me think: how are the cold medicine compaines going to react to this?

I have the feeling that this cure will fade out of existence.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Hum.. They are saying that a cure for a VIRUS . .The first to ever exist world wide is only 5 years away..

Do not mistake terminology here.. There is a big difference between cure and vaccine. A vaccine prevents the virus from taking hold in the first place.. A cure is removing the virus from the human body. IE killing it.

This is great news indeed.. If they have worked out how to cure a Virus this is a huge step in being able to cure other viruses like aids etc..

Totally awesome news

[edit on 14-8-2008 by wolfmanjack]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Star and flag..
these "good" news threads never get enough attention.

Hopefully science delivers on this one.

A big pat on the back to the Brits

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 03:06 AM
link   
My doctor with crippling arthritus was "cured" (no pain) back in the sixties. She tried to get the cure into the USA but the FDA would not even allow testing to begin. So do not get your hopes up. Both of these diseases are much to profitable for the pharma companies.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by crimvelvet
My doctor with crippling arthritus was "cured" (no pain) back in the sixties. She tried to get the cure into the USA but the FDA would not even allow testing to begin. So do not get your hopes up. Both of these diseases are much to profitable for the pharma companies.

And this shows you just how much power coporations have today. They'll be the death of mankind.

If a super-virus breaks out, only the rich will be able to afford it.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by abelievingskeptic
Star and flag..
these "good" news threads never get enough attention.

Hopefully science delivers on this one.

A big pat on the back to the Brits

I agree, ATS has a tendency to be depressing to say the least

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
While it seems like it is promising news, lets hope it doesn't turn into I Am Legend :/

top topics

join